ADVERTISEMENT

Gov Sarah Huckabee Sanders Signs Bill Banning Minors From Social Media

The people who the lawmakers are trying to prevent from having access to social media, are far more intelligent than the lawmakers, themselves. They'll find a way around it.

I'm not totally against this, but there's no way it can be done effectively. But if they're going to be hard-assed about it and a group, like Anonymous, outs some of the children of these lawmakers for breaking the law, well I hope they're able to lay down the law hard on their own kids......and potentially themselves. If it's law, you need to follow it....especially if you helped draft/pass that law.

As I said, not going to happen. It will be a colossal waist of time. Arkansas should never lead the way in anything.

Reactions: nelly02
I think there's enough studies out there to prove it. Hell, The Social Dilemma puts forth a pretty convincing narrative in and of itself.

Maybe to correlate, not sure that’s the same thing as proven tho.

The other trouble is, if you accept that you can control access to social media, I wonder if that opens up further restrictions regarding video games, tv/movies, etc.

Maybe to correlate, not sure that’s the same thing as proven tho.

The other trouble is, if you accept that you can control access to social media, I wonder if that opens up further restrictions regarding video games, tv/movies, etc.
It's such a fine line to toy with. A large part of me says, "Hell no! Let me do the parenting". And then I witness crap like this:

This was a few years back at an event called Jurrasic Quest with my son and I was standing behind a young girl in line.
  • 5-6 year old blinged out like she was 14 (fake nails, flashy clothes, etc)
  • On her smart phone talking to her Nana
  • Told her Nana, "I'll post some pics to my Insta, Nana"
That kid, IMO, doesn't stand a chance. Where were her parents? Not sure about the dad, but the mom (who looked about 19) was standing off to the side with her face buried in her phone.

The whole technology thing just makes me sad. The streets are virtually empty in my neighborhood (and there are 100s of kids because I see them getting off the buses). We have one girl about 12 always in her cul-de-sac shooting hoops. God bless her! LOL

kids-screens-social-media-0210211.jpg

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
It's such a fine line to toy with. A large part of me says, "Hell no! Let me do the parenting". And then I witness crap like this:

This was a few years back at an event called Jurrasic Quest with my son and I was standing behind a young girl in line.
  • 5-6 year old blinged out like she was 14 (fake nails, flashy clothes, etc)
  • On her smart phone talking to her Nana
  • Told her Nana, "I'll post some pics to my Insta, Nana"
That kid, IMO, doesn't stand a chance. Where were her parents? Not sure about the dad, but the mom (who looked about 19) was standing off to the side with her face buried in her phone.

The whole technology thing just makes me sad. The streets are virtually empty in my neighborhood (and there are 100s of kids because I see them getting off the buses). We have one girl about 12 always in her cul-de-sac shooting hoops. God bless her! LOL

kids-screens-social-media-0210211.jpg
Sad, I live right by an elementary school that my kids attend and there's a group of 20 or so kids (mine included) that are constantly at the school playing soccer, basketball etc.

Sad, I live right by an elementary school that my kids attend and there's a group of 20 or so kids (mine included) that are constantly at the school playing soccer, basketball etc.
That's AWESOME! My son has ONE friend who comes over often and they love to play soccer and football (my son plays both sports). The rest come over and bring their iPads and just want to play games.

Conversely, when I was in Naples two weeks ago, the neighborhood my friends live in was full of life. Kids out walking, riding scooters/bikes and playing sports. It was a breath of fresh air. Maybe San Antonio is just too hot for these kids.

Personally, I miss the days when I was out the door at sun-up and came home when the street lights came on. My parents never knew where the heck I was. LOL

That's AWESOME! My son has ONE friend who comes over often and they love to play soccer and football (my son plays both sports). The rest come over and bring their iPads and just want to play games.

Conversely, when I was in Naples two weeks ago, the neighborhood my friends live in was full of life. Kids out walking, riding scooters/bikes and playing sports. It was a breath of fresh air. Maybe San Antonio is just too hot for these kids.

Personally, I miss the days when I was out the door at sun-up and came home when the street lights came on. My parents never knew where the heck I was. LOL
I love it, other than the constant stream of kids ringing the doorbell all day. Almost all our neighbors get together at our house every Saturday and all the kids go to the school to play night games. I try to push my wife to let go and let them be a little more independent like I was and she's come a long way.

I was thinking about that the other day, I did the same during the summer. 100 degree heat with 70% humidity and we were gone all day, didnt take water bottles or anything. We were just fine. I miss them as well but try to recreate them as responsibly as I can for my kiddos.

I love it, other than the constant stream of kids ringing the doorbell all day. Almost all our neighbors get together at our house every Saturday and all the kids go to the school to play night games. I try to push my wife to let go and let them be a little more independent like I was and she's come a long way.

I was thinking about that the other day, I did the same during the summer. 100 degree heat with 70% humidity and we were gone all day, didnt take water bottles or anything. We were just fine. I miss them as well but try to recreate them as responsibly as I can for my kiddos.
Man, that's Eutopia, IMO.

Water bottles? Just roll up to a friend (or stranger's) house and drink from the garden hose! 🤣

• Love
Reactions: Ree4

Take their electronics away and kick them out of the house. They'll figure it out eventually.

• Haha
Reactions: alaskanseminole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT