ADVERTISEMENT

Good for Charlie Jones

Purdue is also 0-1 and Charlie will be playing in front of 30,000 fans every home game.

He will certainly get better individual stats at Purdue.

Reactions: BBHawk
People criticized CJ for the timing of his departure, but I think in retrospect I know exactly how things went down. He basically had no intention of transferring during the time when players typically do (between the end of the season and spring practice). He went to spring practice, gave it his all, saw what was going down, then just couldn't f*cking take it anymore. I actually commend him for having the courage to leave when he did. Many people would have just felt stuck and dealt with the misery.

Purdue is also 0-1 and Charlie will be playing in front of 30,000 fans every home game.

Purdue was in the top ten in the country in percentage of stadium capacity utilized and they will remain there for the foreseeable future with several near sellouts for remaining games.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
People criticized CJ for the timing of his departure, but I think in retrospect I know exactly how things went down. He basically had no intention of transferring during the time when players typically do (between the end of the season and spring practice). He went to spring practice, gave it his all, saw what was going down, then just couldn't f*cking take it anymore. I actually commend him for having the courage to leave when he did. Many people would have just felt stuck and dealt with the misery.
Leaving when he did was classless. Iowa had no opportunity to try to recruit or get a WR in the portal. He would have played a lot on offense and started against SDSU. No doubt he would have helped our offense, but not on deep throws, Petras had very little time to throw.

While Spencer was 11 for 25 and 109 passing yards Charlie Jones hauled in 12 receptions for 153 yards for Purdue. Wish Charlie was still in the black and gold but can't blame him for the switch.
Did Purdue win their game? Did Iowa lose their game?

Leaving when he did was classless. Iowa had no opportunity to try to recruit or get a WR in the portal.
Purdue got a pretty good WR from the portal late in the process...

GMAFB. Even if there were 10 All-American WR's looking for a place to land last May, KF would have stuck to his guns and maintained that he had all the guys he needed. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it.

Reactions: nu2u and intrepodor

Try 60,000 fans and a fun offense, opposed to an archaic boring offense that’s unable to move the ball against an FCS opponent at home…
Congratulations on being 1-0… Let’s compare records after November 5th…
If we score 10 points, you have no chance of winning, even with the best punter in the world…

Leaving when he did was classless. Iowa had no opportunity to try to recruit or get a WR in the portal.
LOL.

KF could have gone to the portal any time for O linemen, QBs, wide receivers, whatever. He didn't. Charlie stayed as long as he could, gave KF and BF every opportunity to show him it was worth staying in Iowa City. They failed. Charlie moved on, and his performance for Purdue in game one showed he did the right thing. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool . . . IMHO, of course.

Reactions: diverman
PSU knew he was WR 1, had a first rd NFL CB covering him, and Purdue still got him the ball. It was an eye opener for sure.

I think any one of us, if in Charlie Jones shoes, would have done the same thing. Go to college with one of your best friends and actually get to play football. He caught more passes in one game at Purdue than he would have gotten the entire season at Iowa.

While Spencer was 11 for 25 and 109 passing yards Charlie Jones hauled in 12 receptions for 153 yards for Purdue. Wish Charlie was still in the black and gold but can't blame him for the switch.
But Iowa won and Purdue lost.

CJ wasn't a factor. He lost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT