ADVERTISEMENT

Going on a limb here ISU

I was talking the entire athletic department ticket revenue, which is what my post said. Nobody cares how many $250 season tickets Pollard can sell for football.

The most recent data that I have seen shows revenue from ticket sales in FY 2019:

Iowa: $27,178,942
ISU: $16,474,938

And for AD contributions:

Iowa: $38,626,655
ISU: $18,206,649

Credit to @Franisdaman for posting these financial numbers last week.
And what are the estimated losses due to C-19? And how many athletic programs are being shuttered?

And what are the estimated losses due to C-19? And how many athletic programs are being shuttered?

Not sure when those numbers will come out. Iowa is borrowing $50M from the University general fund. How is ISU making up the budget shortfall?

It is $17.5M shortfall and will be funded by unrestricted athletics & University $$$. University $$$ will be repaid by athletics

So same setup as Iowa just a smaller amount. Makes sense to borrow from the University, IMO. Why pay a financial institution interest when you can pay the interest to the University?

Reactions: rchawk
It is $17.5M shortfall and will be funded by unrestricted athletics & University $$$. University $$$ will be repaid by athletics
I am calling BS on the $17.5M shortfall. Pollard paid $10m just to get rid of Prohm and pay UNLV to take their coach off their hands. Find it difficult to believe all other revenue and expenses were covered without a larger deficit than $17.5m.

I am calling BS on the $17.5M shortfall. Pollard paid $10m just to get rid of Prohm and pay UNLV to take their coach off their hands. Find it difficult to believe all other revenue and expenses were covered without a larger deficit than $17.5m.
Pollard didn’t pay $10M to Prohm(technically he did). A booster paid the buyouts for both Prohm & TJO

I was talking the entire athletic department ticket revenue, which is what my post said. Nobody cares how many $250 season tickets Pollard can sell for football.

The most recent data that I have seen shows revenue from ticket sales in FY 2019:

I bet someone could sell 80,000 tickets for a buck each.

Reactions: TrianglePlace
$$$ came from project $$ at ISU and booster donated to said project. It was all neat and clean.
So give us a link. While you are at it can you find a link that says the isu has won an outright football conference title?

You see clown fans have a long reputation here for being able to spout their delusions only to be unable to back them up with reality.

So give us a link. While you are at it can you find a link that says the isu has won an outright football conference title?

You see clown fans have a long reputation here for being able to spout their delusions only to be unable to back them up with reality.
I know who the booster is but I am going to keep that confidential. You can Google ISU shortfall and get the numbers and specifics but the booster info won’t be released.

I know who the booster is but I am going to keep that confidential. You can Google ISU shortfall and get the numbers and specifics but the booster info won’t be released.
So just like with the so called “isu outright football conference title” it only lives in your head and that of other delusional clown fans.

I would love to hear the sales pitch. Pollard “ Hey Denny say I know you are a busy man but I screwed the pooch on another of my hires and I need you to pony up $4.5M to fix it. I want to hire a coach that has never won a NCAA Tournament game but we need to pay UNLV in order to do it. We will call it a special fundraising “project”.

So just like with the so called “isu outright football conference title” it only lives in your head and that of other delusional clown fans.

I would love to hear the sales pitch. Pollard “ Hey Denny say I know you are a busy man but I screwed the pooch on another of my hires and I need you to pony up $4.5M to fix it. I want to hire a coach that has never won a NCAA Tournament game but we need to pay UNLV in order to do it. We will call it a special fundraising “project”.
At least Pollard has a vision and sales pitch. The pitch was a very easy one for certain reasons. There were other options as well. Where is Barta’s vision and sales pitch?

At least Pollard has a vision and sales pitch. The pitch was a very easy one for certain reasons. There were other options as well. Where is Barta’s vision and sales pitch?
Awesome vision, let’s pay $10m to hire a coach who has never won a NCAA Tournament game. Only dopey clown fans would fall for such an amazing “vision”.

Barta doesn’t have to call boosters begging for money to clean up his crappy hires.

What newspaper is crybaby Pollard pissed at today? I mean wasn’t it a year ago that Pollard declared isu to the “Bear”? Maybe not everyone got the memo. Here is and idea you can make it your lifes mission to help him out on this by ensuring sure all newspapers and media outlets across this great nation know exactly who the “Bear” is in Iowa. You and you alone can keep Pollard from looking like the whiny crybaby he is.

Last edited:

I'm surprised the ticket gap is that large. I don't think Iowa charges for non-revenue sports attendance, and ISU has been outdrawing Iowa for MBB and WBB in recent years. Just for the hell of it, what did Iowa list for football ticket sales in 2019? ISU was a bit over $11.6 million.

I'm surprised the ticket gap is that large. I don't think Iowa charges for non-revenue sports attendance, and ISU has been outdrawing Iowa for MBB and WBB in recent years. Just for the hell of it, what did Iowa list for football ticket sales in 2019? ISU was a bit over $11.6 million.

$22.3M

Awesome vision, let’s pay $10m to hire a coach who has never won a NCAA Tournament game. Only dopey clown fans would fall for such an amazing “vision”.

Barta doesn’t have to call boosters begging for money to clean up his crappy hires.

What newspaper is crybaby Pollard pissed at today? I mean wasn’t it a year ago that Pollard declared isu to the “Bear”? Maybe not everyone got the memo. Here is and idea you can make it your lifes mission to help him out on this by ensuring sure all newspapers and media outlets across this great nation know exactly who the “Bear” is in Iowa. You and you alone can keep Pollard from looking like the whiny crybaby he is.
Contrary to popular belief, Prohm wasn’t Pollard’s choice. Leath made that call. Pollard now has the guy he wanted when Prohm was hired.

• Haha
Reactions: TrianglePlace
Contrary to popular belief, Prohm wasn’t Pollard’s choice. Leath made that call. Pollard now has the guy he wanted when Prohm was hired.
Too funny, Pollard isn’t the “Bear” in the state nor can he hire the coaches he wants. Does he also have to sit at the kids table for Thanksgiving dinner?

Too funny, Pollard isn’t the “Bear” in the state nor can he hire the coaches he wants. Does he also have to sit at the kids table for Thanksgiving dinner?
You think Barta has carts Blanche in revenue generating program hires? I can assure you he does not. Iowa has had way too many lawsuits for him to get free reign.

You think Barta has carts Blanche in revenue generating program hires? I can assure you he does not. Iowa has had way too many lawsuits for him to get free reign.
Do you really want to talk about lawsuits? Or must we pick and choose what does and doesn’t count because clown fan says so?

I see isu just gave a revenue generating program’s coach who settled a racial discrimination suit another extension. Going to tell us how that doesn’t count?

Do you really want to talk about lawsuits? Or must we pick and choose what does and doesn’t count because clown fan says so?

I see isu just gave a revenue generating program’s coach who settled a racial discrimination suit another extension.
Has your football program settled with the multiple former players that filed suit, or has it become class action. Why would you take that path knowing the history?

Has your football program settled with the multiple former players that filed suit, or has it become class action. Why would you take that path knowing the history?
Hasn’t settled and won’t become a class action. Why settle when major portions of the suit were already dismissed?

The W's and the $. You gotta an Ex Iowa guy as the head of your damn conference!

Pollard had his target several months prior to Prohm’s departure

So he undermined Prohm. Ouch. If he was not "Jamie's guy" then why the hell did he give him an extension not long ago?????????????????? Jamie has made a lot of bad coaching hires. I mean Chizik?!??!??!?!??! WTF?!?!?

That is all fine and good but the football players still go to classes at isu, still hear from the AD and the isu fan base so to say the culture of the football team is any different than that of the fans and the AD is beyond naive.
I don't think you understand what 5 Star Culture actually means. It has nothing to do with the AD or fans.

Correct....it is player leadership and buy in through the whole roster and coaches.
and if you really believe the culture at isu can be kept away from any of isu’s sports programs you really are naive.

That wonderful isu culture on display daily on isu websites and in the words and actions of the isu crybaby AD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT