ADVERTISEMENT

Happy 14th Birthday The Affordable Care Act

THE_DEVIL

HR King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
Barack Obama Hello GIF by Obama

Shame that healtcare costs have more than doubled since then. Thanks Obama.
That can easily be fixed with REGULATION. Would you agree with that?

that one of the main problems is that U.S. hospitals, doctors and pharmaceutical companies charge much higher prices for their services and products.
While most countries can strictly regulate the prices health providers are allowed to charge, there is no such regulation here, and price negotiations between insurance companies and health care providers in the U.S. happen largely behind closed doors.
https://money.com/money-then-now-the-affordable-care-act-and-the-rising-cost-of-health/

That can easily be fixed with REGULATION. Would you agree with that?

that one of the main problems is that U.S. hospitals, doctors and pharmaceutical companies charge much higher prices for their services and products.
While most countries can strictly regulate the prices health providers are allowed to charge, there is no such regulation here, and price negotiations between insurance companies and health care providers in the U.S. happen largely behind closed doors.
https://money.com/money-then-now-the-affordable-care-act-and-the-rising-cost-of-health/
I was just thinking that the problem with Healthcare is not enough government regulation.. 😂🤣😅

I had to get a tetanus booster last month and my PCP office doesn’t carry the shot. Off to UFHealth I go. Quick service and super nice staff. I’m on Medicare but I got a bill for my share: Billed Medicare $861.
For a tetanus shot. A vaccine that’s not a new whizbang cure. I paid $10.00 by the way.
Seriously? That’s crazy.
And Obamacare is saddled with issues too. Premiums can be high and the deductibles high as well.

So the ACA made no difference in the trajectory of price increases.
Consisting of 10 separate legislative Titles, the Act has several major aims. The first—and central—aim is to achieve near-universal coverage and to do so through shared responsibility among government, individuals, and employers. A second aim is to improve the fairness, quality, and affordability of health insurance coverage. A third aim is to improve health-care value, quality, and efficiency while reducing wasteful spending and making the health-care system more accountable to a diverse patient population. A fourth aim is to strengthen primary health-care access while bringing about longer-term changes in the availability of primary and preventive health care. A fifth and final aim is to make strategic investments in the public's health, through both an expansion of clinical preventive care and community investments.

I had to get a tetanus booster last month and my PCP office doesn’t carry the shot. Off to UFHealth I go. Quick service and super nice staff. I’m on Medicare but I got a bill for my share: Billed Medicare $861.
For a tetanus shot. A vaccine that’s not a new whizbang cure. I paid $10.00 by the way.
Seriously? That’s crazy.
And Obamacare is saddled with issues too. Premiums can be high and the deductibles high as well.
joboma did that........... Also, that $861, probably purchased tetanus shots for 100 ILLEGALS!

• Haha
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
No, but that a) wasn’t necessarily the intent of the law (as was pointed out), and b) wasn’t what they were claiming. Single payer if the ultimate way.
Again, the intent of this sham "law" that was passed on Christmas Eve, was to "level the playing field," as comrade 0boma is so fond of saying, not by doing anything constructive, but by making sure 98% of the population have dogshit coverage.

Seriously? That’s crazy.
No country lets their citizens get ripped off, healthcare-wise, like the US. Again, nobody would trade with us.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I would have a law that says providers can’t charge more than Medicare reimbursement no matter what.

Law that drug companies have to charge the same for drugs. The lowest price is everybody”s price.

Anybody on employer insurance has to have a physical every year and if they are obese they have 1/2% new income tax.

1% tax on cell phone bills (only way everybody pays) 1% tax on imports.

All This money would be used to start a nasa type endeavor with the goal of cheaper healthcare via AI and automation.

Seriously? That’s crazy.

Kinda sounds like non-Obamacare health insurance.

Well, it’s behind a paywall, but there was one time Obama made a claim about premiums only to revise and say healthcare spending, which (as you can see in my post above) is finally moving in the right direction.
There were a few claims made that weren’t true…and they knew they weren’t true.

“You can keep your doctor”

Seriously? That’s crazy.
Billed and what Medicare pays are two vastly different things. I think my hospital charges like 8-10K for my surgery but I actually get about 1200-1500 for a 2 hour surgery.

Billed and what Medicare pays are two vastly different things. I think my hospital charges like 8-10K for my surgery but I actually get about 1200-1500 for a 2 hour surgery.
I understand about how they have to bill Medicare hugely just to literally get pennies on the dollar, and honestly you should get at least double that, or more.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Got a great idea. Why don't all MAGA's running for office pledge to end ACA if they are elected?
That's been a hollow promise by republicans for years, I'm sure it will be mentioned with no replacement plan/idea to implement at the same time

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT