ADVERTISEMENT

Haha….. we are normalizing fatness

The problem from what I've read and witnessed anecdotally from people I know who started the shots, is these people will have to be on the medication permanently because they do nothing to change their lifestyle or habits. They gain all of the weight and more when they stop getting the shots. The people I know who have lost weight on the shots also tend to look like they are sick. A friend of mine who is a physician said over half of the nurses in that clinic are on it.
We talked about that, last year the wife (no nude pics) lost 15 pounds from ordering food through a diet plan online. Heard people tell her she couldn't maintain it, she did by cutting back portions and eating salads during the week for dinner and lunches of cottage cheese and veggies. She's kept the weight off. You just have to be disciplined. It's really not that hard, at least in my opinion but I've never had weight issues. I also almost never over eat.

This generation AND their parents are the product of too much processed fast food and just plain junk.
Fat is the result, plain and simple.

One bit of good news is that the Government has announced beginning next year the school lunch programs across the country must provide meals with less sugar and fat and a more nutritious value. I support that and hope it helps.
No more Count Chocula for school breakfasts!

Without fatness we would have never had one of the best memes ever.
59y28a.jpg

There’s nothing better than getting in a good lift in everyday. If you’re not horny then you’re not healthy.

Well educated overly empathetic women are basically behind all of this. Their empathy is out of balance compared to other emotional/intellectual variables and we're not used to telling them such.

(Probably guilt tripped as a society because we had areas where we should have been more empathetic)

In universities you have very little diversity in thought and so it turns into this.

Well educated overly empathetic women are basically behind all of this. Their empathy is out of balance compared to other emotional/intellectual variables and we're not used to telling them such.
Yeah...all the way up to the line when it comes time to fvcking them. Then they're all, "I like your fat ass as a friend".

Reactions: Colonoscopy
Years ago we moved in Iowa and we needed a new family Dr. I said we wanted one that didn’t smoke and wasn’t overweight. The Dr. list of around 30 went to 2. Why would anyone want a Dr. that isn't healthy? We have now moved overseas and have yet to see an overweight Dr’s. Mostly Asian or young healthy USA Dr.’s.
Years ago is the clue-.

What's crazy to me is that it really isn't THAT difficult for most folks to lose weight. Cut out empty calories (pop/alcohol/sweets), eat healthier snacks, and just get moving. Back in the fall of 2020 when I started exercising, all I did was cut out booze during the week, stop eating frozen pizzas and shit during the week, and walk roughly 2-3 miles every morning. I went from almost 260 to 240 in the first 4 weeks.

What's crazy to me is that it really isn't THAT difficult for most folks to lose weight. Cut out empty calories (pop/alcohol/sweets), eat healthier snacks, and just get moving. Back in the fall of 2020 when I started exercising, all I did was cut out booze during the week, stop eating frozen pizzas and shit during the week, and walk roughly 2-3 miles every morning. I went from almost 260 to 240 in the first 4 weeks.

See, you lost me there.

if you were only doing this on the weekends, i'm sure that was a big help for things beyond weight loss

(Probably guilt tripped as a society because we had areas where we should have been more empathetic)

In universities you have very little diversity in thought and so it turns into this.
Can’t argue with this in general.

THIS! Good for you!

Reactions: McLovin32
My high school friend was the (now retired) Chief pf Labor and Delivery at a local hospital and he agreed with you. Says newer docs lack a lot of old school know how that used to be covered as interns.

Lol. He's a crotchety old doc who likely bitched about having to chart in a computer and that things were better in his day when residents were forced to work 100+ hours a week.

Studies have shown there's no benefit in working hours like that, btw. It actually negatively impacted patient care.

I’m on the shot. I don’t want to be on it for life, but I’m assuming it will get cheaper soon.

A few years back I hit 300 and was diagnosed as pre-diabetic. F that. That was my rock bottom. I immediately changed my diet and lost about 25 pounds right away. Got off the pre-diabetic meds and am no longer. Lost another 10 and got to 265. Then got stuck there. I could maintain, but could never get under 260.

Started Ozempic in Jan. I’m current sitting at 235. My goal is to lose another 20 more, then level off. I look and feel better than I have in over 15 years.

I’ve had a total of 7 spine surgeries since the age of 30. Working out is very difficult. Going for walks is about all I can do. I also battle pretty severe depression. Unhealthy eating was a huge problem for me. If you haven’t ever experienced it, I don’t recommend it. Depressed from eating too much, eating too much because I’m depressed. It sucked.

I started with Ozemoic and now get my Semaglutide through a compounding pharmacy. BCBS denied the Ozempic script after the first two months.

Are you insane? That's not happening for me, but my current BMI 23.0 so I've got some wiggle room.

• Haha
I’m on the shot. I don’t want to be on it for life, but I’m assuming it will get cheaper soon.

A few years back I hit 300 and was diagnosed as pre-diabetic. F that. That was my rock bottom. I immediately changed my diet and lost about 25 pounds right away. Got off the pre-diabetic meds and am no longer. Lost another 10 and got to 265. Then got stuck there. I could maintain, but could never get under 260.

Started Ozempic in Jan. I’m current sitting at 235. My goal is to lose another 20 more, then level off. I look and feel better than I have in over 15 years.

I’ve had a total of 7 spine surgeries since the age of 30. Working out is very difficult. Going for walks is about all I can do. I also battle pretty severe depression. Unhealthy eating was a huge problem for me. If you haven’t ever experienced it, I don’t recommend it. Depressed from eating too much, eating too much because I’m depressed. It sucked.

I started with Ozemoic and now get my Semaglutide through a compounding pharmacy. BCBS denied the Ozempic script after the first two months.
Good for you, dude. Keep up the good work. My dad got diagnosed with diabetes about a decade ago for being overweight. He's also lost a ton since then, but he's starting to have issues w/ his feet over the last 6 months or so. I'm trying my goddamn best to avoid that situation.

Are you insane? That's not happening for me, but my current BMI 23.0 so I've got some wiggle room.
I would still eat them, but just not as regularly as I used to. I was a pretty strict Sun-Thurs healthy eater, and then Friday and Saturday I'd kinda eat whatever. It's much easier to stick with that then some sort of strict ass diet. Most of the week I'd just day dream about what I get to eat on my off days.

I would still eat them, but just not as regularly as I used to. I was a pretty strict Sun-Thurs healthy eater, and then Friday and Saturday I'd kinda eat whatever. It's much easier to stick with that then some sort of strict ass diet. Most of the week I'd just day dream about what I get to eat on my off days.
I hear ya, I do tend to eat poorly when I'm just feeling lazy and I'm not up for cooking. It's far too easy to just throw something frozen in the oven or microwave and call it good.

Good for you, dude. Keep up the good work. My dad got diagnosed with diabetes about a decade ago for being overweight. He's also lost a ton since then, but he's starting to have issues w/ his feet over the last 6 months or so. I'm trying my goddamn best to avoid that situation.
Sorry to hear that. Not exactly the same, but obesity is what will end up killing my dad. Had a stoke at 80, which was 4 years ago. He’s nearly immobile. He can shuffle with a walker about 50 feet, but only when he “wants to”. Otherwise he just sits and eats the worst possible foods his chair. Complains every day about being in pain but refuses to change his diet. He just says I’m dying anyway, might as well eat what I want. He’s now been “dying” for 4 years. He’s diabetic but doesn’t GAF.

• Sad
Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Lol. He's a crotchety old doc who likely bitched about having to chart in a computer and that things were better in his day when residents were forced to work 100+ hours a week.

Studies have shown there's no benefit in working hours like that, btw. It actually negatively impacted patient care.
You are mistaken. I’m talking about him referring to things like hysterectomy and emergency Caesareans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT