ADVERTISEMENT

Gold for the dude over the girl.

Can we get some of you libs to come out of your HBOT rats nest and explain here rationally how this is a good idea?

It’s not a good idea.

It’s one of those things that I think people sort of lose their minds about.

Trans people are under fire in many ways and so I think there is a tendency to really dig in your heels and defend everything, even when it just doesn’t make sense like this.

I’ll compare it to abortion. It makes sense in a lot of cases. JMO it shouldn’t be happening after a certain point, where that is can be up for debate but once we start getting past the first trimester I think it’s getting pretty gruesome.

Reactions: goldmom
I stand with Angela Carini.

Liberals stand with the XY Chromosome having, formerly testicles having, blood tests registering as male.

Vote accordingly.

Nonsense. Born a biological girl, similar to intersex Olympian Caster Semenya.

ok, I can't post links for some reason, but this isn't the first case of people with screwed up biology being let in the games.

ok, I can't post links for some reason, but this isn't the first case of people with screwed up biology being let in the games.

You seem confused, XY chromosomes is not a biological female. Either don’t know what you are talking about or a simple liar.

Who this guy?

R.5941dd502c03cf2e8a8cba27bc7b528a

Caster-Semenya-At-The-World-Championship.jpg

FYI the IOC and the boxing committee just put out a joint statement saying they need to come together to make unified rules.

Probably should have figured that our before now. You know since I can't go a day without hearing about trans rights since 2020.
I doubt they make this statement unless they realize that they effed up somewhere along the way.

That being said, this incident with this individual is a rarity that sits in some grey area, and I wish there was a bit more grace in how it’s being discussed.

Other than a comment from the IBA, is there proof this person took a test that showed an XY chromosome?
If the IBA would release the test results it seems it would be easy to wrap up this controversy.

It’s not a good idea.

It’s one of those things that I think people sort of lose their minds about.

Trans people are under fire in many ways and so I think there is a tendency to really dig in your heels and defend everything, even when it just doesn’t make sense like this.

I’ll compare it to abortion. It makes sense in a lot of cases. JMO it shouldn’t be happening after a certain point, where that is can be up for debate but once we start getting past the first trimester I think it’s getting pretty gruesome.
The thing with abortion…it DOES NOT happen after a certain point unless there’s something wrong with the fetus or the mother’s health could be in danger. Women DO NOT walk into a clinic at 7 months saying they changed their mind. It’s a bullshit Republican narrative like “partial birth” and “up to the due date”. It’s effing nonsense.

Interesting. First trans Olympian was in 1932:

There have been 18[a] modern Olympic athletes widely known to have an intersex (disorders/differences of sex development) condition, or other similar condition which has been restricted by sports authorities. The athletes may or may not identify as intersex or having a DSD; some may not be considered intersex or DSD by modern science. Athletes are included when the existence of a condition has affected their sporting career and it is publicly known.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_intersex_Olympians#cite_note-2

The 1932 Summer Olympics was the first instance of an athlete now known to be intersex competing, also winning a medal. 7 have won a medal (38.89% of intersex athletes), with 3 winning at least one gold (16.67% of intersex athletes).[a] The majority of intersex Olympians have competed in athletics, generally running.[a]

The Olympics have "been dealing with" – acknowledged and sought to regulate – intersex athletes since the 1930s.[1] After Zdeněk Koubek, a Czech athlete raised as a woman, transitioned to live as a man in 1935, United States Olympic Committee president Avery Brundage expressed concern over the potential for such athletes to be exploited for Olympic gain. The United States pressured the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to permit medical examinations of any athletes whose sex was questioned, which became policy in time for the 1936 Summer Olympics.[2] It did not appear to be applied in 1936, though there were some notable cases in the form of Stella Walsh and Heinrich Ratjen. Walsh's case was handled sympathetically, while Ratjen's Olympics appearance may have been deliberately dishonest.[1] In the 1960s, when systemic doping became a significant issue and it was harder to tell the difference between men and doped women, sex verification was first implemented as a requirement.[1][3] An early and inadequate test in 1967 incorrectly identified Ewa Kłobukowska as not female, seeing her previous Olympic achievements written off and her career end.[4] Between 1968 and 1998, all female athletes at the Olympics were subject to sex verification as a matter of process[3][5][6] Until 1992, the test used was to identify chromosomes, something that had been deemed unreliable in the scientific community for decades;[3][1] Maria José Martínez-Patiño was banned from women's athletics after qualifying for the 1988 Summer Olympics, before being allowed to compete again later that year.[6][10]

Prior to the 1996 Summer Olympics, intersex Brazilian judoka Edinanci Silva had surgery to allow her to continue in women's sport. She would appear at this Games and several other editions.[1] Also competing in 1996 were eight (unknown) female athletes who were discovered to have an intersex condition upon testing (seven with androgen insensitivity); all were cleared to compete and, after the Games, the IOC abolished the universal testing so as to protect the dignity of athletes who do not already know they have these conditions.[1][3] The IOC do still perform sex testing for athletes of any gender (though invariably women) when "serious doubts" are raised.[1] In 2012, the IOC changed its mode of verification, testing for testosterone, which has also been considered unreliable and discriminatory.[6] Since 2018, World Athletics has mandated intersex women must take medications or have surgery in order to be eligible, which could prevent them from attending events that serve as Olympic qualifiers.[5] Successful intersex Olympian Caster Semenya has refused to take hormone medication, which saw her banned from participation.[11]

What are your thoughts on the rising costs of daycare for families? How are single moms supposed to be able to afford this and work? Should daycare be raising the child? How about the homeless? There’s millions of them. Any thoughts on how to end that or are we going to focus, again, on something that affects what…a quarter of a percent of the population?

The thing with abortion…it DOES NOT happen after a certain point unless there’s something wrong with the fetus or the mother’s health could be in danger. Women DO NOT walk into a clinic at 7 months saying they changed their mind. It’s a bullshit Republican narrative like “partial birth” and “up to the due date”. It’s effing nonsense.
Be Quiet Season 2 GIF by Martin

What are your thoughts on the rising costs of daycare for families? How are single moms supposed to be able to afford this and work? Should daycare be raising the child? How about the homeless? There’s millions of them. Any thoughts on how to end that or are we going to focus, again, on something that affects what…a quarter of a percent of the population?
Why don’t you hire all the illegals to watch your kids? Homeless equals illegals, that’s a Dem issue as they created the problem.

Reactions: doughuddl2
You know it’s bad when the IOC are the good guys.
Every person has the right to practise sport without discrimination.

All athletes participating in the boxing tournament of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 comply with the competition’s eligibility and entry regulations, as well as all applicable medical regulations set by the Paris 2024 Boxing Unit (PBU) (please find all applicable rules here). As with previous Olympic boxing competitions, the gender and age of the athletes are based on their passport.

These rules also applied during the qualification period, including the boxing tournaments of the 2023 European Games, Asian Games, Pan American Games and Pacific Games, the ad hoc 2023 African qualifying tournament in Dakar (SEN) and two world qualifying tournaments held in Busto Arsizio (ITA) and Bangkok (THA) in 2024, which involved a total of 1,471 different boxers from 172 National Olympic Committees (NOCs), the Boxing Refugee Team and Individual Neutral Athletes, and featured over 2,000 qualification bouts.

The PBU used the Tokyo 2020 boxing rules as a baseline to develop its regulations for Paris 2024. This was to minimise the impact on athletes’ preparations and guarantee consistency between Olympic Games. These Tokyo 2020 rules were based on the post-Rio 2016 rules, which were in place before the suspension of the boxing International Federation by the IOC in 2019 and the subsequent withdrawal of its recognition in 2023.

We have seen in reports misleading information about two female athletes competing at the Olympic Games Paris 2024. The two athletes have been competing in international boxing competitions for many years in the women’s category, including the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, International Boxing Association (IBA) World Championships and IBA-sanctioned tournaments.

These two athletes were the victims of a sudden and arbitrary decision by the IBA. Towards the end of the IBA World Championships in 2023, they were suddenly disqualified without any due process.

According to the IBA minutes available on their website, this decision was initially taken solely by the IBA Secretary General and CEO. The IBA Board only ratified it afterwards and only subsequently requested that a procedure to follow in similar cases in the future be established and reflected in the IBA Regulations. The minutes also say that the IBA should “establish a clear procedure on gender testing”.

The current aggression against these two athletes is based entirely on this arbitrary decision, which was taken without any proper procedure – especially considering that these athletes had been competing in top-level competition for many years.

Such an approach is contrary to good governance.

Eligibility rules should not be changed during ongoing competition, and any rule change must follow appropriate processes and should be based on scientific evidence.

The IOC is committed to protecting the human rights of all athletes participating in the Olympic Games as per the Olympic Charter, the IOC Code of Ethics and the IOC Strategic Framework on Human Rights. The IOC is saddened by the abuse that the two athletes are currently receiving.

The IBA’s recognition was withdrawn by the IOC in 2023 following its suspension in 2019. The withdrawal of recognition was confirmed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). See the IOC’s statement following the ruling.

The IOC has made it clear that it needs National Boxing Federations to reach a consensus around a new International Federation in order for boxing to be included on the sports programme of the Olympic Games LA28.

You know it’s bad when the IOC are the good guys.
Every person has the right to practise sport without discrimination.

All athletes participating in the boxing tournament of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 comply with the competition’s eligibility and entry regulations, as well as all applicable medical regulations set by the Paris 2024 Boxing Unit (PBU) (please find all applicable rules here). As with previous Olympic boxing competitions, the gender and age of the athletes are based on their passport.

These rules also applied during the qualification period, including the boxing tournaments of the 2023 European Games, Asian Games, Pan American Games and Pacific Games, the ad hoc 2023 African qualifying tournament in Dakar (SEN) and two world qualifying tournaments held in Busto Arsizio (ITA) and Bangkok (THA) in 2024, which involved a total of 1,471 different boxers from 172 National Olympic Committees (NOCs), the Boxing Refugee Team and Individual Neutral Athletes, and featured over 2,000 qualification bouts.

The PBU used the Tokyo 2020 boxing rules as a baseline to develop its regulations for Paris 2024. This was to minimise the impact on athletes’ preparations and guarantee consistency between Olympic Games. These Tokyo 2020 rules were based on the post-Rio 2016 rules, which were in place before the suspension of the boxing International Federation by the IOC in 2019 and the subsequent withdrawal of its recognition in 2023.

We have seen in reports misleading information about two female athletes competing at the Olympic Games Paris 2024. The two athletes have been competing in international boxing competitions for many years in the women’s category, including the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, International Boxing Association (IBA) World Championships and IBA-sanctioned tournaments.

These two athletes were the victims of a sudden and arbitrary decision by the IBA. Towards the end of the IBA World Championships in 2023, they were suddenly disqualified without any due process.

According to the IBA minutes available on their website, this decision was initially taken solely by the IBA Secretary General and CEO. The IBA Board only ratified it afterwards and only subsequently requested that a procedure to follow in similar cases in the future be established and reflected in the IBA Regulations. The minutes also say that the IBA should “establish a clear procedure on gender testing”.

The current aggression against these two athletes is based entirely on this arbitrary decision, which was taken without any proper procedure – especially considering that these athletes had been competing in top-level competition for many years.

Such an approach is contrary to good governance.

Eligibility rules should not be changed during ongoing competition, and any rule change must follow appropriate processes and should be based on scientific evidence.

The IOC is committed to protecting the human rights of all athletes participating in the Olympic Games as per the Olympic Charter, the IOC Code of Ethics and the IOC Strategic Framework on Human Rights. The IOC is saddened by the abuse that the two athletes are currently receiving.

The IBA’s recognition was withdrawn by the IOC in 2023 following its suspension in 2019. The withdrawal of recognition was confirmed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). See the IOC’s statement following the ruling.

The IOC has made it clear that it needs National Boxing Federations to reach a consensus around a new International Federation in order for boxing to be included on the sports programme of the Olympic Games LA28.
Morrison,

This is a dude:

imane-khelif-team-algeria-looks-921523474.jpg

I didn't go find some super masculine photo. That is her, today. Now look at her competition and notice the extreme difference in masculinity between two people competing at the same weight class for a world championship.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Shouldn't conservatives be supporting the athlete in question? She was born with a vagina and a uterus and was raised as a girl and then a woman. Isn't that their prerequisites?

She doesn't pass their dipsh!t eye/gut test. IMO, their opinions seem to be more about themselves than any sort of sense of right and wrong, and this thread backs that up.

Be better.

About what? The IBA changed their story twice from the articles available.
The only item online stating the XY chromosome was the President of IBA.
The comment about raised testosterone levels could be caused by a number of reasons.
If the test were revealed then the controversy would be solved.

I am against men competing in women's sports at all levels; I am also against wild supposition about a person when the only proof is some guy said so.

You said she was born with testicles. I've seen nothing to that effect.
One moment..

In March 2023, Khelif was disqualified for failing to meet eligibility criteria shortly before her gold medal bout at the 2023 IBA Women's World Boxing Championships. The Algerian Olympic Committee said Khelif was disqualified for medical reasons. It was later reported that the disqualification was due to high levels of testosterone.[7][8] International Boxing Association president Umar Kremlev said DNA testing of Khelif and other athletes "proved they had XY chromosomes and were thus excluded from the sports events".[9] Khelif is not transgender, but has a disorder of sex development (DSD), which causes some females to have XY chromosomes and blood testosterone levels typical of a male.[10][11] In Algeria, the country that Khelif represents, transgender identity is prohibited, changing gender or sex on identity documents is not permitted, nor are medical or hormonal treatments allowed to transition to another sex.

( she has hyperandroidism)

Testicular function in hyperandriodism

They were very likely internal but may have decended.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Morrison,

This is a dude:

imane-khelif-team-algeria-looks-921523474.jpg

I didn't go find some super masculine photo. That is her, today. Now look at her competition and notice the extreme difference in masculinity between two people competing at the same weight class for a world championship.
That is an Olympic Gold winning champion.

She is a biological woman with Hyperandrogenism, which creates elevated testosterone levels, which people mistake for her being a trans woman.

But keep being weird and caring about what genitals people have, to make you feel better about the political party you care about.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
That is an Olympic Gold winning champion.

She is a biological woman with Hyperandrogenism, which creates elevated testosterone levels, which people mistake for her being a trans woman.

But keep being weird and caring about what genitals people have, to make you feel better about the political party you care about.
I watched a man beat up a woman and then get a gold.medal but I'm sure I'm the weird one for saying that's ****ed.

Weird doesn't mean shit to me dipshit, you nerds think that word means something because you were all called it. You calling me weird is like me calling the guy with a 12 inch cock small dick. I know who I am in social situations and it's far from weird.

• Haha
Reactions: jonesy5960
It appears was born with an X and Y chromosome without more information that is likely why she failed a test, even though in every other sense she is all woman. So continue to be a dumbass please.
Ummm that's the very essence of manhood. Follow the science, you can shave your legs, you can paint your nails, you can chop off appendages, but you can't change those chromosomes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT