ADVERTISEMENT

Go Woke, Go Broke: THE UPDATE

A couple of things. Dylan Mulvaney tweeted about the can on Saturday April 1. That following Monday AB closed at $66.57. The protest started a couple of days later when it closed at $66.50. It needs to be said that on 4/27, the stock closed at $66.19.
If the stock fell 5% right away then your point would be stronger.
You would have a valid point if the stock had held steady around $66, but that’s not what happened. The stock fell steadily for the first two weeks after the video went viral, bottoming out at $63.38 (a 5.5% drop). It then rebounded for a couple weeks and is now dropping again.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Yes. Those who would be spooked by the potential impact of a boycott would get out quick. But that's not the narrative du jour.
What exactly is the “narrative du jour”? Because my “narrative” throughout this thread has pretty much been refuting demonstrably false claims.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
You would have a valid point if the stock had held steady around $66, but that’s not what happened. The stock fell steadily for the first two weeks after the video went viral, bottoming out at $63.38 (a 5.5% drop). It then rebounded for a couple weeks and is now dropping again.
You mean as more information comes in about the drop in sales and how Bud Light's market share is eroding the stock price gradually falls? No kidding. If the next sales report shows continued drops in sales, or worse dropping, than the share price will fall more and more.

I heard a good description of Dylan Mulvaney today and I thought all sides of the issue could see how it’s a pretty good one, regardless of your stance on Dylan.

“Dylan is a man that is pretending to be a woman who is pretending to be a little girl. Because ZERO females over the age of 13 act like that.”

And who's to say it won't rebound again? Will you come back to this thread and admit the ups and downs of the stock are not due to the social media contrived controversy if it does?

What exactly is the “narrative du jour”? Because my “narrative” throughout this thread has pretty much been refuting demonstrably false claims.
Trying to refute and doing it poorly with misleading information.

Your "narrative du jour" is that the Bud Light campaign caused the stock to plunge. Your evidence is weak, at best.

Reactions: BelemNole
And who's to say it won't rebound again? Will you come back to this thread and admit the ups and downs of the stock are not due to the social media contrived controversy if it does?
Of course stock prices ebb and flow for a variety of reasons. And it’s entirely possible that A-B stock will rebound in the near future.

But that doesn’t change the fact that the stock price fell every day for two weeks after Mulvaney posted her video. If you want to pretend that’s entirely coincidental and that it had absolutely nothing to do with investors being skittish about the boycott then go right ahead. I won’t try to stop you from being blissfully ignorant.

Trying to refute and doing it poorly with misleading information.

Your "narrative du jour" is that the Bud Light campaign caused the stock to plunge. Your evidence is weak, at best.
If you consider certifiable facts to be misleading then that’s a Riley problem.

Of course stock prices ebb and flow for a variety of reasons. And it’s entirely possible that A-B stock will rebound in the near future.

But that doesn’t change the fact that the stock price fell every day for two weeks after Mulvaney posted her video. If you want to pretend that’s entirely coincidental and that it had absolutely nothing to do with investors being skittish about the boycott then go right ahead. I won’t try to stop you from being blissfully ignorant.
Right, because people stopped buying it BEFORE they knew who she was and that they were going to boycott it.
The conservatives are really psychics and knew the moment the (single) can was printed!!

Reactions: Ree4
If you consider certifiable facts to be misleading then that’s a Riley problem.
I consider presenting only some facts and avoiding others that are relevant to be misleading.

You're trying, and failing yet again, to show causation for the stock price and the ad campaign when there is only a very weak correlation.

Right, because people stopped buying it BEFORE they knew who she was and that they were going to boycott it.
The conservatives are really psychics and knew the moment the (single) can was printed!!
What?

I consider presenting only some facts and avoiding others that are relevant to be misleading.

You're trying, and failing yet again, to show causation for the stock price and the ad campaign when there is only a very weak correlation.
Sorry to jump in late, are you suggesting AnBev is seeing this loss in market share for reasons other than this commercial?

I'm the one being blissfully ignorant? The stock did not fall everyday for two weeks after the she posted the video. Don't come back now and claim "almost every day" now. Tell me, why is AB still considered to be a buy?

Reactions: RileyHawk
I'm the one being blissfully ignorant? The stock did not fall everyday for two weeks after the she posted the video. Don't come back now and claim "almost every day" now. Tell me, why is AB still considered to be a buy?

Because it's a whale company that will be able to buy itself back into profitability over the long haul.... they are too big to fail

DFSNOLE said:
A couple of things. Dylan Mulvaney tweeted about the can on Saturday April 1. That following Monday AB closed at $66.57. The protest started a couple of days later when it closed at $66.50. It needs to be said that on 4/27, the stock closed at $66.19.
If the stock fell 5% right away then your point would be stronger.
It did, actually. 11 days after the video came out the stock price had fallen 5.5%.

I'm glad you agree that my point is strong.

How much market share have they lost?

Few, if any.
Market share is hard to measure in the short term, but Bud Light sales are down about 8% year-to-date compared to the same time last year. Most of that loss is because of the accelerated loss in sales the past 3 weeks. The last year I saw data for, Bud Light did about 4.5 billion in sales, so if the trend continues might be a loss of half a billion or so in revenue.

Market share is hard to measure in the short term, but Bud Light sales are down about 8% year-to-date compared to the same time last year. Most of that loss is because of the accelerated loss in sales the past 3 weeks. The last year I saw data for, Bud Light did about 4.5 billion in sales, so if the trend continues might be a loss of half a billion or so in revenue.
Unless, of course, those moving away from Bud Light choose another AB product.

The point that some seem to be missing is that a "loss in market share" is not a loss if the consumer chooses another product from your company. Some of the regular dumbasses weighing in here to demonstrate their ignorance.

And coors and Miller are up. Market share.

Unless, of course, those moving away from Bud Light choose another AB product.

The point that some seem to be missing is that a "loss in market share" is not a loss if the consumer chooses another product from your company. Some of the regular dumbasses weighing in here to demonstrate their ignorance.
They are not, Miller and coors are up.

Lol - You know Miller/Coors is the same company, don't you?

Of course you don't.

Would love to see a link to the data that shows market share since 4/1/23.
Yes, and they are up, thats what im saying riley. MILLER/COORS are up while anbev is down.

I'm sure you would. I'm guessing we are going to need to see the quarterly numbers unless this thing is under such a microscope someone does the napkin math.

Riley, did this marketing ploy cost Anbev money?

Looks like they are giving it away at Costco ... 36 pack of 12 ounce cans for $14.97. That works out to 41 cents a can. Might go lower as the shelf life expiration approaches.

b003-3-1024x576.jpg

• Haha
Yes, and they are up, thats what im saying riley. MILLER/COORS are up while anbev is down.

I'm sure you would. I'm guessing we are going to need to see the quarterly numbers unless this thing is under such a microscope someone does the napkin math.

Riley, did this marketing ploy cost Anbev money?
Link to the market share data?

Market value has nothing to do with revenue/profit. Not surprised you don't know that though.

Reactions: Mayland
I don't what?

How many months has it been?

You're an idiot.
You don't think market share is evaluated over a few months? Aka quarterly

That's what we are saying Riley. Every data point we can show you says anbev is shrinking and Miller/coors is taking the share but the numbers probably won't be available until July to the public.

Keep ducking simple questions dude, no one is noticing you can't answer shit...

You don't think market share is evaluated over a few months? Aka quarterly

That's what we are saying Riley. Every data point we can show you says anbev is shrinking and Miller/coors is taking the share but the numbers probably won't be available until July to the public.

Keep ducking simple questions dude, no one is noticing you can't answer shit...
You're an idiot who doesn't even know why they're an idiot.

Again, link to the shrinking market share numbers. Put up or STFU.

Last edited:
Whelp, the restaurant I go to sometimes didn't have Michelob Ultra on tap last night, which is my usual go to when I'm having several. She must have seen me make an annoyed face when she said they didn't have it, they had Miller High Life instead.

She said it was off the tap now "you know, cause of the controversy." So this thing hasn't totally blown over yet.

It's a pretty upscale place that doesn't go for a redneck vibe at all. But again, if 2% of of your customers are dumbasses and are going to give your bar girls shit about it, it's not worth it....for Budweiser products.

Annoying for me not to get my Ultra, it's pretty stupid that it’s a thing, and also stupid that Budweiser tried it. It's so laughable that Budweiser thought that they had the brand equity that anyone is going to get up and go some place else, it just ain't that good to expect a restaurant to take a stand over.
“Upscale” place that serves mich ultra and Miller high life? GTFO.

It has been trending downward for 7 years, losing half of its value. The craft beer industry probably has a big hand in this. Sales will probably go down and the stock will have ups and downs for the rest of its lifecycle.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
So, in other words, nothing. Got it.

Market share is not determined over a few weeks or even months. JFC
Correct. The only data available right now is the weekly sales data. Right now MolsonCoors is sitting back and basically enjoying the ride. I honestly don’t think ABInbev has a clue what to do. They placed two high-level marketing executives on leaves of absence, but other than that I think they’re also trying to ride this thing out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT