ADVERTISEMENT

Fran Fade Narrative

Fran-Con-2

HR All-State
Nov 17, 2019
Don't really want to hear about it this season.

There have been 3 seasons when the fade discussion was entirely justified. But last year, 2016, and 2014, our teams were at full strength. There was no excuse. Additionally, there have been years when our depth was atrocious, not because of injury, but because of poor recruiting decisions.

Not this year.

This year, Fran is working with leftover lego pieces from different boxes. Pat, Nunge, J-Bo, CJF all out. Pemsl, a key forward reserve, out. What coach would've won last night with two walk-ons playing significant minutes? The schedule is absolutely brutal and we'll likely drop most of our remaining road games. Can you blame Fran's coaching? Can you blame his recruiting when we have 4 players injured, three of whom were starters?

This team might really struggle, and when they do, the Fran Fade Fanatics are going to come out of the wood work. Stay in your holes of negativity.

This team has been gutsy and left their hearts out on the floor numerous games this season. I believe this team will continue to battle the rest of the way, no matter what the roster looks like. I know for a fact Garza will never give up. Even if they drop more games then we thought, this team doesn't deserve us bashing them with some near-sighted narrative. Screw the Fran Fade narrative this year and just support the team.

Last edited:
It’s bullshit. This team has over performed all year long & we have one of, if not the toughest remaining schedule out of any current team. Screw the goofers man we can win that game, and then Carver will be absolutely rocking for Ohio State

Great post OP, agree completely. I really hope everyone comes back next year...The program and the fanbase deserve something that could be that special.

Reactions: perryhawk
QUOTE="Chishawk1425, post: 7396336, member: 102113"]Lots of tickets still available............[/QUOTE]

Thought it was a sellout

All this talk about the Fran Fade every year and I would have thought that Iowa wins 1/3 or less of their February games under Fran.

Is OP predicting there will be a fade? We are still 8-6 and still have 3 games at home where we are tough. Huge one sunday. I agree though if it does happen, they get a pass. I think it's even more about insane bten depth than our injuries. Other seasons I think this team could be 13-7ish even despite the adversity but I'll be thrilled if we get to 11

Don't know if you noticed but Fran hasn't many Division 1 players left on the squad. I sometime look out on the court and wonder how were able to stay in any game. We actually now have two offensive options on the court.

Reactions: chuck285
Don't know if you noticed but Fran hasn't many Division 1 players left on the squad. I sometime look out on the court and wonder how were able to stay in any game. We actually now have two offensive options on the court.
Maybe but i am sensing Bakari is going to start bringing it not so sure about Kreiner

Reactions: NI hawk
QUOTE="Chishawk1425, post: 7396336, member: 102113"]Lots of tickets still available............

Thought it was a sellout[/QUOTE]
OSU next Thursday has quite a few tickets still, left. Ped is sold out and Purdue the last game of season at home has a LOT left.

OP is nor wrong. We had spectacular collapses near the end of the season. If it happens again this year, it’s impossible to blame it on him. My heart goes out to him. Losing Tyler, Moss to transfer, and then losing the followings to injury: Jordan, Patrick, Jack, CJ...

The “fade” is nothing more than a Clone troll. Has Fran had some teams that sucked in Feb? Yep. But the numbers through all his years don’t support it. Also, is it a “fade” if they are underdogs in the majority of games this Feb and finish just under .500? Of course not. A “fade” is underperforming period. So in the final 10 games for Iowa if we were or will be dogs in 7 of them and go 3-7 is that a “fade?” No. I do find it funny and so typical very little brother that all the ISU fans care about is how Iowa does and pray for a “fade” and have zero interest in their own team. Really sad life when you want Iowa to lose more than ISU to win.

To be honest I haven’t seen a lot of Fran Fade stuff on the boards. Twitter and national pundits however have been brutal

Bakari had a few moments we had not seen in a while at Indiana.. just knock down 2 threes a game and find two points somewhere else BE
Anything can happen once in a while but don't bet on this happening the last 6 games. I bet on sports books and win once in a while but not 50% of the time...You'll be lucky if he hits two threes a game more than twice the last 6 games....It would be awesome but won't happen...

education-teaching-math_teacher-maths_teacher-maths_lesson-math_lesson-math_class-aban2860_low.jpg

Every team but 1 ends the season with a loss. (Not counting NIT and minor tournaments).

Reactions: Hawksfor3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT