ADVERTISEMENT

Now the gays are boycotting Bud Light

I have no comment good or bad about Bud Light. It is not my beer of choice. However, I've always found it fascinating how so many people find some pseudo-intellectual gratification in the fact that they find the taste of a certain liquid better than other liquids as if there is some objective standard for how a liquid should taste.
Beer taste is only pseudo-intellectual when it gets to IPAs.

I have no comment good or bad about Bud Light. It is not my beer of choice. However, I've always found it fascinating how so many people find some pseudo-intellectual gratification in the fact that they find the taste of a certain liquid better than other liquids as if there is some objective standard for how a liquid should taste.
Back when I drank beer I had one question, what’s cheaper? I’d drink any beer and especially the cheaper beer. Hell we had a roommate that always drank everyone else’s beer but he would not drink old mud, so the fridge was full of old mud until he started pitching in.

However, I've always found it fascinating how so many people find some pseudo-intellectual gratification in the fact that they find the taste of a certain liquid better than other liquids as if there is some objective standard for how a liquid should taste.
Exactly. There’s no difference between good and bad food.

Reactions: BC Hawk
Reactions: ConvenientParking
Bourbon is superior in every single way except for poundability.
Good beer is better than cheap whiskey. But good bourbon is hard to beat.

ICWest comes across as an Old Crow kind of guy, though.

When asked what his favorite beer was, my grandpa would reply, "Free, or whatever you've got."

(Bringing up my grandpa a lot in this thread!)

You also don't like IPAs. I think the cigs have ruined your taste buds.

I like the taste of bourbons and whiskeys, but they don't like me if I drink too much too fast.

I can pound clear liquors much harder before it becomes a problem.

And brown liquors produce a much worse hangover.

People who like IPAs are psychopaths. It's science.

IPA's are essentially brewers saying "we can't make good beer, so let's see how shitty we can make it and still get people to drink it."

This is what happens when a business injects themselves into something that is very polarizing. If I’m Bud Light, you come out and say you are in support of all people, regardless of their race, sexual identification, and preference. Be who you are, celebrate each and every person for who they are.

It’s not that hard. I can’t believe execs didn’t say wtf? No way in hell we are doing that with who we have drinking our products.
Already said this same thing in another thread. Know your clients. Huge swing and miss.

I might have six beers in a year and it’s always that delicious beer flavored water known as Michelob Ultra. Cause calories.
🍺

Reactions: hawkeye54545
IPA's are essentially brewers saying "we can't make good beer, so let's see how shitty we can make it and still get people to drink it."
There’s a lot of truth to this. “Ok, our malt and water is really poor quality but if we put a shit ton of hops in there nobody will know the difference”.

The company beat Wall Street's expectations for its quarterly earnings
Q1 ended the day before Dylan Mulvaney’s video, so the video didn’t factor too much into the quarterly earning report.
and the stock closed up over 3% on Thursday.
Ooh, bold font. You’re pretty stoked about that one-day bump that didn’t even offset the losses sustained the other days this week.

BUD closed this week at $64.83, 14 cents lower than its closing price of $64.97 at the end of last week.

Is that what you and DFS were being so coy about on Thursday? Kind of a weak flex, but okay…

Flash forward to 2025, TJ and Riley will still be tracking BUD prices with all the movement attributable to a single trans can and the reaction to it.

You want cheap good American Beer do Grain Belt
Bud Light is piss water
Grain Belt is also brewed local by Schell's Brewery in New Ulm, MN. Support your local brewer.

Speaking of Schell's, they put out a good line of beers. Deer Brand is a solid everyday drinker.

Reactions: the24fan
Q1 ended the day before Dylan Mulvaney’s video, so the video didn’t factor too much into the quarterly earning report.

Ooh, bold font. You’re pretty stoked about that one-day bump that didn’t even offset the losses sustained the other days this week.

BUD closed this week at $64.83, 14 cents lower than its closing price of $64.97 at the end of last week.

Is that what you and DFS were being so coy about on Thursday? Kind of a weak flex, but okay…
The earnings report was Thursday. If the market was concerned about BUD going forward the stock doesn't jump 3%, it drops. The point that you are unable to grasp is that the market doesn't appear to be very concerned about the "boycott" going on. Not sure why you would think it is a "flex" - it's a simple observation. Well, simple for most.

You are among a select few who demonstrate your ignorance on a subject and then hammer it home over and over and over again. TJ being TJ. LOL

That’s entirely up to Riley. As soon as he stops making pointless references to the stock price, I’ll stop bitchslapping him.
You claiming to "bitchslap" anyone is hilarious. We know it's because you're so insecure you have to project your failings onto others.

BTW - you started the topic.

• Haha
Reactions: DolphLundgren
Flash forward to 2025, TJ and Riley will still be tracking BUD prices with all the movement attributable to a single trans can and the reaction to it.
Not a chance. I pull TJ's strings for a while but then it gets boring so I let him have the last words (and there are generally a LOT of them) to soothe his psyche.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
I know. I know. I have heard all the insults but I do not care

ci-bud-light-next-e7d1cf8936c1a9bf.jpeg

BTW - you started the topic.
Yet another blatant lie from Riley.

I started the topic that gay bars are now boycotting A-B products, which is an interesting new development in the saga that to my knowledge had not been discussed here yet.

You inexplicably dragged stock price references into the thread when absolutely no one else in this thread had mentioned the stock price.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Generally beers you snobs like I hate. I memtioned how bad Fat Tire beer was one time and I thought it was a fight bar challenge for some of you.

Last edited:
Yet another blatant lie from Riley.

I started the topic that gay bars are now boycotting A-B products, which is an interesting new development in the saga that to my knowledge had not been discussed here yet.

You inexplicably dragged stock price references into the thread when absolutely no one else in this thread had mentioned the stock price.
Inexplicably? When you've been skewing nonsense about the stock price for the past few weeks?

Are you suggesting it's inappropriate to bring in other pertinent information to your threads? That we must stay on your myopic line of thinking?

Your insecurity is showing yet again.

Lol - you're a gem TJ.

• Haha
Inexplicably? When you've been skewing nonsense about the stock price for the past few weeks?

Are you suggesting it's inappropriate to bring in other pertinent information to your threads? That we must stay on your myopic line of thinking?

Your insecurity is showing yet again.

Lol - you're a gem TJ.
If you want to bring up stock prices in a thread where no one else is talking about stock prices then that's your prerogative. Just don't lie and claim that I brought it up when it's plainly evident to everyone that you did.

If you want to bring up stock prices in a thread where no one else is talking about stock prices then that's your prerogative. Just don't lie and claim that I brought it up when it's plainly evident to everyone that you did.
The subject, in this case, is the boycott on Bud Light - are you claiming you didn't bring that up?You've gone on and on and on about the effect of boycotting Bud Light on the stock price so I gave some info based on that. Now you are whining. Classic TJ.

As I mentioned before, it's fun to pull your strings and make you dance - for a while. You are the weakest link - goodbye.

• Haha
Yes, because things are going so well for AB they've issued multiple press releases, fired marketing people, and held emergency meetings with their distributers. All signs of everything is going well.

They may well be selling a crapload of other beer brands but that speaks more to our crappy anti-trust laws that a global conglomerate can gobble up that many breweries and brands. In Bev is literally too big to fail. The only question is how much money can they take in.

Their actions though are telling me this Bud Light boycott stings.

Bud light printed a single can of beer with a social influencer’s face on it and sent it to her as a nice gesture.

That they did not anticipate the degree of irrational hatred in our increasingly disgusting country is not on them. They did not realize how many awful human beings were among their market’s demographic. Sucks for them, but it is not something I think they should have seen coming.

Last edited:
Back when I drank beer I had one question, what’s cheaper? I’d drink any beer and especially the cheaper beer. Hell we had a roommate that always drank everyone else’s beer but he would not drink old mud, so the fridge was full of old mud until he started pitching in.
Same deal with me. I had Hamms light. Noone took a beer from me ever!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT