ADVERTISEMENT

Happy 14th Birthday The Affordable Care Act

Yes it is the same thing. If you don’t make any money at your so called business. Then you don’t pay anything through the ACA. It’s amazing the amount of people getting free healthcare while driving a $100000 pickup truck. All thanks to Bathhouse Barry.
No. You're wrong. There is a minimum income amount to qualify for ACA.

You're a moron.

Yeah....employers SUBSIDIZE the premiums for employees. But guess what....if you don't have employer subsidized coverage you pay MORE for the same coverage. Sure you can save money....for less coverage. That's what I'm telling you. I should be surprised you and the other "experts on everything" don't understand this, but I'm not. You are completely missing the big picture (and the point).

You are actually supporting my argument! Thank you!

The government should have either gone the Medicare for everyone route, or "free" care for everyone. Instead they chose the half-a**ed option.
The plans are essentially the same - you see that when COBRA is offered. The ACA rates are similar if not lower on the top line for the same coverage.

You save money by matching the coverage to the care you need. It's extremely short sighted to use monthly premiums as your only evaluator for medical costs.

The Democrats have pushed for a Medicare for All plan only to be stymied by the republicans. This is the compromise we have to live with now. It was better when the mandate was in place (more healthy people paying in) but the republicans took that away too.

Barack Obama Hello GIF by Obama

The only thing it’s done over the past 14 years is make people fat and lazy. It is bullshit that people can call themselves self employed so they can get free health insurance. I can’t do that because I have too much pride and self respect.
I still think you're probably a parody account, but if you're real it would be pretty funny if you're on Medicaid.

The minimum income is zero to qualify.
You're a moron.

Eligibility for premium subsidies is based on income levels.

In most years, if your household income is between 100% and 400% of the federal poverty level, you may qualify for an Obamacare premium subsidy.

In 2024, that range equals:

• $14,580 to $58,320 for an individual
  • $30,000 to $120,000 for a family of four

That's been a hollow promise by republicans for years, I'm sure it will be mentioned with no replacement plan/idea to implement at the same time
The republicans had a long chance to desl with heslthcare and ledt it to the Dems.

Yeah....employers SUBSIDIZE the premiums for employees. But guess what....if you don't have employer subsidized coverage you pay MORE for the same coverage.

Yes. Because your employer isn't paying the other portion.

Amazing it took you this long to figure this out.

And, no, the ACA plans are not "priced differently"; they are the same prices as the ones your employer plan pays. Compare your Cobra option to the same plan on ACA; you will find they are the same. I did this back in 2014/2015. Exact same, to the penny.

The minimum income is zero to qualify.
I can clarify this for you. If someone goes to www.healthcare.gov to apply for ACA, and lists an income in which they may be Medicaid eligible, the ACA refers the state an application to be determined if Medicaid eligible. If the person ends up Medicaid eligible, they are approved for Medicaid. If they are determined to be over income for Medicaid, they must purchase a plan through the marketplace(ACA). They are different, but the systems are coordinated to work well together and meet the goal of people getting insurance.

Reactions: Joes Place
I can clarify this for you. If someone goes to www.healthcare.gov to apply for ACA, and lists an income in which they may be Medicaid eligible, the ACA refers the state an application to be determined if Medicaid eligible. If the person ends up Medicaid eligible, they are approved for Medicaid. If they are determined to be over income for Medicaid, they must purchase a plan through the marketplace(ACA). They are different, but the systems are coordinated to work well together and meet the goal of people getting insurance.
The ACA app does identify if someone might be eligible for Medicaid and won't accept their application if the income level doesn't fall into their range. But the systems are completely different. Medicaid is run by the government. ACA is a marketplace, or portal if you will, to get private insurance. Depending on income level there may be a tax credit you can qualify for.

The systems are coordinated to work well together to make people dependent on the government and make people feel like they have no purpose and perspective in life.

Once someone gets on Medicaid they normally never get off of it. They’re dependent on the government to provide for them.

The systems are coordinated to work well together to make people dependent on the government and make people feel like they have no purpose and perspective in life.
Are you admitting your idiocy claiming the income level for the ACA is $0?

The systems are separate. One is government provided healthcare and one is private insurer provided.

Your a moron.

Reactions: Joes Place
So you think immigration is they key issue surrounding poverty? SMFH. You say some stupid shit and that ranks right up there.
You think you're smart? In what world? Adding millions of uneducated, unskilled, non English speaking people is not, I repeat, IS NOT going to solve poverty in the US. Maybe a smarter Ultra-Lib than you can come to your defense and explain how adding super poor to the already impoverished helps...

You think you're smart? In what world? Adding millions of uneducated, unskilled, non English speaking people is not, I repeat, IS NOT going to solve poverty in the US. Maybe a smarter Ultra-Lib than you can come to your defense and explain how adding super poor to the already impoverished helps...
Where did anyone, but you, imply that bringing in immigrants is a measure to reduce poverty? You're the one who made that stupid comparison.

What's your solution to get people off Medicaid? Or is your suggestion to simply end it?

I'm stating a simple fact that is obviously beyond your grasp. To escape poverty a poor person must take advantage of our free education system, find a job ( or two ), secondary education, share an apartment, avoid the drug culture, don't commit crimes, join the military. Now for every person that does this, escapes abject poverty and 10 even poorer people sneak in where's the net gain? There isn't any, understand? The drain on the system continues, accelerates and eventually collapses under it's own weight. What's your solution to poverty? I'll go out on a limb here, tax the rich...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT