ADVERTISEMENT

Game Ball to Phil Parker

nu2u

HR Legend
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan came in averaging 48 points per game.
13 Michigan points -their lowest total of the season
Michigan had scored 52 TDs thru 9 games (1 TD vs. Iowa)
Michigan held to 201 total yards offense
Michigan 3rd down conversion: 5 of 15
Iowa held Michigan under 100 yards rushing
Michigan 1st downs: 14 (Iowa 16)
Speight - 11/26, zero TDs, 1 INT
Amara Darboh: 1 catch, 5 yards

Give that man a raise !

Last edited:
Not only great play overall, but impressive discipline by our D tonight. UM used a lot of different looks.

Doesn't the 600 yards they gave up to PSU kind of average out this win? Jaleel Johnson is a beast...we need to recruit more guys like that.

The D brought it all night and left nothing on the field. How about Jaleel Johnson with that safety? A true freshman corner steps in for Mabin and gets a pick. What a game!
That was an incredible interception. Great hands, great concentration.

Not only great play overall, but impressive discipline by our D tonight. UM used a lot of different looks.
Which is the amazing thing because it's not like Michigan was doing anything noticeably different this week compared to what they had been doing all year to get them to 9-0.

Iowa's defense just decided that they were never gonna allow themselves a repeat performance from last week and went above and beyond to up their play this week.

Remember this was a Michigan team that blew out Penn State (and I think that game was at PSU, yes?)....

Doesn't the 600 yards they gave up to PSU kind of average out this win? Jaleel Johnson is a beast...we need to recruit more guys like that.
?? We need to recruit more great senior defensive linemen? We don't know if we have or we haven't.

I've defended the defense all year. Yes, they've had some rough games, but overall they have carried this team.

I'm not sure what adjustments Phil Parker would have made coming in to this game that would have made that much of a difference from the record yardage they gave up at Penn State and the performance they had tonight. This performance was all about the kids. They had their manhood challenged last week and they played with passion and pride tonight.

I've defended the defense all year. Yes, they've had some rough games, but overall they have carried this team.

I'm not sure what adjustments Phil Parker would have made coming in to this game that would have made that much of a difference from the record yardage they gave up at Penn State and the performance they had tonight. This performance was all about the kids. They had their manhood challenged last week and they played with passion and pride tonight.
It was a combination of the 2. There were several adjustments made in personnel and blitzing.

It was a combination of the 2. There were several adjustments made in personnel and blitzing.

I must have watched a different game. The personnel adjustments were because of injuries and they didn't blitz anymore than they have other games.

With all the personnel changes I almost wonder if there wasn't some overruling on starters prior to this game. Just throwing this out there, but I'd imagine Kirk has final say on who starts and who doesn't. Maybe after the Penn State debacle he said screw it and allowed the position coaches to determine starters. Or maybe this is all vice versa.

I must have watched a different game. The personnel adjustments were because of injuries and they didn't blitz anymore than they have other games.
I will watch the replay later and I can count the number of blitzes if you want. It was north of the usual 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT