ADVERTISEMENT

Great Iowa restaurants off the beaten path edition.

Bulldogs1974

HR Legend
Oct 16, 2012
I like hitting up random out of the spots for good food. What you got???
Sportsman’s in st Ansgar. Amazing fried fish. Cod fillets in huge chunks

texas-roadhouse-slows-development-plans_0.gif

Twisted Tail Steakhouse and Saloon - Beebeetown, Iowa

Fried Mushrooms
Philly Steak Sandwich

Thank me later.

Really wanted to hit this place up this summer, but never got down there.

Definitely going to make a trip down with the convertible when it warms up.

Reactions: unIowa
I have driven by this place 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times but never been. Comes recommended. Supposedly Emerson in Marshalltown reserves the whole place whenever they entertain important clients:

Reactions: BioHawk
Rubes Steakhouse, Montour Iowa. All the meat is butchered and aged across the street. It’s a grill your own joint, which I love. Had 25 Oz ribeye that was still the best thing I’ve ever eaten, to this day. Cost like $25. All you can eat salad bar, potatoes and Texas toast included. I dont think I ate for 3 days after.

Rubes Steakhouse, Montour Iowa. All the meat is butchered and aged across the street. It’s a grill your own joint, which I love. Had 25 Oz ribeye that was still the best thing I’ve ever eaten, to this day. Cost like $25. All you can eat salad bar, potatoes and Texas toast included. I dont think I ate for 3 days after.
I opened this thread to post this. I love Rubes.

Applebee’s in Mason City
I got loaded there one Friday night as we made a pit stop on our way to Minneapolis for an Iowa football game. One of our crew had a buddy from high school living there. He spent most of the night bitching about his kids and how his wife only gave him a monthly handy or BJ.
He was a bit of a let down as I wasn’t married at the time.
CSB.

Reactions: BC Hawk and GOHOX69
Wife and I went to Flavory Bistro in Ankeny with the Nieghbor’s last night. It’s Mediterranean food, but was fantastic!

Is the Thirsty Camel north of Columbus Junction still in business? At one time that qualified as a good, off beat, out of the way Iowa eatery.

So they have a grill going inside that you use? Also I see they have a location in Waukee.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT