ADVERTISEMENT

Going on a limb here ISU

He's the number 3 WR on a team that the QB is threatening to leave because he doesn't have good enough skill players around him.

Butler hasn't played a meaningful snap in the NFL.

Pretty ridiculous to mock ISM when that's your best two WR in recent history.

ISU has fewer draft picks under Matt Campbell's entire career there than Iowa had this year alone.

ISU fans may want to sit out debating Iowa fans on NFL talent. It's not close.
LOL!! That is not why Rodgers is threatening to leave. They love Lazard’s play in GB. He is improving every year and is rated as the best blocking WR in the game.

You guys are so silly. Making a huge production about the worst NFL franchise, Lions, wanting Campbell and then the Detroit Free Press reports that Pat Fitzgerald was higher on their list.
Not just the Lions but I bet you actually knew that

I've never seen a fanbase more detached from reality than ISU. They try to talk trash to a team about winning 9 games that's done that 3 times in the past 6 years and would have been 4/6 with a full season in 2020.

Minnesota went 11-2 a season ago and actually beat a good bowl opponent, not a team that lost to Cal and Oregon State and got in because Washington quit. Their fans had far better grasp of reality.

ISU talking trash to Iowa would be akin to Iowa trash talking Wisconsin.

I've never seen a fanbase more detached from reality than ISU. They try to talk trash to a team about winning 9 games that's done that 3 times in the past 6 years and would have been 4/6 with a full season in 2020.

Minnesota went 11-2 a season ago and actually beat a good bowl opponent, not a team that lost to Cal and Oregon State and got in because Washington quit. Their fans had far better grasp of reality.

ISU talking trash to Iowa would be akin to Iowa trash talking Wisconsin.
Look at your 9 win seasons and strength of schedule and get back to me. The hawks avoid the top B10 team yearly, and rarely play a strong schedule. Hawks still avoid OSU this year but do start the year tough, so let’s see how that works out. From last year, the hawks have 3 ranked teams on the schedule and clones have 4.

• Love
Reactions: Hawkeye1999
Look at your 9 win seasons and strength of schedule and get back to me. The hawks avoid the top B10 team yearly, and rarely play a strong schedule. Hawks still avoid OSU this year but do start the year tough, so let’s see how that works out. From last year, the hawks have 3 ranked teams on the schedule and clones have 4.

Lol, sure Iowa plays a weak schedule. Look at their last full season.

Penn State: 11-2 (#9)
Minnesota: 11-2 (#10)
Wisconsin: 10-4 (#11)
Michigan: 9-4 (#18)
USC: 8-5 (was #22 in the bowl)

Yeah that's a cake walk. The Fighting Matt Campbell's weren't even a top 5 opponent Iowa faced in the last full season.

We also play in a conference that puts out twice as much NFL talent as the Big 12, which is the lowest in that regard among P5 conferences.

Yeah that's a cake walk. The Fighting Matt Campbell's weren't even a top 5 opponent Iowa faced in the last full season.

We also play in a conference that puts out twice as much NFL talent as the Big 12, which is the lowest in that regard among P5 conferences.
In 2019, the hawks played 5 games out of 13 against CFP top 25 teams and went 2-3. The hawks played 38% of their games against top 25

In 2020, the clones played 6 games out of 12 against CFP top 25 teams and went 3-3. The clones played 50% of their games against top 25

In 2019, the hawks played 5 games out of 13 against CFP top 25 teams and went 2-3. The hawks played 38% of their games against top 25

In 2020, the clones played 6 games out of 12 against CFP top 25 teams and went 3-3. The clones played 50% of their games against top 25

ULL and Oregon were top 25 in name only.

Oregon was given a courtesy 25th ranking with a 4-2 record despite both losses coming against really bad teams and their only quality win being against USC. Had Washington not quit, they wouldn't rank them.

Go look at ULL's schedule. Half their games were close calls against mediocre mid majors.

Oklahoma missed two of their best players in the first game you played them. They got whipped by lowly KSU the week before without Perkins and Stephenson.

Last edited:
ULL and Oregon were top 25 in name only.

Oregon was given a courtesy 25th ranking with a 4-2 record despite both losses coming again really bad teams and their only quality win being against USC. Had Washington not quit, they wouldn't rank them.

Go look at ULL's schedule. Half their games were close calls against mediocre mid majors.

Oklahoma missed two of their best players in the first game you played them. They got whipped by lowly KSU the week before without Perkins and Stephenson.
Sure thing

Before either ISU or Iowa fans get over zealous about the impending season they need to consider this fact, at least 8 ranked teams in the initial preseason AP Poll will not be in the final AP poll . I've tracked this multiple years and sometimes 9 teams are out of the top 25 at the end. Since the 2021 preseason poll isn't out until August it is not possible to pick out 8 candidates to drop out. Don't be surprised if neither team is in the top 25 at the end of the bowl season.

Before either ISU or Iowa fans get over zealous about the impending season they need to consider this fact, at least 8 ranked teams in the initial preseason AP Poll will not be in the final AP poll . I've tracked this multiple years and sometimes 9 teams are out of the top 25 at the end. Since the 2021 preseason poll isn't out until August it is not possible to pick out 8 candidates to drop out. Don't be surprised if neither team is in the top 25 at the end of the bowl season.
AP poll is irrelevant since the advent of the CFP, imo

AP poll is irrelevant since the advent of the CFP, imo
No $h!t sherlock. The point of his post is in pre season polls 8-9 teams in top 25 aren't there at the end so before people start tooting their horns about preseason ranking sometimes things spiral downwards for what ever reason. Iowa fans can relate to this with our disappointing 2010 season when we were ranked top 10 coming off a big season prior returning lot of talent. Does this sound familiar? CFP poll doesn't come out till mid-late October when teams have played over half their games.

No $h!t sherlock. The point of his post is in pre season polls 8-9 teams in top 25 aren't there at the end so before people start tooting their horns about preseason ranking sometimes things spiral downwards for what ever reason. Iowa fans can relate to this with our disappointing 2010 season when we were ranked top 10 coming off a big season prior returning lot of talent. Does this sound familiar? CFP poll doesn't come out till mid-late October when teams have played over half their games.
And my point is his/her statement is meaningless as the CFP is the only relevant poll. It isn’t hard to grasp for you is it?

And my point is his/her statement is meaningless as the CFP is the only relevant poll. It isn’t hard to grasp for you is it?

Serious. He was talking about pre season polls before a game is played. Such as both fan bases being hyped about being top 15 and about 1/3 of them flame out. He's not saying AP is just as relevant or more important. But it is the best most accurate PRE SEASON ranking poll for teams and the point was about teams ranked PRE SEASON. How tough is that to understand. How dense can you be? Better yet maybe you shouldn't answer that....

Serious. He was talking about pre season polls before a game is played. Such as both fan bases being hyped about being top 15 and about 1/3 of them flame out. He's not saying AP is just as relevant or more important. But it is the best most accurate PRE SEASON ranking poll for teams and the point was about teams ranked PRE SEASON. How tough is that to understand. How dense can you be? Better yet maybe you shouldn't answer that....
I get it and the stat is meaningless. My statement stands.

& the mike drops

in 2019 THE Clones dragged down our strength of schedule. Thanks for verifying.

Here's hoping Iowa just comes out and punches them in the mouth from the get go and just keeps the hammer down.

Looks like ISU may be the highest rated team Iowa plays this year.

Pre season ranking... sure.

I may be wrong, but let's revisit this in December.

in 2019 THE Clones dragged down our strength of schedule. Thanks for verifying.
That's the thing about SOS. If your team loses to teams on the schedule... it artificially inflates other team's records.

It's difficult to keep up with Clone fan's logic. Depending on the publication, every media prediction either underestimates the Clones or realizes how great they'll be. 2021 is "shit or get off the pot" for ISU. They lose a lot this year and are a team with unproven backups with all the Covid returnees back for 2021. If Campball really has upgraded recruiting... next season will either blow that out of the water or verify it.

I look forward to competitive games with ISU going forward. Since Campball has arrived, the victor hasn't been in doubt.. only the final score.

Pre season ranking... sure.

I may be wrong, but let's revisit this in December.
For sure. I think it's possible both teams may be really good. I think ISU deserves some cred after last season and has about everyone back.

For sure. I think it's possible both teams may be really good. I think ISU deserves some cred after last season and has about everyone back.

Should be a quality win for either team this year. Should be first time ever both teams are ranked. Almost happened 2 years ago but ISU slipped out of top 25 after the nail biter win vs UNI.

Reactions: CyberJJ
Campbell doesn't talk about winning. He talks about playing your best and getting better every day. The winning should take care of itself.
He talks about THE PROCESS. Haven't you been following along? He likes to fold the bill of his ball cap way too much and then look down during press conferences.

Deserves some credit? Give me a break, Fluke State in a normal year would not have sniffed the Fiesta Bowl. They beat a 3/4 win Oregon team that was only there because Washington had a COVID outbreak. They dodge Iowa, get beat by a Sunbelt team. Their entire conference sucked, week 1: KSt loses to Ark St, Texas Tech wins by 2 over Houston Baptist, KU stomped by a Sunbelt team and Fluke St curb stomped by Louisiana. In a normal year, they would have won maybe 6 games.

The preseason rankings are based solely on the number of games played last year.

The only time they went to a Final Four was during WWII when all the men were away, the only time they go to a decent bowl was during a pandemic=Fluke State Cyclowns.

Last edited:
Deserves some credit? Give me a break, Fluke State in a normal year would not have sniffed the Fiesta Bowl. They beat a 3/4 win Oregon team that was only there because Washington had a COVID outbreak. They dodge Iowa, get beat by a Sunbelt team. Their entire conference sucked, week 1: KSt loses to Ark St, Texas Tech wins by 2 over Houston Baptist, KU stomped by a Sunbelt team and Fluke St curb stomped by Louisiana. In a normal year, they would have won maybe 6 games.

The preseason rankings are based solely on the number of games played last year.

The only time they went to a Final Four was during WWII when all the men were away, the only time they go to a decent bowl was during a pandemic=Fluke State Cyclowns.
I guess you could say the conference sucked, until someone reminds you that the B12 went undefeated in bowls. Then you realize that you were either drunk when you made the statement, or an idiot. Since we don’t know anything about your drinking habits, one can only surmise.

I guess you could say the conference sucked, until someone reminds you that the B12 went undefeated in bowls. Then you realize that you were either drunk when you made the statement, or an idiot. Since we don’t know anything about your drinking habits, one can only surmise.
Yes they didn't lose a game, didn't play anyone either. Because the Texas League/B12 didn't make the playoffs, everyone played down. WVA beats an unranked Army team, who was only there because another bowl was cancelled. Fluke St beats a 4 win Oregon team that backed into a bowl because of Washington's COVID, Texas beats an unranked Colorado team. Oklahoma had a good win over a 3 loss Florida, the only really decent win was OSU 3 pt win over a 2 loss Miami team. The Big 12 was and is a joke.

Yes they didn't lose a game, didn't play anyone either. Because the Texas League/B12 didn't make the playoffs, everyone played down. WVA beats an unranked Army team, who was only there because another bowl was cancelled. Fluke St beats a 4 win Oregon team that backed into a bowl because of Washington's COVID, Texas beats an unranked Colorado team. Oklahoma had a good win over a 3 loss Florida, the only really decent win was OSU 3 pt win over a 2 loss Miami team. The Big 12 was and is a joke.
So we figured out for sure that you aren’t a drinker! LOL!!

Campbell doesn't talk about winning. He talks about playing your best and getting better every day. The winning should take care of itself.
Isn’t that sweet. Sounds like a 7th grade gym teacher. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT