ADVERTISEMENT

Gomez

Wasn’t there a rumor he was looking to transfer out of there and this would be a way to bulk up for next year and save eligibility?

Without knowing of anything behind the scenes, I just find it very difficult to think Gomez can make it down to 133 for next season. Without factoring in the concussion ramifications, does anyone really think he's going to magically change his training regimen/diet... including weight control?

Everyone at ISU knew where he needed to slot into the lineup since the 2019 Nattys. Rumor has it he was in the high 60s. 35 lbs is a lot to lose if you weigh 200 lbs. As a percentage of 170 lbs... that's ridiculous.

And expecting Parker/Degen/Carr to go up isn't fair to those three and likely makes ISU weaker. The only way I see to make it work is if Carr can go 165 and Gomez goes 157.

This saga has "transfer portal" written all over it. This isn't on the staff.

Last edited:
Without knowing of anything behind the scenes, I just find it very difficult to think Gomez can make it down to 133 for next season. Without factoring in the concussion ramifications, does anyone really think he's going to magically change his training regimen/diet... including weight control?

Everyone at ISU knew where he needed to slot into the lineup since the 2019 Nattys. Rumor has it he was in the high 60s. 35 lbs is a lot to lose if you weigh 200 lbs. As a percentage of 170 lbs... that's ridiculous.

And expecting Parker/Degen/Carr to go up isn't fair to those three and likely makes ISU weaker. The only way I see to make it work is if Carr can go 165 and Gomez goes 157.

He might just be growing, no?

Gomez ain’t making 133 again.

Concussion issues are legit.

Have my doubts about him finishing any season going forward.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
The Degen injury could also be a year ending type of thing if what his sister is claimed to have said is true.

Gomez ain’t making 133 again.

Concussion issues are legit.

Have my doubts about him finishing any season going forward.

Gomez ain’t making 133 again. Perhaps, but I would bet 141 next year.

Concussion issues are legit. Truth.

Have my doubts about him finishing any season going forward. It's a concern to be sure

Carr will be at 165 for 20/21.

Can’t remember who said it or what thread it was in but didn’t someone mention the growth of Gary steen and maybe a high prized recruit? Well if so he just committed to Pittsburgh.
Steen is going to Pittsburgh. Don’t know about the high prized recruit. Wanted steen at Iowa. WTH. But they have landed a bunch of young talent lately. Good for pitt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT