ADVERTISEMENT

Gamestop

artworks-Ah8muzacEagyyJ7a-66nauA-t500x500.jpg

At this point we are either going to watch a huge transfer of wealth or the powers to be are just going to do something blatantly illegal and say sorry don't care. The system wasn't designed to give money to the peasants.

Correct. He can sell them all on the market, or let them expire "in the money" and that triggers him purchasing the underlying shares for the strike price.
And that's kind of the "talk" is he pimping the shorts or pimping the longs. If he sells the "longs" are out ( stock goes down) but if he holds the world might collapse.( joking but I don't know if anyone really knows what would happen)

If so, and he does it now and they can't provide the shares... any idea what might happen?
From what I understand, the market maker (Ken Griffith's Citadel) purchases the underlying shares when they sell the call option. If people are naked selling calls (without owning the shares) that would cause a huge gamma squeeze and they would need to buy back the shares as the price continues to skyrocket.

When you buy a call option, the market maker typically acts on the other side of the trade, but not directly with you. Here's how they're involved:
Providing Liquidity:
  • Market makers constantly quote buy (bid) and sell (ask) prices for various option contracts, including call options.
  • Their goal is to ensure there's always someone willing to buy (provide liquidity) when you want to purchase a call option.
Facilitating the Trade (Behind the Scenes):
  • When you place an order to buy a call option through your broker, the broker searches the exchange for a seller.
  • Very often, the seller you end up matched with is the market maker. They might fulfill your order directly from their own inventory of options contracts.
Hedging Their Position:
  • To manage their own risk, market makers hedge their options sales with the underlying asset.
  • In the case of selling a call option, they might buy shares of the underlying stock (assuming the call option is a buy call). This helps offset potential losses if the stock price rises significantly.
Impact on Option Prices:
  • The bid-ask spread quoted by market makers represents their profit margin.
  • They adjust these prices based on factors like supply and demand, volatility, and their own risk assessment.
Not Always the Seller:
  • It's important to note that market makers aren't the only sellers of options contracts.
  • Other investors might also be looking to offload their call options, and your broker could connect you with them instead.
Essentially, market makers act as a buffer in the options market, ensuring smooth order execution and contributing to price discovery. They take on calculated risks by providing liquidity and hedging their positions, but their involvement doesn't directly affect who you buy the call option from.

Last edited:
From what I understand, the market maker (Ken Griffith's Citadel) purchases the underlying shares when they sell the call option. If people are naked selling calls (without owning the shares) that would cause a huge gamma squeeze and they would need to buy back the shares are the price skyrockets.

When you buy a call option, the market maker typically acts on the other side of the trade, but not directly with you. Here's how they're involved:
Providing Liquidity:
  • Market makers constantly quote buy (bid) and sell (ask) prices for various option contracts, including call options.
  • Their goal is to ensure there's always someone willing to buy (provide liquidity) when you want to purchase a call option.
Facilitating the Trade (Behind the Scenes):
  • When you place an order to buy a call option through your broker, the broker searches the exchange for a seller.
  • Very often, the seller you end up matched with is the market maker. They might fulfill your order directly from their own inventory of options contracts.
Hedging Their Position:
  • To manage their own risk, market makers hedge their options sales with the underlying asset.
  • In the case of selling a call option, they might buy shares of the underlying stock (assuming the call option is a buy call). This helps offset potential losses if the stock price rises significantly.
Impact on Option Prices:
  • The bid-ask spread quoted by market makers represents their profit margin.
  • They adjust these prices based on factors like supply and demand, volatility, and their own risk assessment.
Not Always the Seller:
  • It's important to note that market makers aren't the only sellers of options contracts.
  • Other investors might also be looking to offload their call options, and your broker could connect you with them instead.
Essentially, market makers act as a buffer in the options market, ensuring smooth order execution and contributing to price discovery. They take on calculated risks by providing liquidity and hedging their positions, but their involvement doesn't directly affect who you buy the call option from.
Thank you for this.

Reactions: Bonerfarts
I’d like to see the manipulators and front runners get their comeuppance, don’t get me wrong.
I’m just not holding my breath it will happen.
The system cannot give money to the peasants. They won't allow it to happen. They will do something blatantly illegal, and tell.us it's fine, before we see a transfer of wealth like this would cause.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT