ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman and Harding Alert !

IlllQChawk will bring monster stats by both of these kids soon I’m sure.

Just got home from one of the best games I've seen in Wharton Field House in a long time. Moline just ground down the East St. Louis Flyers from start to finish, Led 42-24 at half and ended up 24. 77-53. Brock Harding led the way with 24 points and a number of assists and Owen Freeman followed that up with 23 points, 16 rebounds, and 3 assists. It was no contest from the opening tip and the only way the Flyers were able to stay with Moline was to chuck up 3's and even though they made 9 of them it had no effect of the game.
Harding showed everyone in the building who was the best player on the floor by going through and around any one guarding him and Freeman was the man in the middle all game. Fun Game to watch.

I thought he had three blocks in the first half alone. Oh well don’t matter.

I was there as well tonight. I really enjoyed watching them finally. If anyone has time and is in the QC area they play again on Monday at 3 at historic Wharton Fieldhouse. Harding was the best player on the floor as mentioned above. My only concern is his size for D1 basketball at that level, but I trust Fran and his coaches on that decision. One thing I did not know was Freeman has a little brother who is a sophomore and is playing on a very talented team. He'll be one to watch for in the next couple of years. I may be going back on Monday to watch again. I can't believe that they won't make a run in the state tournament in Illinois this year.

Fmey_aLXgAAGEBH

Earlier today....

Fmey_aNWIAAoNY5

I was there as well tonight. I really enjoyed watching them finally. If anyone has time and is in the QC area they play again on Monday at 3 at historic Wharton Fieldhouse. Harding was the best player on the floor as mentioned above. My only concern is his size for D1 basketball at that level, but I trust Fran and his coaches on that decision. One thing I did not know was Freeman has a little brother who is a sophomore and is playing on a very talented team. He'll be one to watch for in the next couple of years. I may be going back on Monday to watch again. I can't believe that they won't make a run in the state tournament in Illinois this year.
There are a lot of 6 foot - 6 foot 1 players in P5 programs, what makes Brock special is he's crafty as hell and is the quickest guard I've witnessed playing in a long time. He makes up for any lack of height with everything else he does so well and it's a boat load.

There are a lot of 6 foot - 6 foot 1 players in P5 programs, what makes Brock special is he's crafty as hell and is the quickest guard I've witnessed playing in a long time. He makes up for any lack of height with everything else he does so well and it's a boat load.
Agree

Moline won today with Waubonsie Valley becoming Moline's 18th victim 86-59 with a 4th quarter running clock. WV had no answer for Owen Freeman who had 23 points on numerous layups and dunks around the basket and Brock Harding had 20 points with 6-3 pointers, Both Iowa recruits sat out the 4 quarter. Kind of a sloppy game with lots of turnovers and missed layups by both sides.
Next game for Moline is on Friday against Galesburg, Il at Galesburg and the big one on Saturday at Benet Academy in Lisle, Ill. against number 1 in Illinois class 3A, Chicago Simeon High School, which is also the 4 ranked high school in the country, game time is 6pm. That is all.

Last edited:
How does a high school team get the money to travel all these places out of the area and also so many games. Travel expenses would be exceptionally high, I would think.

It’s crazy they’ve played 18 games already. Here in KC teams are on their 6th or 7th game!
Actually Moline has played 20 games so far. They're 18-2. Most games are within 3 to 4 hours from Moline and they have an active fan base that contributes to Moline. If you think travel expense is expensive, you should see the new athletic wing that Moline just finished last year. It is state of the art and has a weight and conditioning area that is on par with some of the best mid colleges in America.
By the end of the season some teams that get to the Illinois High School finials will have played around 40 games. Not like it used to be back when I graduated in the late 60's.

What are they listing Jack at these days? From that photo, he looks to be at least two inches taller than Peyton.

Last edited:
Moline won today with Waubonsie Valley becoming Moline's 18th victim 86-59 with a 4th quarter running clock. WV had no answer for Owen Freeman who had 23 points on numerous layups and dunks around the basket and Brock Harding had 20 points with 6-3 pointers, Both Iowa recruits sat out the 4 quarter. Kind of a sloppy game with lots of turnovers and missed layups by both sides.
Next game for Moline is on Friday against Galesburg, Il at Galesburg and the big one on Saturday at Benet Academy in Lisle, Ill. against number 1 in Illinois class 3A, Chicago Simeon High School, which is also the 4 ranked high school in the country, game time is 6pm. That is all.

Owen Freeman finished 10-10 from the field for that 23 points; Owen also had 6 blocks and 6 rebounds.

Brock Harding not only had 20 points, he had 8 assists.

Some are some video highlights:

After watching a replay of tonight's game here are the results. Moline won at Galesburg 83-36, Owen Freeman had 23 points, had 8 or 9 rebounds and a couple of assists, Brock Harding ended up with 5-3 point baskets and 21 points total and 8 assists, with neither one playing more then 21 minutes. Sloppy first quarter with Moline leading 21-9 but got things going in the second leading 41 to 26 and half. Moline really got going in the third outscoring the Silver Streaks by 25 and led 74 to 34 after 3. With a rolling clock in the 4th, Moline reserves outscored the Galesburg reserves 9-2.
Tomorrow is the biggest game of the year by far. Number 1 in Illinois class 3A Chicago Simeon at 6pm in the Benet Academy Shootout in Lisle, Ill.

The game against Moline and Simeon didn't disappoint, Simeon blocked a potential winning layup with 1 second on the clock to preserve a 67-66 win that was everything you could want in a high school game. Moline was fighting from behind from the beginning missing open uncontested shots and was down 16-12 after 1 and 30-38 at half. Owen Freeman had 15 at half, Harding had only 3 on many rim runners. Moline continued behind through to the end of 3, down 48-55, but Moline came back to take the lead with under 1 minute left in the game. Harding picked it up and finished with 4-3's and 16 points, Owen finished with 25. With Moline only having 6 fouls late in the 4th Moline gambled hoping Simeon players would miss their free throws, that they did and Moline rebounded the miss by Simeon with 6 seconds left, Brock raced up the court and found Trey Taylor under the basket but his layup attempt was blocked on the backboard as time ran out. It's the only time this year Moline has had a game this close. You never want to lose, but hopefully lessons learned.
Another conference game on Tuesday against Geneseo at Wharton. 7pm

The game against Moline and Simeon didn't disappoint, Simeon blocked a potential winning layup with 1 second on the clock to preserve a 67-66 win that was everything you could want in a high school game. Moline was fighting from behind from the beginning missing open uncontested shots and was down 16-12 after 1 and 30-38 at half. Owen Freeman had 15 at half, Harding had only 3 on many rim runners. Moline continued behind through to the end of 3, down 48-55, but Moline came back to take the lead with under 1 minute left in the game. Harding picked it up and finished with 4-3's and 16 points, Owen finished with 25. With Moline only having 6 fouls late in the 4th Moline gambled hoping Simeon players would miss their free throws, that they did and Moline rebounded the miss by Simeon with 6 seconds left, Brock raced up the court and found Trey Taylor under the basket but his layup attempt was blocked on the backboard as time ran out. It's the only time this year Moline has had a game this close. You never want to lose, but hopefully lessons learned.

Geneseo would get beat by an elite 6th grade team.

Reactions: Sexican and HIWILLE
Thanks for the info, I just saw the score. I’m in the suburbs and was hoping to get there but couldn’t tonight, so looking to get to a game at Wharton. Grew up attending every home game at Wharton, can’t wait to see them play, have a couple of close connections to the team. Thanks again

Apparently the Rubin brothers from Simeon were both 6'9.

Leading scorers:

(Moline) Owen Freeman 25pts
(Simeon) Jalen Griffith 16pts
(Moline) Brock Harding 16pts

Last edited:
Reactions: perryhawk
Hopefully going to hear a lot of 'harding to freeman' calls from Dolph. I honestly haven't seen many highlights but my one worry is it seems freeman as explosive one would hope. Maybe it's just me, but seems he hardly gets above the rim on dunks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT