ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman and Harding Alert !

I just got back from the game and I was very impressed with the athleticism of Freeman. He plays tough and will need to add some muscle to succeed in the Big Ten but he is close to our best post right now. I look for him to starter by the end of his freshman year. With the matchup being so lopsided most of his buckets came off of dunks or layups or things very close to the basket and I want to see more of his post moves and more of his outside game but his footwork and his athleticism are both going to be strengths at the next level.

Harding surprised me with how athletic he is. He has tremendous body and ball control. He defends better than I expected. He regularly stripped the other point guard of the ball but gambled a little bit defensively. His handles are very good as well but he did throw the ball away on three turnovers that I saw that were all him being careless with the ball. He lobbed the ball with his left hand once and miss the target and he tried to do a Streetball move by putting his hand back and forth before passing and it slipped out of his hand. I know this was probably because the opponent being so overclassed. I hope he has better discretion against a better opponent. The big question for me is his shot. His form looks fundamentally sound with a quick release so he should be okay but he didn't have a good shooting night tonight.

If I was a betting man; I would bet on Freeman to be a major contributor from the get-go. Harding would be a hard bet to place at this point. I'm not sure what to expect of him at the next level with his size, but he has the quickness and the body control to get in lane and make tough pull up jumpers; hopefully he gets adept at floaters as well. There is a lot of fight in him and he is very very skilled

Last edited:
I just got back from the game and I was very impressed with the athleticism of Freeman. He plays tough and will need to add some muscle to succeed in the Big Ten but he is close to our best post right now. I look for him to starter by the end of his freshman year. With the matchup being so lopsided most of his buckets came off of dunks or layups or things very close to the basket and I want to see more of his post moves and more of his outside game but his footwork and his athleticism are both going to be strengths at the next level.

Harding surprised me with how athletic he is. He has tremendous body and ball control. He defends better than I expected. He regularly stripped the other point guard of the ball but gambled a little bit defensively. His handles are very good as well but he did throw the ball away on three turnovers that I saw that were all him being careless with the ball. He lobbed the ball with his left hand once and miss the target and he tried to do a Streetball move by putting his hand back and forth before passing and it slipped out of his hand. I know this was probably because the opponent being so overclassed. I hope he has better discretion against a better opponent. The big question for me is his shot. His form looks fundamentally sound with a quick release so he should be okay but he didn't have a good shooting night tonight.

If I was a betting man; I would bet on Freeman to be a major contributor from the get-go. Harding would be a hard bet to place at this point. I'm not sure what to expect of him at the next level with his size, but he has the quickness and the body control to get in lane and make tough pull up jumpers; hopefully he gets adept at floaters as well. There is a lot of fight in him and he is very very skilled

Thanks for the update. Always good to hear reports from people who see guys in person. Freeman appears to have the tools to be a solid Big 10 post player, good skills inside and out. Harding I'm intrigued. He seems to be able to get to where he wants to on the floor against high school competition. Really hope he's able to do the same thing in college. Has a bit of herky-jerky style and definitely plays without fear.

Thanks for the update. Always good to hear reports from people who see guys in person. Freeman appears to have the tools to be a solid Big 10 post player, good skills inside and out. Harding I'm intrigued. He seems to be able to get to where he wants to on the floor against high school competition. Really hope he's able to do the same thing in college. Has a bit of herky-jerky style and definitely plays without fear.
91-32 was last night's score; it will be even more fun when they play better competition

Is their schedule set up with some games vs city(Chicago/st Louis) schools?
Holiday tourneys?
Hope to see them vs top competition like that Wis school.

Moline plays Urbana today at 2:30 which is a 3 Hour Drive from the Quad Cities so it’s too far to go. Urbana is 0-4 and has Been clobbered by three schools from Florida, California, Arkansas, and lost a close one to a Mississippi school. Is Urbana a well to do school? Damn!

Next Moline game after today is Tuesday at Geneseo 7:00 pm and next Friday at Rock Island at 7:00pm. Geneseo is bad this year 0-5 with bad defeats but Rock Island is 5-0 and always tough. Hope to see a lot of black and gold at Rocky.

Physically stronger, much physically stronger
You mean to tell me the 19 year old who's been in a college weight program for 6 months is stronger than the high school senior?
Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reactions: bdg8
Is their schedule set up with some games vs city(Chicago/st Louis) schools?
Holiday tourneys?
Hope to see them vs top competition like that Wis school.
Yes they are playing some of the top schools in Illinois with Chicago Simeon, East St Louis, Normal West and Waubonsie Valley on their schedule.. They also played Wisconsin Lutheran who actually beat them and they beat Carmel Indiana. They are in Urbana Illinois today.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIWILLE
Moline and Rocky should be good also Moline and Quincy will be good, Quincy is loaded with Talent.

I see where Wisconsin Lutheran is ranked number one in division 2, a 90-80 winner over Moline. Not a bad loss for sure.

Game with Urbana just concluded with a rolling fourth quarter clock. Starters only played the first half with Moline up 61-12. Game finished with Moline winning 86-32. Brock had 21 and Owen 10 playing only 16 minutes. Next game is Tuesday at Geneseo, 7pm
Brock end up 5 of 8 from 2 and 3 of 4 from 3, Owen was 5 of 6 from 2 and missed his only 3 point try.

TOS had him at 5'10 in his recruiting profile, but Purdue and Rivals list him at 6'0
Yes, Braden seems more developed in his upper body, but remember he's also a year older. If you didn't know better you'd think they were twins. Both have the same skill set, but Brock will have to earn playing time because of the log jam at point guard.

Yes they are playing some of the top schools in Illinois with Chicago Simeon, East St Louis, Normal West and Waubonsie Valley on their schedule.. They also played Wisconsin Lutheran who actually beat them and they beat Carmel Indiana. They are in Urbana Illinois today.
Some of the other non conference teams not mentioned above that are included on Moline's schedule are: Pleasant Valley the top team on the Iowa side of the Quad Cites, at Augustana College part of the Iowa/Illinois shootout on Dec. 17th, 7;45pm, 4 games at the Pekin Holiday Tournament, Dec. 27-29, brackets not announced yet, always a great tournament. Bloomington on Feb. 11th and Just added to their schedule, Rolling Meadows, Jan. 28th at 7pm.
Moline is now rated number 2 in the class of 4A behind only Joliet West High School.

Last edited:
Game with Urbana just concluded with a rolling fourth quarter clock. Starters only played the first half with Moline up 61-12. Game finished with Moline winning 86-32. Brock had 21 and Owen 10 playing only 16 minutes. Next game is Tuesday at Geneseo, 7pm
Brock end up 5 of 8 from 2 and 3 of 4 from 3, Owen was 5 of 6 from 2 and missed his only 3 point try.
This can be a good thing last night and todays game getting the bench some good minutes.
Competition is going to get tougher no doubt.

With Iowa playing Duke tonight in the Jimmy V Classic and Illinois playing Texas before the Iowa game, I don't expect many will want to listen to Freeman and Harding's Moline game against a short handed Geneseo, Illinois team tonight at 7pm.
So as always, the Moline games are on QCSportsnet.com if anyone is interested and I will post any stats and final score when the game is over. I don't expect those 2 will play much more then half the game anyway. Go Hawks!!!

Another running clock in the 4th quarter with Moline leading 76-27 after 3. Harding finished with 16 on 4 3's and Freeman had 15, made both free throws, missing his first field goal in WB6 play and was 1 for 1 from beyond the arc. Game finished 91-30. I'm guessing that Freeman and Harding played about 9 minutes of the games 32.
It will be interesting to see if Moline is rated number 1 in 4A in this weeks polls since Joliet West lost over the weekend.

Last edited:
Harding, Freeman, and the Moline Maroons take on heated and long time rival Rock Island at the Rock Garden tonight at 7pm. As always broadcast starts at 6:45 for those that want to listen to the game. Don't believe there will be a running clock during the fourth quarter in this one. Should be a great game. One of about 10 games that will challenge Moline this year.

At the half Moline leads 55-22. Freeman 16 points, 12 rebounds, 7 blocks.
Harding has 17 points, on 4 of 7 from 2 and 3 of 6 from 3.

Game ended with a rolling clock, Moline won beating the 9th rated Rock Island class 3A team by a score of 78-40. Freeman ended up with 23 points 14 rebounds, playing about 19 min. Harding finished with 18 and 7 assists playing about 20 minutes. Moline is still rated number 2 in class 4A and is off until Tuesday against 7th ranked class 2A Rockridge at Moline. Next Friday Moline hosts the 8th ranked class 4A Quincy Blue Devils at 7pm at Wharton Field House in Moline and next Saturday Moline plays Iowa's state ranked Pleasant Valley at Augustana College at 7:45pm

Last edited:
Without the service of All-State center Owen Freeman who was out with the flu, Moline defeated 7th Ranked Class 2A Rockridge on home court 66-48 to go to 6-1 on the young season. Rockridge only trailed Moline at the half by 2, 27- 25, it took Moline some time to get over Owen not playing. Brock Harding ended with 26 points on 6fg, 4-3pt goals, and 2fts.
Friday, Moline takes on 8-0 Quincy, ranked 8th in 4A.

Last edited:
Brock was close to being well into the 30 points as the ball several times seem to rattle in out or rim around and you could see him get a little frustrated. He’s quick as a cat. Hope Owen is ready to go Friday as there will be Five of us going. This will be a game that you better get there early I’m afraid.

Wharton, Fieldhouse Moline
Without the service of All-State center Owen Freeman who was out with the flu, Moline defeated 7th Ranked Class 2A Rockridge on home court 66-48 to go to 6-1 on the young season. Rockridge only trailed Moline at the half by 2, 27- 25, it took Moline some time to get over Owen not playing. Brock Harding ended with 26 points on 6fg, 4-3pt goals, and 2fts.
Friday, Moline takes on 8-0 Quincy, ranked 8th in 4A.

Just got word Owen Freeman WILL be playing tonight for any of you traveling.
If you’re traveling far, you might want to get there early. I understand some games they sell out. This is meaningful game just saying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT