ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman and Harding Alert !

Not going to go into this game with much detail, Moline won their 20th game of the year by the score of 87-38 against a highly undermanned Geneseo squad. Harding ended up with 14 points with 4 of 5 3-pointers and Owen Freeman had 8 points and 9 rebounds, both playing under or around 8 minutes of playing time. Friday Rock Island invades Wharton Field House and that game is always a dog fight. Moline hasn't beaten RI at Moline in the last 5 or 6 years. Pretty sure Moline has had this game marked on their calendar for a long time.
Saturday is going to be an interesting game as Moline plays fellow top 5 in class 4A Rolling Meadows in the Glenbrook South Shootout. Rolling Meadows has a 23 Minnesota recruit in 6-6 guard Cameron Christie. I'm picking Moline to win both games.

Last edited:
Reactions: perryhawk
Caden Wilkins was tough last night with 21 points 5-9 three’s for Bettendorf as they defeated Pleasant Valley. The kid plays hard non stop.

• Love
Reactions: perryhawk
Caden Wilkins was tough last night with 21 points 5-9 three’s for Bettendorf as they defeated Pleasant Valley. The kid plays hard non stop.
I wonder of Wilkins would be a grayshirt candidate? Another Nicholas Baer?

Nice crowd here tonight Moline vs Rock Island. Rocky with a lot of good athletes. Still like Moline, 15+ to win. Three minutes Tip off.

44-27 moline at half. Freeman with 4 points strapped with foul trouble.

Things getting chippie in this game Rocky losing their cool. Threw one kid out already almost threw another one out . two minutes to go in the third. Harding with 30.

As HIWILLE said Brock Harding ended the night with 30 points but on a sour note getting a tech in the final minute of the 3rd and sitting for the remainder of the game. He was 5 of 10 on 3 pointers and played great defense and finished the evening off by becoming Moline's all time leading scorer. Owen Freeman had 2 early fouls in the 1st quarter and didn't particularly have his best game by any means ending up with 11 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists and did enough to alter Rock Island's inside shots while he was on the court.
The new number 2 this week in class 4A, Moline, surgical took apart Rock Island leading 20-14 after 1, 44-27 at the half, 76-49 after 3, and ended the game up 94-66. Rock Island tried to muck up the game and both teams ended up getting techs with 1 rocky player getting ejected in the first quarter.
Owen Freeman was honored after the game by becoming a 1000 point scorer for his high school career.
Another top 10 class 4A matchup tomorrow night against number 7 Rolling Meadows at Glenbrook South Shootout at 6pm.

Anything on Freeman?

Owen Freeman had 2 early fouls in the 1st quarter and didn't particularly have his best game by any means ending up with 11 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists and did enough to alter Rock Island's inside shots while he was on the court.

Owen Freeman was honored after the game by becoming a 1000 point scorer for his high school career.

As HIWILLE said Brock Harding ended the night with 30 points but on a sour note getting a tech in the final minute of the 3rd and sitting for the remainder of the game. He was 5 of 10 on 3 pointers and played great defense and finished the evening off by becoming Moline's all time leading scorer.

Moline just completely rolled Rolling Meadows tonight by the score of 72-53 in complete domination of a game against a top 10 team in Illinois 4A as you can get.
Brock Harding ended up with 26 and controlled the game from the beginning along with 7 assists. Owen Freeman started the game by putting up 12 in the 1st quarter giving Moline a 22-6 first quarter lead which basically put RM back on their heel's the rest of the game and 36-20 at half as RM ended up 5 of 21 on 3's for the game. Owen finished up with 25 for the game and had about 10 boards. Moline limited the Minnesota recruit, Cameron Christie to 5 in the 1st half and total of 19 for the game. Moline is now 22-3.
Moline travels to Quincy next Friday to play a game that will decide who will win the Western Big 6 Conference, game time 7pm

Moline just completely rolled Rolling Meadows tonight by the score of 72-53 in complete domination of a game against a top 10 team in Illinois 4A as you can get.
Brock Harding ended up with 26 and controlled the game from the beginning along with 7 assists. Owen Freeman started the game by putting up 12 in the 1st quarter giving Moline a 22-6 first quarter lead which basically put RM back on their heel's the rest of the game and 36-20 at half as RM ended up 5 of 21 on 3's for the game. Owen finished up with 25 for the game and had about 10 boards. Moline limited the Minnesota recruit, Cameron Christie to 5 in the 1st half and total of 19 for the game. Moline is now 22-3.
Moline travels to Quincy next Friday to play a game that will decide who will win the Western Big 6 Conference, game time 7pm

Here are highlights from WQAD. Brock is interviewed postgame.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Harding does a great job of keeping his head up when he dribbles and using his left hand to make passes. I think the only real question I have is his ability to defend given his small stature.

Freeman looks like he will help next year. I could see him turning into a 250 pound bruiser with a nice touch around the basket. The kind of player that you need in the Big.

Sidebar: is there a better high school gym than Wharton field house?
Was opened in 1928 and home to the NBA’s Tri Cities Blackhawks. Todays Atlanta Hawks. Remember first time there when I was small Turd and watching wrestler Verne Gagne against Maddog Vashon. Seen the Crusher and stood by André the giant once and he scared the shit out of me.

Moline won a hard fought game tonight against the 8th best team in Illinois's class 4A Quincy Blue Devils at Quincy by the score of 57-46 limiting Quincy to 16 points in the 2 half. In doing so Moline remains undefeated in Western Big 6 play going 11-0 and 23-3 on the season and taking a 2 game lead in the conference with 3 games left. Owen Freeman paced the Maroons with 16 and around 10 boards, Brock Harding ended up with 12 but was off on his shot tonight going 0 for 8 from long range and even missed 2 layups as the game was winding down late in the 4th quarter. His worst game of the year shooting the rock..
Great win with a game at the Normal West Shootout against Bloomington tomorrow night at 7pm.

Update: Moline's game against Bloomington is scheduled at 3:30pm not 7pm, my bad....

Last edited:
This was a Harding quote from a Feb 1 interview.

Fn5uGujWAB0P-Ot

Fn5gsQtWAB8JVTG

From the pic, it sort of looks like he is 10-11 inches shorter than Owen, who is supposed to be 6'11. So perhaps he really is 6 or 6'1.

Dasonte Bowen was also supposed to make an immediate impact so take these comments with a grain of salt.

Nevertheless, I still say Brock will end up being a steal for the Class of 2023.

And is he 6'1, as his Rivals profile states?

FnwGVLzaQA8N-2L

No matter how much I think of Brock, I'll guarantee you that Fran won't use Brock until he's a least a Sophomore because Ahron and Desonte are ahead of him and it won't matter one bit how good he shows in practice.
Anyway, Brock needs to get more physically developed to compete in the Big Ten, so it really don't matter anyway whether he plays next year or not.

No matter how much I think of Brock, I'll guarantee you that Fran won't use Brock until he's a least a Sophomore because Ahron and Desonte are ahead of him and it won't matter one bit how good he shows in practice.
Anyway, Brock needs to get more physically developed to compete in the Big Ten, so it really don't matter anyway whether he plays next year or not.
I think you have no empirical evidence to base this on. How many freshmen have started for Iowa under Fran? Weiskamp, Bohannon, Cook, Gessel, Woodbury? I’m sure I’m missing some.

This afternoon Moline won it's 24 game of the season with 3 losses taking down a young athletic Bloomington High School team by the score of 81-53 with a running 4th quarter clock. Owen Freeman ended up playing just over 2 quarters and had 19 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks. Brock Harding ended his 1 game shooting slump by netting 4 of 9 - 3 pointers and a total of 16 points playing just over 2 quarters.
Moline can clinch the Western Big 6 title on Tuesday with a win against United Township High School of East Moline at Wharton Field House at 7pm.
On the season through 27 games Moline on offense is averaging 73 points per game and on defense there limiting the opposition to just 51 points per game.

Last edited:
This afternoon Moline won it's 24 game of the season with 3 losses taking down a young athletic Bloomington High School team by the score of 81-53 with a running 4th quarter clock. Owen Freeman ended up playing just over 2 quarters and had 19 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks. Brock Harding ended his 1 game shooting slump by netting 4 of 9 - 3 pointers and a total of 16 points playing just over 2 quarters.
Moline can clinch the Western Big 6 title on Tuesday with a win against United Township High School of East Moline at Wharton Field House at 7pm.
On the season though 27 games Moline on offense is averaging 73 points per game and on defense there limiting the opposition to just 51 points per game.

Thanks for the updates.

This guy had these stats:

Owen Freeman:...................... 19 pts, 7 reb, 6 ast, 2 blk

Brock Harding (MVP):...........16 pts, 6 ast

FoKCpi1XwAEWxcC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT