ADVERTISEMENT

Gruden OUT

I wish Twitter could manage to allow its users more room to type replies and not require 27 different tweets to make a statement like that.

I had no idea who that guy even was.

Angry Black Guy ranting on Twitter. Cool man.

You can find every type of angry for every type of reason there.

We are talking about football coaches. Let that sink in...football coaches.

It is the same question as to why players that are getting paid millions of dollars are broke within 5 years of retiring from the game.
1. He was an employee of ESPN when the bulk of this happened. ESPN has standards and practices.
2. Football coaches at the collegiate and NFL are CEOs, they aren't just scribbling plays on the chalkboard anymore. His behavior reflects poorly on his employers, and suggests a disorderly, ineffective leadership style.

You either do know this, and are resentful, or, if you do have a job, you work at a s***hole job.

There is some really interesting stuff going on here. Clearly someone came gunning for Gruden. Of the 600,000 emails that were turned over, only Gruden has been stung. The shoe that has to drop is who did he send all of these to, and what reactions did he get? Were there emails from execs or even owners that will come to light?
We also haven't heard much from ESPN. They gave a perfunctory statement condemning Gruden, but they need to figure out what was going on in their offices, and on their company time.

1. This wasn't an investigation into Gruden so how can these emails be used against him?
2. Why is anything he said about Biden or Obama even being mentioned? What does that have to do with anything? Will all the bad things many coaches and players have certainly said about Donald Trump be made to seen as "shameful" by the media?
3. We're no longer allowed to criticize females?
4. I think the worst of what he said was about queers, but nothing he said should be a fireable offense. This is getting to be ridiculous.
5. NFL is going down a very slippery slope because I guarantee every single coach, assistant coach, trainer, and NFL owner would be losing their jobs if every single private text, telephone conversation, email, or other form of communication they've had over the last 10 years could be seen and scrutinized.

This is ridiculous and I stand by the first celebrity who refuses to apologize for this. Double down and say he does have lips like Michelin tires and say I don't care if that hurts his feelings and double down on everything else he's said and don't apologize for it. That would be a breath of fresh air and many in this country who are sick of the cancel, self-righteous culture, while they might not agree with what was said in the emails, would appreciate the refusal to bow in front of the mob.

I find it interesting how this is forcing a sort of reconciliation about human dignity, morality, etc., all the while hanging on to a "sport" institution that NEEDS humans to act-out in the most primal ways imaginable... and, people expect some Ivy League Poli-Sci professor on the sidelines. The sport generates a degenerate attitude, on many levels. It has no choice. But, football is vital to American society. We have to have it, mostly because it generates so much revenue, which is vital to feed the other beast that human civilization has created.

I'm kinda enjoying it. The double standards and hypocrisies are all on display, too. This is a 5* show!
I don’t really care about this Gruden situation but the post above may very well be the most profound example of pseudo-intellectual word saladism in the history of the English language.

It’s forcing a sort of reconciliation about human dignity!

lMAO.

I don’t really care about this Gruden situation but the post above may very well be the most profound example of pseudo-intellectual word saladism in the history of the English language.

lMAO.
That's quite a compliment coming from someone who is paid to legally bullshit people. Thank you!

ETA: Since you don't care... well... obviously, you do care.

Last edited:
We are talking about football coaches. Let that sink in...football coaches.

It is the same question as to why players that are getting paid millions of dollars are broke within 5 years of retiring from the game.

Seems to me 31 other coaches know how to be professionals.

If Frank Reich is sending nude pics and calling people names via his work E-mail I'd want him gone too.

Reactions: lucas80

If Frank Reich is sending nude pics and calling people names via his work E-mail I'd want him gone too.
If we had every text, email, and a transcript of all private conversations of all 31 coaches for the past 10 years I would bet my life savings you are wrong.

Mostly agree, but the NFL and teams can't be expected to constantly monitor all of their employee's E-mails. This stuff came out because Allen was suspected of mis-deeds and they were looking at his E-mails as part of an investigation.

But I don't think it's fair to expect the NFL or NFL teams to constantly be watching all their coach's work E-mails just in case they say something racist.

Now maybe Jon should have lost his job after the comment about lips. But everything after that I don't really hold ESPN or the NFL or any of the teams responsible for that.

If we had every text, email, and a transcript of all private conversations of all 31 coaches for the past 10 years I would bet my life savings you are wrong.

Sure some may go down. I am guessing most wouldn't. Because I am guessing most NFL coaches much like most of us know how to be professionals.

lMAO.

He is right though. Its football. Gruden was a football coach. He never had any sort of training in management or anything like that. The point is; A lot of these guys are total rockheads, why is anyone surprised?

This likely has tentacles that go far beyond Jon Gruden. I’d bet he can bring down a large number of coaches and executives in the league. They’re probably cutting him a large cheque and he’s signing a NDA.

This likely has tentacles that go far beyond Jon Gruden. I’d bet he can bring down a large number of coaches and executives in the league. They’re probably cutting him a large cheque and he’s signing a NDA.
Yes it does looks like the Players association wants everything released. Buckle up.

I don't believe this. If you took a microscope to those coaches over the last decade like they did to Gruden I would be my life you find similar or worse things.

If Tampa is going to cancel Gruden, then what do they do about Warren Sapp? Antonio Brown? It’s interesting that someone’s thoughts or words are used as ammo, but their actions are not.

OK, carry on.

Reactions: strummingram
If Tampa is going to cancel Gruden, then what do they do about Warren Sapp? Antonio Brown? It’s interesting that someone’s thoughts or words are used as ammo, but their actions are not.

OK, carry on.
Richard Sherman is being investigated for domestic violence. He plays every weekend. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be playing. I'm just pointing out how that's considered okay. Now, maybe if he's found guilty, he is no longer allowed to play. But, they already know the allegations.

Not to defend the content of Grudens alleged emails however private personal emails sent a decade ago are being used against the guy. I challenge the woke crowd to allow us to look back into their emails going back 10 to 15 years, I know I could find something that would cancel them out also.

We as a culture have gone too far imo.
Chief, these were 1) work emails and 2) over several years from 2011-2018, when he was hired by the Raiders. So it’s not honest to say they were from a decade ago.

I don’t see this as cancel culture. He mad numerous insulting remarks about specific individuals, about women, gay players (while he has an openly gay player on his current team), black players etc. and if he said these in an email, then how likely is it he was only doing this via email? If any of us said a fraction of his comments, we would deserve to be fired.

Richard Sherman is being investigated for domestic violence. He plays every weekend. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be playing. I'm just pointing out how that's considered okay. Now, maybe if he's found guilty, he is no longer allowed to play. But, they already know the allegations.
I’ll agree, that’s so,etching that all sports leagues need to figure out a better solution. For my money, idk that you can do something just for someone being investigated, but if that advances to being charged, at that point i think you should be suspended with pay until the case is resolved.

theres no ambiguity here though. We KNOW what gruden said in those emails.

I’ll agree, that’s so,etching that all sports leagues need to figure out a better solution. For my money, idk that you can do something just for someone being investigated, but if that advances to being charged, at that point i think you should be suspended with pay until the case is resolved.

theres no ambiguity here though. We KNOW what gruden said in those emails.
What Gruden said was despicable. No argument here.

I don't believe this. If you took a microscope to those coaches over the last decade like they did to Gruden I would be my life you find similar or worse things.

No I sincerely doubt it. Maybe you would get a few. The vast majority would be just fine.

Maybe the people you spend your time with casually say hateful things like that like it's no big deal. The people I spend my time with don't. And if they did I'm not sure I'd want to spend my time around them.

I never really had an opinion on Gruden but now I think he’s awesome cause everyone hates him.

I never really had an opinion on Gruden but now I think he’s awesome cause everyone hates him.
It's pretty clear from the opinions on the board that a significant number of people do not hate him and believe that he should not have resigned.

It's pretty clear from the opinions on the board that a significant number of people do not hate him and believe that he should not have resigned.
I can understand after one email or two, but this is a several years long pattern.

and yeah, there’s probably stuff from owners and gms and other coaches floating around the internet that would shock us as well. If that’s the case, their jobs should probably be in jeopardy as well. Doesn’t make it right however.

I can understand after one email or two, but this is a several years long pattern.

and yeah, there’s probably stuff from owners and gms and other coaches floating around the internet that would shock us as well. If that’s the case, their jobs should probably be in jeopardy as well. Doesn’t make it right however.
The shady part is that over 600,000 emails and documents were produced in the WTF investigation and there is a report, but only Gruden's emails get leaked. Chucky has some enemies somewhere.

Reactions: lucas80

The NFL is in the perception business. They feel keeping Gruden around costs them more money than lets say Sherman playing with his legal issues.

The shady part is that over 600,000 emails and documents were produced in the WTF investigation and there is a report, but only Gruden's emails get leaked. Chucky has some enemies somewhere.
Shocker u call the Commissioner a F*****t. Or lash out at NFLPA.

Reactions: Fijimn
Agreed.
Again tho, Sherman is merely being investigated currently, right? Thats a different category than this for me. idk what the NFL can do here based merely on a that, and it’s unlikely the cops are sharing details with the league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT