ADVERTISEMENT

Gadson Tweet

I think that Brooks is the real deal and a true man of faith but I have a hard time believing that some of those guys are as committed as they say... I am not a Biblical scholar but When Starr recited the Biblical verse " That's why I came into this game a boss. Bouta get my 4th Natty daddy like one too. I will remain ruthless and PISS on this kids graveyard tonight. Remember this is chess, not checkers" I have looked and can't seem to find where Jesus talked $hit on his opponents but hey maybe he did it on the down low? I honestly think each person deserves their own choice of faith but don't act Holier than thou whenever you are certainly dont act that way.
I would invoke the Lord's name, Yes would we like everyone to be perfect and what they say? Of course I know when I was 18 and going to school at the University of Northern Iowa, I really couldn't have handled having a microphone put in front of my face. That would have been a meme for all time. And I would have been judged for it to this day at 49 years old. Everyone needs to understand and truth. These are just kids. Nobody really becomes of adult until what? 25. 30? Especially in this day and age. Imagine having all your existence recorded. Dissected and judged by 40 50-year-old men online. Youd be a shell of yourself.

It's not a charity. Coaches need to perform or their seats gets hot. Ferentz's offense has been embarrassingly underperforming for far too long and even worse, he used nepotism to hire his incompetent son. Brian needed to be fired and Kirk wasn't going to do it. If the offense doesn't improve under the new OC, Kirk will be next.

It's sad that this needs to even be explained.

Yeah, it's not like these guys volunteer their time. They are VERY well compensated.

True, but memory is short, so you'd better earn it THIS YEAR.

The coaching problems in the football and wrestling programs didn't begin this year. In sports, coaches are generally given a much longer window of underperformance before being removed than their athletes are who are very much required to perform in a given year or get benched.

We're completely ok with transfers replacing underperforming athletes, but you want to remain loyal to coaches who have shown inability to change and who are losing ground on the competition.

I’m not insecure about anything. Mostly upset about people shitting on TNT and Ferentz in general. These people have done so much to make Iowa a better place and to make many lives better. I think the tweet is likely garbage, but Tom and Terry deserve better than what I am reading here in general. There are a lot of things wrong with sports right now. TnT and Ferentz are not what’s wrong.
Kirk deserves the heat he is getting right now. Nepotism promotion of his son that produced the worst P5 numbers, worse than the GDGD years. When pride hurts performance, time to part ways.

Exactly.

As KF said during his 12-0 season are they patting you on the back or looking for a soft spot to stick the knife later.

3 years removed from back2back team titles.
we have fallen off so much we have to give ourselves credit for championships that never even happened.... That alone should make us want a new coach... Iowa doesn't settle for Imaginary championships.

Personally I love watching PSU wrestlers, I want American world champions of character. Slightly flawed as we all are means nothing to me, y'all judge too quickly yet can't judge your own Brand of product. If it goes through them, fine. If it goes through Cornell, NC State, Missouri, fine. Check your ego for the sport. Iowa is in truth not producing world class wrestler's and it's the fanbases attitude that generally holds it back.

Reactions: Mikefontenot27
I think that Brooks is the real deal and a true man of faith but I have a hard time believing that some of those guys are as committed as they say... I am not a Biblical scholar but When Starr recited the Biblical verse " That's why I came into this game a boss. Bouta get my 4th Natty daddy like one too. I will remain ruthless and PISS on this kids graveyard tonight. Remember this is chess, not checkers" I have looked and can't seem to find where Jesus talked $hit on his opponents but hey maybe he did it on the down low? I honestly think each person deserves their own choice of faith but don't act Holier than thou whenever you are certainly dont act that way.
It was hilarious when Henson started off giving the same kind of “glorify God” speech and, in his excitement, proceeded to accidentally drop the F-bomb in front of a packed stadium on national televesion.

I turned to my wife, laughing, and said, “I don’t think God would approve of that language!”

I don’t think this is true at all. First of all, Cael considers post-wrestling success of his athletes to be of critical importance. Second, the animosity between the fans is generally not reciprocated among the athletes. If DT got an opportunity to run the Iowa program and that’s what he wants to do, I’m sure Cael would wish him the best and even give him pointers to be successful, even if it means directly competing with him. I’m certainly not convinced DT actually wants to leave NLWC/M2, but if he does, it will be with Cael’s full support (and Iowa is one of the, if not THE, best destinations outside PSU).
Carl wants his wrestlers to succeed even if they move on and compete against him? Even help them out? Like when he tried to block Suriano from wrestling at Rutgers?

I almost hate to admit it, but many of the PSU guys are f*n to watch and seem to be great people - Kasak, Haines, Messenbrink, Brooks, Kerk - kind of hard to root against them and really wish they would have been Hawks. Some of the others are less f*n to watch or don’t really seem to be great people (CStar).

I almost hate to admit it, but many of the PSU guys are f*n to watch and seem to be great people - Kasak, Haines, Messenbrink, Brooks, Kerk - kind of hard to root against them and really wish they would have been Hawks. Some of the others are less f*n to watch or don’t really seem to be great people (CStar).
While I agree that CStar says a lot of things that I don't necessarily approve of, after his title he praised everyone but himself for his victory. Especially the trainer and Cael. Bad people don't usually acknowledge anyone but themselves, and he actually is a good guy who says college age stupid crap.

The coaching problems in the football and wrestling programs didn't begin this year. In sports, coaches are generally given a much longer window of underperformance before being removed than their athletes are who are very much required to perform in a given year or get benched.

We're completely ok with transfers replacing underperforming athletes, but you want to remain loyal to coaches who have shown inability to change and who are losing ground on the competition.
And you lack patience, dear Vodka. I know that you have the best intentions, but this will sort itself out over the coming months. It has to.

Reactions: el dub
While I agree that CStar says a lot of things that I don't necessarily approve of, after his title he praised everyone but himself for his victory. Especially the trainer and Cael. Bad people don't usually acknowledge anyone but themselves, and he actually is a good guy who says college age stupid crap.
"I'm going to go piss on his grave" is not exactly a classy thing to say. You may think it and say it out loud by mistake, but to write it down and hit send/post is another thing. The rest of the PSU team seems to be good guys, but you can save the Star is one too.

BS. She doesn’t know shit about wrestling. What she likes to do is get rid of the old white guys whcih should make many of you happy on this board. No loyalty left here either for lives given to U of I.
She's gotten rid of one white guy from the football program who was the worst at his job in the entire country.

The other "old white guys" you're talking about have taken Iowa men's athletics to a place of absolute f*cking mediocrity. Our football program is a national joke, literally. Our MBB coach hasn't made a Sweet Sixteen in the 14 years he's been here. Our wrestling coach seems to think it's still 1992 and just turned in a #5 finish at nationals, behind Iowa St.

These aren't young, new coaches just settling in and readying these programs for their stamp and legacy. These are coaches who've been here anywhere from 14 to 25 years. KF and TB have absolutely done a lot for Iowa FB and wrestling, but does a small handful of excellent seasons guarantee a lifetime pass? Apparently at Iowa under Gary Barta, it did. I'm hoping Beth Goetz changes that and makes it clear that with the resources, money, fan support that Iowa has, more is expected.

If I am DT, there is no way I would take the job unless TnT were no longer involved. I would not want that looking over my shoulder. As DT, why would l want that. So, forget associate HeadCoach or allowing them to coach HWC. That would all be a deal breaker. I get full rein, bring my own folks in ... or Im out.

If I am DT, there is no way I would take the job unless TnT were no longer involved. I would not want that looking over my shoulder. As DT, why would l want that. So, forget associate HeadCoach or allowing them to coach HWC. That would all be a deal breaker. I get full rein, bring my own folks in ... or Im out.
Completely agree. If this happens, it will be a complete 180 rebuild in DT's image and under his full control. It's not likely to happen IMO, but it's fun to talk about anyway.

Tom and Terry's schtick has grown old and stale to a lot of fans and the administration. Tom is out of touch with the needs of this program if he doesn't AT LEAST replace Ryan and Bobby this off season. Beth could cement herself as the greatest AD in Iowa history by making Tom change or get replaced and doing the same to Kirk if the offense is the same next year......
Or she could fall on her face

So wait, now we are getting DT as head coach Dake as head assistant coach and Nolf as assistant coach.
Im just going to add we are getting JB as the Head coach of the HWC, shit why not
LFG Im good with it!
That the wish, Knowing how Iowa works in all sports though, we will wait until we are to far behind to try to catch up....

Reactions: xjohnx
I just....
jizz in my pants GIF

"I'm going to go piss on his grave" is not exactly a classy thing to say. You may think it and say it out loud by mistake, but to write it down and hit send/post is another thing. The rest of the PSU team seems to be good guys, but you can save the Star is one too.
I don't defend his post in any way. It's indefensible. In the olden days before the internet, we called that immaturity, and only those within earshot heard him "say" it. Nowadays, it's broadcast to millions over night. It's still just immaturity. I bet in 10 years, he'll call himself an idiot for saying that. We should give our youth a wide latitude because they often say stupid sh!t.

Reactions: Herkylian
I don't defend his post in any way. It's indefensible. In the olden days before the internet, we called that immaturity, and only those within earshot heard him "say" it. Nowadays, it's broadcast to millions over night. It's still just immaturity. I bet in 10 years, he'll call himself an idiot for saying that. We should give our youth a wide latitude because they often say stupid sh!t.
It's too bad the NCAA didn't feel that way in taking away an entire year of eligibility for stupid decisions.

M
It was hilarious when Henson started off giving the same kind of “glorify God” speech and, in his excitement, proceeded to accidentally drop the F-bomb in front of a packed stadium on national televesion.

I turned to my wife, laughing, and said, “I don’t think God would approve of that language!”
My wife is a woman of deep faith. Her father was a preacher and so was his father before.

But every once in awhile, when the moment is just right, she drops a huge F-Bomb that comes out of nowhere and her reaction is just like Henson's.

I curse like a sailor, so I find it hilarious.

Last edited:
I have no inside information but I would be shocked if she would go over Brands head and reach out to potential coaches. That's not on brand for her at all. The only reason she would do it is she was told by Brands himself that he's done at Iowa. Or he's already been canned.

Lol, you keep telling yourself that.

OK chief. Anyway...

I have no inside information but I would be shocked if she would go over Brands head and reach out to potential coaches. That's not on brand for her at all. The only reason she would do it is she was told by Brands himself that he's done at Iowa. Or he's already been canned.

You (and others) are being too literal. Backchannel type stuff happens way more than anyone realizes.

Reactions: sabula and vhsalum
BS. She doesn’t know shit about wrestling. What she likes to do is get rid of the old white guys whcih should make many of you happy on this board. No loyalty left here either for lives given to U of I.
Why do you assume that? Any good AD will surround themselves with good people who do know the in's and out's of a given sport. Or at least know who to talk to. You don't have to be an expert on everything.

Reactions: Trapper85
What's the point of having an AD if coaches run the program? Personally, I'd love to have a boss like that. To let them know, yes, keep me around for 25 more years. Raise my salary 25% each year and by the way I'll let you know when I want to leave.

Reactions: xjohnx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT