ADVERTISEMENT

Game Notes/Two Deeps for Iowa vs. Iowa State

I'm surprised Dunker isn't on there. He had a few nice blocks in the running game...one pancake. He looks like a monster...big dude...316 and he moves well.

I would love to see them go with Colby back at guard. He didn't look comfortable in space last week. I guess that means that Plumb is your right tackle if they go that direction.

I'm surprised Dunker isn't on there. He had a few nice blocks in the running game...one pancake. He looks like a monster...big dude...316 and he moves well.

I would love to see them go with Colby back at guard. He didn't look comfortable in space last week. I guess that means that Plumb is your right tackle if they go that direction.
He's 1 of 6 OL that played. Just not bothering to update it basically. Same as listing Roberts over DeJean when DeJean got the start at CB on Saturday.

Plumb??? God, no .And just watch... Keagan Johnson will eventually be ruled out for the year.

Keegan Johnson's injury is setting off alarm bells in my head - its starting to look like this is going to be lingering for awhile.

We could use all the skill talent we can get back ASAP at this point.

Better than Dejong I suppose who was awful Saturday just like all of last year. As for keagan I’m glad after 4 wrs left in the off season we didn’t try to add one replacement.
At least, if you keep Plumb and DeJong off the tackle position, they have some help at LG/RG.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Keegan Johnson's injury is setting off alarm bells in my head - its starting to look like this is going to be lingering for awhile.

We could use all the skill talent we can get back ASAP at this point.
I was thinking same. Reminds me of terry roberts injury last year. Week to week ended being up all season. Before Saturday I’m like if we can get him back and rested for week after Nevada game but now thinking needs all hands on deck for that one too.

Which is a copy and paste from where all those guys were listed last week, so may be another error.
I clearly wasn't paying enough attention last week. Was thinking last week the actual, on-field starters were Richman, DeJong, Jones, Stephens, Colby, so I assumed this was a change.

I clearly wasn't paying enough attention last week. Was thinking last week the actual, on-field starters were Richman, DeJong, Jones, Stephens, Colby, so I assumed this was a change.
Yeah, here were the two deeps from warmups on Saturday.

LT - Richman, Fagan
LG - DeJong, Myslinski
C - Jones, Elsbury
RG - Stephens, Dunker
RT - Colby, Plumb

Starting 5 plus Dunker are the 6 that played.

Last edited:
Not a good sign if Plumb is at RT.

Fortunately, it's ISU. So hold serve and wait for the inevitable Clone turnovers or second half choke job.

It's Lil Matty, so expect the trick plays when everything else gets shut down.

Iowa should either:
A. Put a 2 deep out that represents where things actually stand; or
B. Not publish a 2 deep.

putting out knowingly inaccurate (intentionally or because of lack of caring) information is a bad look for a program that focuses on the detail.

Iowa should either:
A. Put a 2 deep out that represents where things actually stand; or
B. Not publish a 2 deep.

putting out knowingly inaccurate (intentionally or because of lack of caring) information is a bad look for a program that focuses on the detail.
Stable genius!

• Haha
Reactions: natchrlman
I don't remember the last time I was less excited for the Iowa-Iowa State game. Maybe things will change as Saturday approaches, but right now I'll be content with catching the highlights (if there are any).
same here, probably 1999 when a loss is assured

No QB change?

kicked-in-the-nuts-kicked.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT