ADVERTISEMENT

Now the gays are boycotting Bud Light

TJ8869

HR King
Dec 7, 2006
After several weeks of Anheuser-Busch InBev executives trying to mollify the right-wing numpties who boycotted Bud Light over the Dylan Mulvaney endorsement, the LGBTQIA+ community has decided that it too has had it up to here with the mediocre beer giant.

Numerous gay bars in Chicago have removed all Anheuser-Busch products, including Goose Island 312. Their reasoning is that Anheuser-Busch has abandoned Mulvaney and caved in to hatred.

This entire saga has been a masterclass in how to piss off absolutely all of your potential customers.

Link

I just noticed the name of the person who wrote that column.

avatars-000144382685-bssfzn-t240x240.jpg

After several weeks of Anheuser-Busch InBev executives trying to mollify the right-wing numpties who boycotted Bud Light over the Dylan Mulvaney endorsement, the LGBTQIA+ community has decided that it too has had it up to here with the mediocre beer giant.

Numerous gay bars in Chicago have removed all Anheuser-Busch products, including Goose Island 312. Their reasoning is that Anheuser-Busch has abandoned Mulvaney and caved in to hatred.

This entire saga has been a masterclass in how to piss off absolutely all of your potential customers.

Link
Turns out to be a great marketing strategy huh? Like New Coke…

• Haha
Reactions: Bishop1971
Even in high school I knew that Bud Light tasted like bread, and I’ve never willingly spent money on it.

This whole thing has been so far beneath me, like an argument over what’s better - Nikki Minage or Cardi B; monster trucks or professional wrastlin’.

How could anyone be so low brow as to give a shit about this?
You have to think of the people that drink Busch light and bud light

This is what happens when a business injects themselves into something that is very polarizing. If I’m Bud Light, you come out and say you are in support of all people, regardless of their race, sexual identification, and preference. Be who you are, celebrate each and every person for who they are.

It’s not that hard. I can’t believe execs didn’t say wtf? No way in hell we are doing that with who we have drinking our products.

Anheuser-Busch's CEO Michel Doukeris briefly discussed the impact of Bud Light's promotion with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney last month, which was promptly met with backlash that led to a lag in Bud Light sales.

On the company's May earnings call, Doukeris said the beer brand's dip in sales in the three weeks following the onset of the backlash represented roughly 1% of the company's global sales volume during that time. He added "it is still too early to have a full view" of the impact of the promotion on Bud Light's beer sales.

The company beat Wall Street's expectations for its quarterly earnings, and the stock closed up over 3% on Thursday.

If I'm Bud Light I'm giving up now to focus on marketing Busch Light which has always been the superior brew. Let some Gen Alpha kid discover Bud Light in ten years and people will have forgotten all about why we stopped drinking Bud Light. Then they won't be able to remember why we were ever drinking Bud Light in the first place like what happened with Zima a few years back when it returned briefly. Then the public will have a brief moment of reckoning with how marketing affects everyone. Then we'll forget about that again too.

Anheuser-Busch's CEO Michel Doukeris briefly discussed the impact of Bud Light's promotion with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney last month, which was promptly met with backlash that led to a lag in Bud Light sales.

On the company's May earnings call, Doukeris said the beer brand's dip in sales in the three weeks following the onset of the backlash represented roughly 1% of the company's global sales volume during that time. He added "it is still too early to have a full view" of the impact of the promotion on Bud Light's beer sales.

The company beat Wall Street's expectations for its quarterly earnings, and the stock closed up over 3% on Thursday.
Yes, because things are going so well for AB they've issued multiple press releases, fired marketing people, and held emergency meetings with their distributers. All signs of everything is going well.

They may well be selling a crapload of other beer brands but that speaks more to our crappy anti-trust laws that a global conglomerate can gobble up that many breweries and brands. In Bev is literally too big to fail. The only question is how much money can they take in.

Their actions though are telling me this Bud Light boycott stings.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Even in high school I knew that Bud Light tasted like bread, and I’ve never willingly spent money on it.

This whole thing has been so far beneath me, like an argument over what’s better - Nikki Minage or Cardi B; monster trucks or professional wrastlin’.

How could anyone be so low brow as to give a shit about this?
Addressing your 2nd paragraph, the answers are Nicki Minaj & pro wrestling

If I'm Bud Light I'm giving up now to focus on marketing Busch Light which has always been the superior brew. Let some Gen Alpha kid discover Bud Light in ten years and people will have forgotten all about why we stopped drinking Bud Light. Then they won't be able to remember why we were ever drinking Bud Light in the first place like what happened with Zima a few years back when it returned briefly. Then the public will have a brief moment of reckoning with how marketing affects everyone. Then we'll forget about that again too.
When I was stationed in Missouri, we'd head into St Louis and often hit the brewery tour. At the tour's end, you receive your complimentary beer in the hospitality room. A few times, when they found out we were on Active Duty, they told us to stick around, and let us drink a few more after the rest of the tour group were ushered away.

One time, a brew master stopped by and chatted with us, we asked about the difference between Bud Light & Busch Light... he said, "all I can say is they wouldn't put the family name on the worse of the two beers. Marketing is the only reason for Bud Light's popularity."

Give Old Milwaukee red label a try. You will like it.
My grandfather was a huge Old Mill drinker. When he passed away, we discovered he had over 50 cases of Old Mill chilling in the root cellar of his house. (He'd cross the Mississippi River from Iowa and go into East Dubuque, IL and buy multiple cases at a time as they didn't have a can deposit.) I took quite a few cases of Old Mill of questionable vintage year away with me and enjoyed them.

Sometimes I use yeast to manufacture proteins and when I open the incubator, smells of pudweiser. Harry, this pud's for you.

How you people drink mass made American beer is beyond me.

My grandfather was a huge Old Mill drinker. When he passed away, we discovered he had over 50 cases of Old Mill chilling in the root cellar of his house. (He'd cross the Mississippi River from Iowa and go into East Dubuque, IL and buy multiple cases at a time as they didn't have a can deposit.) I took quite a few cases of Old Mill of questionable vintage year away with me and enjoyed them.
It was my grandfather’s beer of choice as well. I remember preparing for a party once and my grandmother getting pissed off right after he passed because someone voiced their displeasure with her picking up Old Milwaukee. She plainly told them, “It was good enough for Bob, it will damn sure be good enough for you.”

This is what happens when a business injects themselves into something that is very polarizing. If I’m Bud Light, you come out and say you are in support of all people, regardless of their race, sexual identification, and preference. Be who you are, celebrate each and every person for who they are.

It’s not that hard. I can’t believe execs didn’t say wtf? No way in hell we are doing that with who we have drinking our products.
I'm with you for the first half.

Certainly, as soon as the controversy hit, they should have declared that, then rushed out some funny Village People-type commercials of all sorts of oddball caricatures who meet up seemingly with nothing in common/wary of each other, then some one cracks open a cooler of Bud Light, and then they're all sitting around drinking, laughing together. Maybe singing a song like that old "I'd like to buy a world a Coke" commercial, and declare we're still one America or something. Make fun of the situation, which is, totally ridiculous.

It was my grandfather’s beer of choice as well. I remember preparing for a party once and my grandmother getting pissed off right after he passed because someone voiced their displeasure with her picking up Old Milwaukee. She plainly told them, “It was good enough for Bob, it will damn sure be good enough for you.”
That's awesome! My grandmother was a Old Mill Light drinker... the blue cans. So when I was younger and had to fetch beers for them, I'd always to be told to "Grab a Red and Blue one..."

Reactions: EasyHawk
Old Milwaukee is good beer. Like Old Mil Light too. But I like all the old grandpa beers, PBR, Schlitz, Hamm's, Schmidt, Grain Belt, etc.

Due to calorie reasons my main fridge beer is Miller Light. If you're buying mass market beer don't buy piss water from Missouri, buy beer from Milwaukee.
Hamm's has been my go to beer for years..

If only more people would think like this. The polarization is over the top.

Everything that is out in the open in today’s world, has been going on since the beginning of time. If we just let it be and let people be who they are, life would be better for everyone.

I’m not going to wear yellow because it’s not my color. Don’t try and make me wear yellow. Turquoise, pink and green are my favorite colors.

I was at Cedar Memorial this morning visiting my dad’s grave, and noticed someone left a full can of Miller on a nearby grave marker (I assume it was a son or grandson who did so). All I left for my dad was flowers, so my Man Card is officially revoked.

Old Milwaukee is good beer. Like Old Mil Light too. But I like all the old grandpa beers, PBR, Schlitz, Hamm's, Schmidt, Grain Belt, etc.

Due to calorie reasons my main fridge beer is Miller Light. If you're buying mass market beer don't buy piss water from Missouri, buy beer from Milwaukee.

You want cheap good American Beer do Grain Belt
Bud Light is piss water

IMO Grain Belt is the most underrated beer in America.

I have no comment good or bad about Bud Light. It is not my beer of choice. However, I've always found it fascinating how so many people find some pseudo-intellectual gratification in the fact that they find the taste of a certain liquid better than other liquids as if there is some objective standard for how a liquid should taste.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT