ADVERTISEMENT

*****Wisconsin vs Iowa Game Thread*****

Boy, changing the goal tending call made a little difference :cool:
It was the correct call, but I don't understand why they don't review it right away. Glad they didn't because Wisky probably would've gotten the ball back out of bounds.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
just shows how great a game coach FM is game in game out. In defensive situations he does not replace krikke with dembele.

He did replace Krikke for 1 serries in OT after Krikke matadored two straight baskets to Tyler Wahl.

Perkins came through in 2nd half. Shows you need athletic/strong guard. I don't think we have anybody like that next year unless by some miracle Perkins returns Dix is good...maybe he can put on some muscle. Did good job defending AJ Storr.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
What the hell is Quad one? (Old and dumb)
Quadrant one wins are those home games vs. teams RPI ranked 1-30, neutral games vs. 1-50, and away games vs. 1–75. For example, a home win against a top 30 team would qualify as a quadrant one victory.

A Quadrant 2 win are those at Home against the RPI 31–75, neutral 51–100, and away victories over the RPI 76–135

Reactions: LukaDuka
we-got-one.gif
Sorry about the bug eyes

It was the correct call, but I don't understand why they don't review it right away. Glad they didn't because Wisky probably would've gotten the ball back out of bounds.
yep, I was waiting for them to change the possession arrow with that call.

Quadrant one wins are those home games vs. teams RPI ranked 1-30, neutral games vs. 1-50, and away games vs. 1–75. For example, a home win against a top 30 team would qualify as a quadrant one victory.

A Quadrant 2 win are those at Home against the RPI 31–75, neutral 51–100, and away victories over the RPI 76–135
So by beating Wisky I wonder if they fall out of the top 30? Just our luck.

He did replace Krikke for 1 serries in OT after Krikke matadored two straight baskets to Tyler Wahl.

Perkins came through in 2nd half. Shows you need athletic/strong guard. I don't think we have anybody like that next year unless by some miracle Perkins returns Dix is good...maybe he can put on some muscle. Did good job defending AJ Storr.

He subbed Krikke back in after Wahl fouled out. Which helped a little. :)

more contact on Perkins layup than 90% of the Wisky layups they drew fouls.

Nice win! I really thought they were going to choke it out. Perkins, Dix, Freeman, Sandfort, and Harding had good games. I've over Krikke...time to move on.
I did not have a chance to post when it happened but in the last few minutes of regulation, we played solid defense on one possession and WI missed, there was a battle for the rebound right in the middle of the lane, it looked like Dix got absolutely demolished and no call.

We gutted that one out, but man we make things so freaking difficult, did we have one easy basket in OT or last 5 minutes of regulation? It is such a quandry as Harding just makes things happen on offense, gets others easy buckets, but his matchup vs chucky was not good. Even Saucy had his hands full.

But we have to have more point guard play or I fear we just end up with that crappy looking offense down the strech in games where Freeman sets picks up high and Sandfort and Dix cannot get any space for a shot.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
We gutted that one out, but man we make things so freaking difficult, did we have one easy basket in OT or last 5 minutes of regulation? It is such a quandry as Harding just makes things happen on offense, gets others easy buckets, but his matchup vs chucky was not good. Even Saucy had his hands full.

But we have to have more point guard play or I fear we just end up with that crappy looking offense down the strech in games where Freeman sets picks up high and Sandfort and Dix cannot get any space for a shot.

That high screen offense will really open up when Freeman can start taking and making jumpers from the line.

just shows how great a game coach FM is game in game out. In defensive situations he does not replace krikke with dembele.
Why. Dembele is a foul waiting to happen. The stats say he averages 9.9 fouls per 100 possessions vs Krikke at 3.3 He also turns the ball over at a rate 3 times greater than Krikke. He's shown flashes, but he's not a great defender and going down the stretch, he more than likely creates a disadvantage for his team.

• Love
Reactions: Hendy hawk
Looking at the box score, my man Josh Dix 8/11 along with playing some good defense. Owen Freeman 20 pts, 6 assists, 12 rebound, 2 steals, 6-6 from field---stud. Payton has become pretty consistent and 18 pts, 5/10 from field, and he usually rebounds pretty well.

We need more Harding and always at least 2 guards on court.

Less of Krik-Mac.....Krik-Mac combined 1/9 and 5 rebounds. I think Dimbele-Pryce Sandfort would give us better defense,rebounding and similar offensive efficiency or better .

Why. Dembele is a foul waiting to happen. The stats say he averages 9.9 fouls per 100 possessions vs Krikke at 3.3 He also turns the ball over at a rate 3 times greater than Krikke. He's shown flashes, but he's not a great defender and going down the stretch, he more than likely creates a disadvantage for his team.

Dembele has athleticism and activity needed on the defensive end when Iowa needs a stop. If possible, offensive and defensive subbing for Krikke late would be advantageous.

I thought he was the dog the way he was playing in the first half. When he was taken out and #2 put in and the 13 point lead went bye bye for Wisky I did not figure on seeeing Tony again.

Upper classmen with a history of playing well will get a longer leash. Tony has shown he plays well, especially with a chip on his shoulder. He came up big.

He, and a lot of younger players, do not always get that opportunity. It is earned.

Reactions: Willin
Looking at the box score, my man Josh Dix 8/11 along with playing some good defense. Owen Freeman 20 pts, 6 assists, 12 rebound, 2 steals, 6-6 from field---stud. Payton has become pretty consistent and 18 pts, 5/10 from field, and he usually rebounds pretty well.

Less of Krik-Mac.....Krik-Mac combined 1/9 and 5 rebounds. I think Dimbele-Pryce Sandfort would give us better defense,rebounding and similar offensive efficiency or better .
agreed, too bad head coach does not get it.

Upper classmen with a history of playing well will get a longer leash. Tony has shown he plays well, especially with a chip on his shoulder. He came up big.

He, and a lot of younger players, do not always get that opportunity. It is earned.
Pmac has earned nothing and he got plenty of time in front of others as a freshman. It’s a union card not seniority. Fran likes you you play.

Pmac has earned nothing and he got plenty of time in front of others as a freshman. It’s a union card not seniority. Fran likes you you play.

PMac played well down the stretch vs Ohio State (late FTs) and Minny (21 points). Didn't do much today. It doesn't happen the same way every game.

Reactions: Mohawkeye

Freeman has 3 blocks too

He was solid vs Minnesota. Making free throws doesn’t mean you should play the final 8 minutes.
Not rebounding or defending but making a few free throws is not a trade 99% of coaches could make. Fran probably wouldn’t make it either if it weren’t his son.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT