ADVERTISEMENT

Gov. Whitmer Won't Run Even if Biden Steps Down

Whitmer reminds me too much of Heath Ledger's take on the Joker...

the joker film GIF

We can't have that in the White House...

She and Beshear should run in 2028 if we have meaningful elections in 2028.
If Beshear is VP on the Dem ticket this year, can he bring Kentucky's electoral votes to the Dems?

I'm skeptical, but what do I know?

Harris - Beshear
Newsom - Beshear
Whitmer - Beshear
Amy - Beshear
Pete - Beshear
Hillary - Beshear

What about if he's the top of the ticket?

If Beshear is VP on the Dem ticket this year, can he bring Kentucky's electoral votes to the Dems?

I'm skeptical, but what do I know?

Harris - Beshear
Newsom - Beshear
Whitmer - Beshear
Amy - Beshear
Pete - Beshear
Hillary - Beshear

What about if he's the top of the ticket?

Maybe if he's at the top. Maybe

The big thing for me is I tend to prefer candidates who have ran and won in swing states or red states. Winning a primary in California only means that you can get a bunch of Dems to like you. Winning a general in a swing state or a red state means that you are able to pull independent voters and voters who might not normally vote for someone in your party.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Maybe if he's at the top. Maybe

The big thing for me is I tend to prefer candidates who have ran and won in swing states or red states. Winning a primary in California only means that you can get a bunch of Dems to like you. Winning a general in a swing state or a red state means that you are able to pull independent voters and voters who might not normally vote for someone in your party.
Trump won Kentucky by 26 points in 2020. I would recommend a different strategy.

I just don't see it. The danger facing the nation and the world, yes, of course. But the blame for Jill, no.
I don't see Biden as fit to serve any longer. From other things I've read and heard, the slide has been dramatic over the past 6 months. Jill is one of the very few people on the planet who could advise him that it's time to step down and open up the field for a younger candidate. She's not pushing him in that direction. That's where it's coming from.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT