ADVERTISEMENT

Go Woke, Go Broke: THE UPDATE

torbee

HR King
Gold Member

Anheuser-Busch Stock Charges to New Highs. Here's the Trade.​

Anheuser-Busch stock recently hit new 52-week highs despite controversy surrounding its Bud Light brand.
With all the controversy surrounding Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) - Get Free Report, the parent of Bud Light, you wouldn’t know it by looking at the stock price.

Through April 7 Anheuser-Busch shares had fallen in four straight sessions -- but by a grand total of 0.63%.

The stock ticked down on Monday as well, lower by 3% at last glance. But the slip came after a 10-day win streak, which vaulted Anheuser-Busch stock to 52-week highs.

The brewer on March 2 reported solid earnings, rallied initially, then struggled for upside traction. But more impressive has been the recent rally, which came amid controversy about the company’s latest LGBTQ initiatives.
All this said, Anheuser-Busch stock continues to outperform the shares of its peers, like Molson Coors (TAP) - Get Free Report and Boston Beer (SAM)

Anheuser-Busch Stock Charges to New Highs. Here's the Trade.​

Anheuser-Busch stock recently hit new 52-week highs despite controversy surrounding its Bud Light brand.
With all the controversy surrounding Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) - Get Free Report, the parent of Bud Light, you wouldn’t know it by looking at the stock price.

Through April 7 Anheuser-Busch shares had fallen in four straight sessions -- but by a grand total of 0.63%.

The stock ticked down on Monday as well, lower by 3% at last glance. But the slip came after a 10-day win streak, which vaulted Anheuser-Busch stock to 52-week highs.

The brewer on March 2 reported solid earnings, rallied initially, then struggled for upside traction. But more impressive has been the recent rally, which came amid controversy about the company’s latest LGBTQ initiatives.
All this said, Anheuser-Busch stock continues to outperform the shares of its peers, like Molson Coors (TAP) - Get Free Report and Boston Beer (SAM)
Uh
Wanna bet?

• Haha
Reactions: bojihawk44
fsqrruterlq81.jpg

A quick look on Robinhood shows this. The 52 week high was from 1-2 weeks ago.

Past week:

Past Month:

This whole thing is stupid. Anyone making a big deal out of this and refusing to drink a beer they like over this is stupid. Maybe if they had made a central campaign of it, but it's a pretty minor event.

That said...WTF is Bud Light thinking? An awful lot of people that drink Bud Light have one stupid friend. And now, they think twice about stocking up on Bud Light at your party or ordering at the bar just so it isn't a thing.

Only the Very Online or people in extremely heterogeneous communities live their lives where every interaction is an opportunity to lay down the lines of of their chosen virtue, and if you have an obnoxious anti-trans friend, or one who voted for Obama, you need to disown them and publicly shame them. "If my brother in law isn't comfortable with Bud Light featuring a trans person then they aren't welcome at my party, and if that means I don't see my sister anymore, so be it!" just isn't the way most people live their lives. Most people specifically DON'T want to live that way. It's a posture of people that are one way or another privileged.

It's not just progressives that are so inclined or so privileged...we were in a small town in GA a couple years ago, and the only restaurant/sports bar in town had cancelled their NFL package because of the NFL being so woke :rolleyes:

Most people don't want this drama pressed into their lives, dictated by the single most annoying person they interact with. There won't be a massive "principled" anti-Budweiser movement that actually matters, but I do think there may be residual effects of people not wanting everything thing in their lives turned into a culture war.
Two thirds of people think corporations should stay out of political stances. That's a stronger majority than any particular political philosophy, and includes half of Democrats. It's not because they disagree with the stances, it's because people resent their beer or their chicken sandwich being a political statement and invitation to debate.

Obviously, there are some upstart brands where it can pay dividends, but why on earth a brand like Bud Light feels it benefits by wading into this area is insane. It seems like its a lot more driven by the self interest of someone who wants "Got a trans on the bud light can" on their resume than anything that benefits either the brand or meaningful social justice.

This whole thing is stupid. Anyone making a big deal out of this and refusing to drink a beer they like over this is stupid. Maybe if they had made a central campaign of it, but it's a pretty minor event.

That said...WTF is Bud Light thinking? An awful lot of people that drink Bud Light have one stupid friend. And now, they think twice about stocking up on Bud Light at your party or ordering at the bar just so it isn't a thing.

Only the Very Online or people in extremely heterogeneous communities live their lives where every interaction is an opportunity to lay down the lines of of their chosen virtue, and if you have an obnoxious anti-trans friend, or one who voted for Obama, you need to disown them and publicly shame them. "If my brother in law isn't comfortable with Bud Light featuring a trans person then they aren't welcome at my party, and if that means I don't see my sister anymore, so be it!" just isn't the way most people live their lives. Most people specifically DON'T want to live that way. It's a posture of people that are one way or another privileged.

It's not just progressives that are so inclined or so privileged...we were in a small town in GA a couple years ago, and the only restaurant/sports bar in town had cancelled their NFL package because of the NFL being so woke :rolleyes:

Most people don't want this drama pressed into their lives, dictated by the single most annoying person they interact with. There won't be a massive "principled" anti-Budweiser movement that actually matters, but I do think there may be residual effects of people not wanting everything thing in their lives turned into a culture war.
Two thirds of people think corporations should stay out of political stances. That's a stronger majority than any particular political philosophy, and includes half of Democrats. It's not because they disagree with the stances, it's because people resent their beer or their chicken sandwich being a political statement and invitation to debate.

Obviously, there are some upstart brands where it can pay dividends, but why on earth a brand like Bud Light feels it benefits by wading into this area is insane. It seems like its a lot more driven by the self interest of someone who wants "Got a trans on the bud light can" on their resume than anything that benefits either the brand or meaningful social justice.
LOL! Lou you can't say the whole thing is stupid and then go on a rant like that bro. I agree with the first two sentences. But the rest of rant, not so much. Bud Light and all companies have and will continue to market other demographics than just small towns in Georgia. And if you were an expert in advertising and marketing and saw the data on how bulk of Gen Z and Millennials view the world, you would know why they are not going to be hiding support of the LBGTQ community to avoid upsetting Aunt Ethel in Blue Ridge, GA.

"Sales of Bud Light are way down after a controversial ad campaign and could send shockwaves up and down the beer company’s supply line.

A recent report from Beer Business Daily showed the brand owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev experienced significant drops in sales volume in some markets over the Easter weekend, implying a negative customer response to Bud Light’s new marketing campaign featuring transgender activist and social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bud-light-backlash-could-hit-154101199.html

Hard to say there have been no negative effects. Something is happening. Who knows how much this will effect InBev long term.

LOL! Lou you can't say the whole thing is stupid and then go on a rant like that bro. I agree with the first two sentences. But the rest of rant, not so much. Bud Light and all companies have and will continue to market other demographics than just small towns in Georgia. And if you were an expert in advertising and marketing and saw the data on how bulk of Gen Z and Millennials view the world, you would know why they are not going to be hiding support of the LBGTQ community to avoid upsetting Aunt Ethel in Blue Ridge, GA.

All I know is that now someone who buys Bud Light now is most likely not going to buy is when Aunt Ethel is coming over. Do they want to avoid upsetting Aunt Ethel? No, they just don't want to have this conversation with her AT ALL. And maybe they like Uncle Pete.

Now...if you can make a compelling case that Gen Z and Millennials are going to take up Bud Light in more than commensurate levels BECAUSE of a trans on a can...then I'm very wrong. I find this very dubious in the light of this brand. It just seems like it gives them nothing, and potentially just softens their remaining fanbase.

I couldn’t care less about A-B’s marketing campaigns and it won’t influence whether or not I drink their beer. But Torbee’s link is incorrect and it’s incredibly simple to verify.

The stock price hit its 52-week high of $67.09 on March 31, one day before Dylan Mulvaney’s Instagram post revealing the custom cans. The stock price, as of a few minutes ago, is down to $63.37.

It’s wildly inaccurate to attribute the stock’s 52-week high to backlash against a video that hadn’t even been posted yet. Once again the libs of HORT blindly believe what they see on Twitter.

Do young people drink much domestic beer? Most of the young guys I work with are into the micro brews.

The idea that what Bud Light did with their advertising is political just seems so funny to me. It's capitalism masked as decency. Would we bat an eye if Bud Light used a black person in some minor advertisement campaign? No, today that just seems normal.

But if a beer company used a black person in their advertisements 60 years ago, there'd be certain people wining about a beer company getting into politics.

Nole Lou from the 60's:

That said...WTF is Falstaff thinking? An awful lot of people that drink Falstaff have one stupid friend. And now, they think twice about stocking up on Falstaff at your party or ordering at the bar just so it isn't a thing.

Only the Hippies or people in extremely heterogeneous communities live their lives where every interaction is an opportunity to lay down the lines of of their chosen virtue, and if you have an obnoxious anti-Black friend, or one who supported MLK, you need to disown them and publicly shame them. "If my brother in law isn't comfortable with Falstaff featuring a black person then they aren't welcome at my party, and if that means I don't see my sister anymore, so be it!" just isn't the way most people live their lives. Most people specifically DON'T want to live that way. It's a posture of people that are one way or another privileged.

It's not just progressives that are so inclined or so privileged...we were in a small town in GA a couple years ago, and the only restaurant/sports bar in town had cancelled their NFL package because of the NFL being so accepting of blacks :rolleyes:

Most people don't want this drama pressed into their lives, dictated by the single most annoying person they interact with. There won't be a massive "principled" anti-Falstaff movement that actually matters, but I do think there may be residual effects of people not wanting everything thing in their lives turned into a culture war.

Obviously, there are some upstart brands where it can pay dividends, but why on earth a brand like Falstaff feels it benefits by wading into this area is insane. It seems like its a lot more driven by the self interest of someone who wants "Got a black on the Falstaff can" on their resume than anything that benefits either the brand or meaningful social justice.

"Sales of Bud Light are way down after a controversial ad campaign and could send shockwaves up and down the beer company’s supply line.

A recent report from Beer Business Daily showed the brand owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev experienced significant drops in sales volume in some markets over the Easter weekend, implying a negative customer response to Bud Light’s new marketing campaign featuring transgender activist and social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bud-light-backlash-could-hit-154101199.html

Hard to say there have been no negative effects. Something is happening. Who knows how much this will effect InBev long term.
In related news, Natty Light sales have skyrocketed during the same timeframe.

I couldn’t care less about A-B’s marketing campaigns and it won’t influence whether or not I drink their beer. But Torbee’s link is incorrect and it’s incredibly simple to verify.

The stock price hit its 52-week high of $67.09 on March 31, one day before Dylan Mulvaney’s Instagram post revealing the custom cans. The stock price, as of a few minutes ago, is down to $63.37.

It’s wildly inaccurate to attribute the stock’s 52-week high to backlash against a video that hadn’t even been posted yet. Once again the libs of HORT blindly believe what they see on Twitter.
It will be interesting to see how it performs going forward. If the info in the Tweet was bad, I apologize. All I did was post it as I thought it was funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT