ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Gavin Williams headed to the transfer portal

I hope so too but next year GW would be at best number 3 and probably number 4. But lets hope we get Harris.
Yeah I don't think there is a direct correlation between G. Williams leaving and Harris coming. I was just thinking out loud. G. Williams had clearly become #3 behind Kaleb Johnson and L. Williams, with both either younger or same class. Don't blame players for wanting to get what they want out of the college years.

Best of luck to Gavin. I wish him well. But to be honest, when it was rumored that a RB would be leaving I was afraid it was going to be Jaz Patterson ( and maybe he still will). In the little that we saw of him this year, I thought he looked like a load for his 188 lbs that he was listed at. Put 25 lbs on him and I think he could be a mauler.

Reactions: PNWHawk
I hope he re-finds his down hill-look for contact running style wherever he ends up!

Reactions: BBHawk
I hope he re-finds his down hill-look for contact running style wherever he ends up!
Spot on..he got happy feet and lost that...exactly what I noticed, doesn't have the speed for that style, has to be a downhill runner.

He ran hard and played with toughness. But it's the right move for both parties.

He wasn't going to get the touches here going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biggus Blockus
Not surprised. Thought he was going to be #1 back for us this year, but KJ is just better.

Gavin was dinged a bit but Kaleb and Leshon definitely passed him by. Gavin not as quick and fast as the other two so he didnt dazzle as much. But remember Kirk is the coach who stuck with Wiseman over guys like Canzeri and others so you never know.

Gavin more of a Toren Young type with power and makes one move to get extra yards.

Good luck to him where ever he lands.

Wish him the best. Seemed like a really good guy and was a good player. We just have players ahead of him.

Reactions: BBHawk
Perfectly fine with this transfer too (along with Bruce). Really made very little contribution and was put in the game in critical downs when I didn't think he should have been. Absolutely hated him on kick-off returns. I'll assume he was dinged all year and not himself...because he looked slow and acted like he was afraid of contact.

That said....I'll bet he's a good human being and wish him all the success in the world.

Reactions: grayhair81
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT