ADVERTISEMENT

Haha….. we are normalizing fatness

When I see someone who's obviously heavy, my first thought isn't about how they look. It's about how they feel. Not emotionally, but physically. As I've aged, the one thing I've tried to keep a firm grasp on is my fitness. When I say fitness, I'm not talking about my appearance. I'm talking about how ready I feel to stand up to hard cardiovascular demands. How much stamina I have. The feeling of vitality is a source of pure confidence and it feels terrific. And it takes a lot of work to maintain! So, to me, someone who's "fat" isn't someone that looks overweight. It's someone who has lost the ability to put out physically. Someone who can't go out and hand shovel a driveway anymore and come away breathing heavily with a smile on their face. Or mow a lawn quickly before a storm. I don't ever want to lose that ability. There's so much to learn about yourself and take pride in through consistently overcoming tough physical challenges.

I have two cousins that are brothers that both did one of the weight loss shots, not sure which one. Both int heir mid to late 50's. Neither were huge but both could lose about 20 to 30 pounds. In two months both of them did it. Went from about 220 to 190 easily. They were both amazed at how well they worked. csb/

But is it sustainable? Do they take it for life? I know they up the dose as you go along. What happens when it's over and your appetite is there again. Now they gain 40 back after losing 20. Feels very fad unless you do shots for life

Reactions: beanerhawk
Do you have any sources other than X and the Post about the context?
Here is a link and in the article the link to the syllabus is available

Reactions: goldmom
We “normalize” stuff that’s a heck of a lot crazier than fatness.
Its interesting that none of our usual lefties support normalizing fatness. The idea of normalizing fatness comes from the same people that can't define the word woman, they tell us a man can become a woman, and that we are all going to die from climate change.

It's good to know some of our hard lefties still have some sense to them.

Here is a link and in the article the link to the syllabus is available
Seriously. The Free Beacon? Do you research your sources?

What's crazy to me is that it really isn't THAT difficult for most folks to lose weight. Cut out empty calories (pop/alcohol/sweets), eat healthier snacks, and just get moving. Back in the fall of 2020 when I started exercising, all I did was cut out booze during the week, stop eating frozen pizzas and shit during the week, and walk roughly 2-3 miles every morning. I went from almost 260 to 240 in the first 4 weeks.
You didn't used to shit during the week? No wonder you were fat. And cranky.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
Seriously. The Free Beacon? Do you research your sources?
look, I just did a quick search and knew you would knock it. If you don’t think the Twitter link is accurate, that’s fine, can you prove it’s untrue? Did you click on the syllabus link?

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
look, I just did a quick search and knew you would knock it. If you don’t think the Twitter link is accurate, that’s fine, can you prove it’s untrue? Did you click on the syllabus link?
Shouldn't we try to prove it is true first?

My wife and I weigh around 270 pounds, combined. We are considered skinny in Iowa and overweight in our current country. Blows my mind how USA has accepted fat people as normal.

But is it sustainable? Do they take it for life? I know they up the dose as you go along. What happens when it's over and your appetite is there again. Now they gain 40 back after losing 20. Feels very fad unless you do shots for life
I posted a response above but of course it's sustainable it you use common sense. At least in my mind it is. They didn't up their dose they actually quit using it in a short amount of time. If you want to keep weight off then make good decisions. I'm 48 years old 6 foot tall and have never been heavier then 175 and currently am 167. Don't eat like an idiot and life isn't that hard. And I love to cook and eat good food. It's a 6 ounce filet not a 18 ounce t-bone.

Who is this X dude? Edit: Give me a real source and I will say you are correct. You do know the difference between an actual article by a legitimate source and a Twitter post .. right?
Yes, have you seen anyone refute this report? Did you click on the syllabus link? Do you doubt that in this odd liberal world of everything is racist, bigoted and fatphobic, that this is possible?

Yes, have you seen anyone refute this report? Did you click on the syllabus link? Do you doubt that in this odd liberal world of everything is racist, bigoted and fatphobic, that this is possible?
I have seen articles from the Free Beacon, the Post and Fox News. Please link an article that proves this is true. I am sure you can provide the statement from UCLA.

lol. Ok you don’t want to believe it
Seriously? You are what is wrong with this country. You have no idea how to understand media. Please provide me with an article that proves that this is happening? Again, a legitimate article from a legitimate source. I want you to highlight what I am missing. Edit: You do understand this was a section of a book that not in the textbook but was part of the required reading list for the class. Snowflake. How can you not see this?

Last edited:
Seriously? You are what is wrong with this country. You have no idea how to understand media. Please provide me with an article that proves that this is happening? Again, a legitimate article from a legitimate source. I want you to highlight what I am missing. Edit: You do understand this was a section of a book that not in the textbook but was part of the required reading list for the class. Snowflake. How can you not see this?
Has anyone come out and refuted the story?

When I see someone who's obviously heavy, my first thought isn't about how they look. It's about how they feel. Not emotionally, but physically. As I've aged, the one thing I've tried to keep a firm grasp on is my fitness. When I say fitness, I'm not talking about my appearance. I'm talking about how ready I feel to stand up to hard cardiovascular demands. How much stamina I have. The feeling of vitality is a source of pure confidence and it feels terrific. And it takes a lot of work to maintain! So, to me, someone who's "fat" isn't someone that looks overweight. It's someone who has lost the ability to put out physically. Someone who can't go out and hand shovel a driveway anymore and come away breathing heavily with a smile on their face. Or mow a lawn quickly before a storm. I don't ever want to lose that ability. There's so much to learn about yourself and take pride in through consistently overcoming tough physical challenges.
I have often admired those who are old man/woman strong. They might be slim, wizened creatures who nevertheless outwork others in the hayfield, the wood pile, the kitchen, or community events. They might also be big folks who hang with it and do what needs doing.
In doing so they just go about it, waste little motion or effort, and don’t crow about abilities. The ability to look ahead and be in position for the next move seems inherent, ingrained, and part of the fabric.
Refreshing.

It’s been on a major news network. Would you think that a Repnfrom UCLA would comment?
The Free Beacon is a major new network? Is this a required reading book for a class or not? I am trying to understand your angst. You went to college and I assume you had requiered reading books outside of your textbook. This is the type of book that Fox, the Free Beacon and the Post are making you upset about. Meathead.

The Free Beacon is a major new network? Is this a required reading book for a class or not? I am trying to understand your angst. You went to college and I assume you had requiered reading books outside of your textbook. This is the type of book that Fox, the Free Beacon and the Post are making you upset about. Meathead.
Fox ran the story

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT