*****Wisconsin vs Iowa Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
1:15pm BTN
WISC -1-5
O/U 152.5

Wisconsin Badgers (17-8, 9-5 Big Ten) at Iowa Hawkeyes (14-11, 6-8 Big Ten)

No. 20 Wisconsin travels to Iowa looking to end its three-game road losing streak.

LAST 10 GAMES: Hawkeyes: 5-5, averaging 78.7 points, 31.8 rebounds, 15.7 assists, 6.4 steals and 3.3 blocks per game while shooting 48.0% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 78.7 points per game.

Badgers: 5-5, averaging 71.4 points, 34.1 rebounds, 11.7 assists, 5.0 steals and 1.9 blocks per game while shooting 45.4% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 71.3 points.

The packed house should help some today but I don’t trust this team. 82-77 badgers.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
If Iowa makes theNIT they need to win this 1 otherwise I dont see a path.All remaining away games are brutal.

If Iowa makes theNIT they need to win this 1 otherwise I dont see a path.All remaining away games are brutal.
Yes, must win home games vs Wis PSU and Illini and maybe steal a roadie vs MSU NW or Illini
Then win one in BTT. ....18 wins should do it.

I'll be watching but not expecting much at this point. Hawks only motivation will be pride and beating their nemisis, the nut whacking Badgers! NCAA is out of reach, maybe NIT, but not holding my breath. Our last six games are brutal. I think all Quad 1 games except maybe PSU at home.

Go Hawks!

Big Dix needs a big game.
Every Iowa player that get's into the game, needs a big game. Can't have Krikke go 2 for 10 with only 2 rebounds and Freeman can't be on the bench after getting his 2 foul only 8 minutes into the game, Perkins can't be chucking up 3 pointers and missing mid range shots, Dix can't turn down open 3 pointers, Payton can't get into foul trouble either. I could go on and on but man for man Wisconsin is the better team. Again, I'm not expecting much but as always go Owen and Brock.

Every Iowa player that get's into the game, needs a big game. Can't have Krikke go 2 for 10 with only 2 rebounds and Freeman can't be on the bench after getting his 2 foul only 8 minutes into the game, Perkins can't be chucking up 3 pointers and missing mid range shots, Dix can't turn down open 3 pointers, Payton can't get into foul trouble either. I could go on and on but man for man Wisconsin is the better team. Again, I'm not expecting much but as always go Owen and Brock.
LOL If we shoot 100%, I guarantee victory!

So you’d just keep playing Freeman then?

Iowa is going to win this game

Maybe Patrick will get more than 1 rebound in his 25+ minutes today

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

I’d guess we lose by double digits and look out of sort all game. I’m more curious where BG falls on the fan spectrum over the next couple years of hires she makes.

I predict we get a more defensive minded coach (which we need) but win a similar amount of games…

We didn’t play particularly great man on man D when Dr Tom was here. It cost us few games then…

The Truth is, we’ll never win enough….its just figuring out how you want to lose….

58-57 or 108-104 😊

Iowa is 9-14 against bucky last 23 matchups (not sure why the odd number - found it on their site).

Anyways, would be nice to steal one from them after what otherwise has been a lost season.

Iowa again helps off in the lane and leaves a shooter open for 3.

Krikke responds with a quick 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT