ADVERTISEMENT

Get a grip

dsmithqc

HR MVP
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2002
Of all you complaining about Fran, how many are season ticket holders? it's easy to pay $9 a month to rag here but do you pay a contribution to the athletic department and buy season tickets? Obviously you have the right to complain but hawkeye expectations were way to high including myself. I posted earlier this month that Ken Pomeroy had picked Iowa for 9th in the conference and i was expecting 5th at the worst. That was my first reality check. In addition, Pomeroy picked our conference for fifth best behind BE, ACC, SEC, andBig 12. Pomeroy and Sagarin are the best in the industry and i have used Pomeroy in picking teams in the NCAA tourney . Remember that 8 of our rotation players are either freshmen or sophomores. We have 1 senior and 3 juniors as our upper classmen and our best of the bunch, Nicholas Baer, and he hasnt played yet. With what he does for this team, i would say he is worth at least 10 points with his scoring, rebounding, and loose balls. We probably wouldn't have lost either game. Also, remember that Fran had Tyler Ulis wrapped up until Kentucky threw their hat in the ring. I've sat through the Lickliter and Alford years at Carver. Connor is a player and Westkamp is legit and both are definite upgrades so have some patience. I was also at Kinnick last saturday and frose my ass off and watched this year's version of Jeckyl & Hyde but that's another story . It's never been easy being an Iowa fan but fans we remain. At least you get your nine bucks worth so enjoy. I'll be in the stands enjoying the growth of this team.

Reactions: RogerKint
I have the right to complain whether I spend $9.00 a month or $10 million a day to support Iowa athletics.I too was at the game last Saturday & froze my ass off (not frose) We are all hawk fans here, so get off your high horse.

Of all you complaining about Fran, how many are season ticket holders? it's easy to pay $9 a month to rag here but do you pay a contribution to the athletic department and buy season tickets? Obviously you have the right to complain but hawkeye expectations were way to high including myself. I posted earlier this month that Ken Pomeroy had picked Iowa for 9th in the conference and i was expecting 5th at the worst. That was my first reality check. In addition, Pomeroy picked our conference for fifth best behind BE, ACC, SEC, andBig 12. Pomeroy and Sagarin are the best in the industry and i have used Pomeroy in picking teams in the NCAA tourney . Remember that 8 of our rotation players are either freshmen or sophomores. We have 1 senior and 3 juniors as our upper classmen and our best of the bunch, Nicholas Baer, and he hasnt played yet. With what he does for this team, i would say he is worth at least 10 points with his scoring, rebounding, and loose balls. We probably wouldn't have lost either game. Also, remember that Fran had Tyler Ulis wrapped up until Kentucky threw their hat in the ring. I've sat through the Lickliter and Alford years at Carver. Connor is a player and Westkamp is legit and both are definite upgrades so have some patience. I was also at Kinnick last saturday and frose my ass off and watched this year's version of Jeckyl & Hyde but that's another story . It's never been easy being an Iowa fan but fans we remain. At least you get your nine bucks worth so enjoy. I'll be in the stands enjoying the growth of this team.

Yawn

Don't know about other people, but I myself was a season ticket holder for both football and basketball this year and will be going forward pretty much no matter what. I went to every single football game this year and stayed until the end for all of them. That is including the one this past weekend as you mentioned, where it was pretty cold and we didn't play very well. I have also been to all 3 of the basketball games this year. Not to mention I will probably be going to a bunch of baseball and wrestling games/matches this year. Baseball mostly due to what Heller did last year and our wrestling has been like top 5 every year Please don't let me down guys :D:p:D:p

Words words expectations are too high words words. I discredit any post that starts talking about expectations being too high. We need expectations to be high, period.

Reactions: QChawks
With a young team your going to have "bad days" and unfortunately Iowa is having a bad week per say in terms of basketball.

I am upset losing 2 to Louisiana and SDSU but the season is still young. Hell Wisky already has 3 losses (granted to 3 really good teams). But none the less they have 3 L's and I am sure they will get better just like the young hawks will. Our guard play will hopefully improve and as the freshman get more game time they will adjust to the speed and do what they have to do.

I hate to say it I think some of these players heard all off-season how good we were gonna be returning all our pts and what not and thought all they had to do was show up in the Cayman Islands. Mark my words I think these losses will pay dividends down the stretch. I bet this young team will upset a team or two to off-set this poor losses.

SDSU will end up being around a top 150 team by seasons end. ULL will also be a top 200 team. So these are bad losses, but not earth shattering. As long as we can re-group and upset some teams in the Big Ten, we will be fine. Just like Iowa had an off night shooting vs ULL, I am sure a MSU or Minny will have an off night as well, hopefully when they play us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT