ADVERTISEMENT

Going on a limb here ISU

Will absolutely lay the biggest fattest turd in college football. Why? I have no idea but I was on the toilet thinking about how ugly their ketchup and mustard stains became uniforms. I hope they plug the toilet this coming year.
This is odd. If you were on the toilet and looked down, you would have seen the Hawkeye colors. Hmmmm.

I looked in the toilet and saw black, gold, yellow and red among other colors. Then quickly realized it must be from the large donut with sprinkles I ate for breakfast. I had sprinkles because sprinkles are for winners.

images

Funny, according to ESPN, Iowa right now is ranked behind 6 Big 12 team's, and only one spot ahead of WV. Only 3 teams in the Big 10 are above Iowa. Heck OU and ISU are both ahead of Ohio State right now. Seems to me the Big 10 looks a little wimpy.
WTF???

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ge-football-post-spring-top-25-power-rankings

1. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State
6. ISU🤣
11. Indiana
14. Iowa
18. Wisconsin
22. Texas
23. PSU

Speaking of wimpy....Big 12 with zero first round picks. The conference is awful and has little real talent outside of Oklahoma and Texas. The 8 other teams in the big 12 had a TOTAL of 12 picks combined.

2021 NFL Draft by conference​

• SEC -- 65
  • Big Ten -- 44
  • ACC -- 42
  • Pac-12 -- 28
  • Big 12 -- 22
  • AAC -- 19

Returning, if only briefly, to the serious side.....A lot of ISU fans are hoping (and some are expecting) a return to the league title game and 10 or 11 regular season wins. If the team falls short of that, it will be a disappointment to those people.

Reactions: retrohawki
Returning, if only briefly, to the serious side.....A lot of ISU fans are hoping (and some are expecting) a return to the league title game and 10 or 11 regular season wins. If the team falls short of that, it will be a disappointment to those people.
Yeah, and if ISU falls short of that, we will never let you hear the end of it.

Funny, according to ESPN, Iowa right now is ranked behind 6 Big 12 team's, and only one spot ahead of WV. Only 3 teams in the Big 10 are above Iowa. Heck OU and ISU are both ahead of Ohio State right now. Seems to me the Big 10 looks a little wimpy.
Yes, those are certainly goofy rankings if ISWho is above OSU.

Reactions: onionman1
Funny how Clone fans' opinion of ESPN changes depending on what they say?

ISU bitches when they feel slighted and ESPN is the benchmark when they say positive stuff. ISU was fortunate that the PAC 12 and B1G played limited schedules in 2020.

We both know ISU ends up lower than they did if everyone plays a 12 game schedule last season. For chrissake, the Clones beat a middle of the pack Oregon team in a bowl game and you'd think they were in the CFP reading fans' comments.

Preseason rankings aren't worth the time it takes to read them. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
I looked in the toilet and saw black, gold, yellow and red among other colors. Then quickly realized it must be from the large donut with sprinkles I ate for breakfast. I had sprinkles because sprinkles are for winners.

images
true story, i had a very drunk and memorable (well according to the video) night in New Orleans in my youth, and next day while sitting on the toilet thinking and hoping I might be dying, i looked down and saw what appeared to be large blood clots. I was like damn I may have really over-did it this time, then i remembered.... lots of cherry jello shooters and smiled because i was going to live.

Since the games haven't been played yet, I don't know why you think these rankings matter much. How about you repost this sometime in December to show us how accurate it was.

If ISU beats Iowa, the Clones will finish 6-6 and sneak into the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl or whatever it is these days.

It's what they do - they get beat by Iowa, and then they go on an in-conference tear. If they beat Iowa, then they've blown their wad and have nothing else to show for it.

Iowa is probably good for about 8 wins regardless of the CyHawk outcome.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Iowa State has a tough schedule. As is usually the case, games will be close with the difference likely decided by a few key plays. It's hard to believe those plays will all go Iowa State's way. Unless Iowa State turns out to be far better than these teams, you would expect to split the close games. And of course key injuries can make it even harder to navigate a tough schedule. I'm not going to try and guess a number of wins.

I don't recall more pressure being on an ISU coach to beat Iowa than there is for Campbell in 2021.

5 straight losses, top 10, at home. This would be the most crushing loss for ISU in this series.

That said, it has been many years since ISU has won the battle of the LOS vs Iowa....2012?

Last edited:
I don't recall more pressure being on an ISU coach to beat Iowa than there is for Campbell in 2021.

5 straight losses, top 10, at home. This would be the most crushing loss for ISU in this series.

That said, it has been many years since ISU has won the battle of the LOS vs Iowa....2012?
You are probably right. But with the expectations many have for this team, you could say that about nearly every game on Iowa State's schedule, with the possible exception of Oklahoma. I've always thought a team outside the bluebloods, like Iowa State, would have to go undefeated to make the playoffs. The Oklahoma game is the likely exception only because ISU would have a chance redeem themselves in the conference championship if they pulled off what many are speculating. But reverse those two games, win the first and lose the second, and it's highly likely ISU is left out. We've seen that before with TCU and Baylor.

But I'm not getting ahead of myself. I am highly skeptical that Iowa State can navigate the season without losing to someone other than Oklahoma. Even if Iowa State is as good as they say they are, that's just a tough thing to do, expecially with so many difficult teams on the schedule. It would take a much easier schedule for that and it sure doesn't look like there are many automatic wins on the schedule.

Last edited:
Iowa State has a tough schedule. As is usually the case, games will be close with the difference likely decided by a few key plays. It's hard to believe those plays will all go Iowa State's way. Unless Iowa State turns out to be far better than these teams, you would expect to split the close games. And of course key injuries can make it even harder to navigate a tough schedule. I'm not going to try and guess a number of wins.
Is isu’s schedule really that tough with juggernauts like UNI, Kansas, UNLV, KSU, and Baylor? Texas also has certainly not been anything to shout about recently. Other than Oklahoma, Iowa, and perhaps okie State...the clones have a “meh” schedule.

What in the HELL is going on? A reasonable ISU fan??

Reactions: IAGuy

I can't recall the last time (preseason on paper) Iowa State has been more stout on both the offensive and defensive lines than Iowa. As an Iowa State fan, that more than anything else, gives me confidence they should be able to win this game. They should have the ability to beat Iowa at their own game by controlling the line of scrimmage.

Guard - Downing, Center - Newell, Guard - Schweiger is a high-level interior offensive line for Iowa State. Iowa is a bit untested and unproven on the interior of their defensive line. Breece Hall crashing into that line of scrimmage 30+ times and breaking a few in the second half would worry me as an Iowa fan. Ferentz has a knack for keeping games close however it'll come down to the 4th quarter.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
If ISU beats Iowa, the Clones will finish 6-6 and sneak into the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl or whatever it is these days.

It's what they do - they get beat by Iowa, and then they go on an in-conference tear. If they beat Iowa, then they've blown their wad and have nothing else to show for it.

Iowa is probably good for about 8 wins regardless of the CyHawk outcome.
Given that you don't play Ohio State once (the norm), you might be right.

We played the perennial top team in our conference last year twice, and may very well this year.

So, basically, 8 wins on your wimpy schedule could be correct. Hell, we're the toughest team you'll play...damn lucky you got us.

As has been said on this board before, ISU and Iowa have both lost to each other, and moved forward with very successful seasons.

You may think you're out Super Bowl. So far from the truth.

Given that Iowa rarely plays the best team in the Big 10, you have no position to talk,
But when they do, they beat the snot out of them. Maybe it's good for OSU they don't play the Hawks more frequently. Good luck to the Cyclones this season (except for when they play Iowa).

Reactions: EndzoneHawk
We were better than you last year. What does that make you if we're "nothing"?

ISU 9-3 (.750), one of those Ls to a non-P5 team at home by 17 and needing OT, once again at home, to escape an FBS team by a field goal.

Iowa 6-2 (.750) losing only to two P5 teams by a total of 7 points (less than half of the Lousiana-ISU margin)

ISU better.

Now there's some classic clone "logic".

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT