ADVERTISEMENT

Has College Wrestling Become A Joke?

Mar 14, 2003
I ask this because of what seems to be a common occurrence. You have guys MFF out of these tournaments to avoid competition. Guys don’t wrestle or sit out dualsto avoid ranked opponents until conference tournaments. It’s a joke and unfortunately why wrestling is not taken more seriously on a national level.

Reactions: ztmac
I ask this because of what seems to be a common occurrence. You have guys MFF out of these tournaments to avoid competition. Guys don’t wrestle or sit out dualsto avoid ranked opponents until conference tournaments. It’s a joke and unfortunately why wrestling is not taken more seriously on a national level.

Wanna talk about an embarrassment and why I can't take BB seriously - players diving and flopping like soccer players trying to get penalties.

I ask this because of what seems to be a common occurrence. You have guys MFF out of these tournaments to avoid competition. Guys don’t wrestle or sit out duals to avoid ranked opponents until conference tournaments. It’s a joke and unfortunately why wrestling is not taken more seriously on a national level.
Guys sit out duals because of injury. Wrestling top-ranked guys when you're injured gets you injured even worse.
If I were you I might say that your best players should quit and walk on to Alabama in football or North Carolina in basketball, because their chances of ever winning a title are a joke. But I'm not you. I'm proud of all our hard-working Hawkeyes, not just the contending teams like our fine wrestlers. Isn't it time for you to lean back into the lazyboy, and fall asleep watching classic games on the NFL network?

Reactions: Hawkeye197
Guys sit out duals because of injury. Wrestling top-ranked guys when you're injured gets you injured even worse.
If I were you I might say that your best players should quit and walk on to Alabama in football or North Carolina in basketball, because their chances of ever winning a title are a joke. But I'm not you. I'm proud of all our hard-working Hawkeyes, not just the contending teams like our fine wrestlers. Isn't it time for you to lean back into the lazyboy, and fall asleep watching classic games on the NFL network?

:rolleyes:

Deep down you agree with me somewhat. I know this because you made zero argument of substance and went to insults.

Reactions: ztmac
:rolleyes:

Deep down you agree with me somewhat. I know this because you made zero argument of substance and went to insults.
I gave you the argument first, but you apparently didn't get it. See Spooner's response also. The season is a marathon, not a sprint.
When a non-wrestling fan starts a thread calling college wrestling a joke, what do you expect?

I gave you the argument first, but you apparently didn't get it. See Spooner's response also. The season is a marathon, not a sprint.
When a non-wrestling fan starts a thread calling college wrestling a joke, what do you expect?

Oh I am a wrestling fan. In fact I wrestled.

If it bothers you then dont watch.

I hated when my grandpa talked about back in the day and I hate it now.

Its sports and entertainment. It evolves. Much like life. It always has and always will.

More like I am going to continue to claim I can compete and never ever ever back it up.

When I leave a high school practice where I coach, I am exhausted. And I am beating those kids pretty easily. I MIGHT be able to go one scramble and not give up the take down against a college wrestler... MIGHT... Its a 7 minute match tho... so yeah... keyboard warrior it is!

More like I am going to continue to claim I can compete and never ever ever back it up.

When I leave a high school practice where I coach, I am exhausted. And I am beating those kids pretty easily. I MIGHT be able to go one scramble and not give up the take down against a college wrestler... MIGHT... Its a 7 minute match tho... so yeah... keyboard warrior it is!

I’ll pay part time of the entry fee if you demand the #1 seed in your weight class

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
Any football player on their way to a payday should skip the bowl. If he blows out his knee and doesn’t get to set his family up for life, he can’t take much solace in “well the fans were happy”.
Some, not all get a free education and a degree, wouldn't that be set for life, too?

Although I do tend to lean your way, when it comes to athletes like Fant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT