ADVERTISEMENT

Harris the likely nominee, who should be the VP choice?

Who should Harris peg as her running mate?

• Whitmer

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Newsome

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Mark Kelly

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Josh Shapiro

Votes: 41 48.2%
  • Someone else I posted in comments

Votes: 7 8.2%

• Total voters
I’m seeing a lot on Twitter about Shapiro driving away the youth, pro-Palestinian vote.

Are we seriously that concerned about these pro-Palestinian idiots? What do they represent—like .0001% of the electorate??
Dems will need to figure out a coherent stance on the issue in general, only concern will be in some of those battleground states that were super-close last time. Turnout will be everything.

I’m seeing a lot on Twitter about Shapiro driving away the youth, pro-Palestinian vote.

Are we seriously that concerned about these pro-Palestinian idiots? What do they represent—like .0001% of the electorate??

My impression is that the "pro-Gaza/anti-Zionist" voter block is smaller and more finicky/cause-celebre-oriented than the "pro-Israel" voter bloc, which is more moderate and filled with older, reliable voters.

I am no political consultant, but if the goal is to defeat Trump, Harris will need to resist the temptation to ingratiate herself with the first group, even though they can be expected to be highly vocal and visible.

Exactly. They’re nowhere near as powerful as the media makes it seem.

Shapiro is a very popular governor in a must-win state. If the fringe wants to throw a hissy fit, let them. That’s the difference between D and R’s today.

Exactly. They’re nowhere near as powerful as the media makes it seem.

Shapiro is a very popular governor in a must-win state. If the fringe wants to throw a hissy fit, let them. That’s the difference between D and R’s today.
Are you not concerned the GOP Senate leader becomes Governor?

Yeah, **** the pro-Palestinian idiots. That’s the last demographic Harris should worry about.

I actually despise them more than I do MAGAs.

Dems will need to figure out a coherent stance on the issue in general, only concern will be in some of those battleground states that were super-close last time. Turnout will be everything.
Personally this is what Biden needs to fix before he leaves, if he really wants to help Kamala. Doing nothing might make the assumptions that Kamala won't fix anything with Israel either.

Personally this is what Biden needs to fix before he leaves, if he really wants to help Kamala. Doing nothing might make the assumptions that Kamala won't fix anything with Israel either.
She evidently is planning to meet with Bibi privately when he comes to speak to congress…which still makes me annoyed that he got the invite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT