ADVERTISEMENT

Has DeSantis petered out?

How did they win before? I think if Trump exits the Republicans can win back independents who wouldn’t vote for him in 2020.
Not if they nominate your guy it will be more of the same. Independents don't like the far right policies it isn't just trumps personality they dislike. Nominate a moderate and maybe then they would have a shot. That's not happening though.

Man...I wouldn't bet DeSantis straight up yet over Trump...but I would gladly take him at the odds you guys are giving him.

He's far from done...he's barely started. The left has attacked him for years now, and Trump has attacked him for six months. The vast majority of potential Republican voters haven't seen him speak word one yet. All they have to form an opinion on is attack pieces from the left and from MAGA. The people who do know him, in Florida, reelected him by overwhelming margins.

This image that's been projected that he's some kind of half-retarded, mumble mouthed, anti-social lunatic is going to backfire when people (who are not already predisposed to hate any R get real exposure to him). The guy is incredibly smart, he can articulate policy, he's got a strong record of accomplishment, and he's politically savvy. There is plenty enough I don't particularly like about him but it's laughable what you make him out to be after what he's done in a state Obama won twice and which everyone declared purple before DeSantis showed up. He's going to make a damn lot of sense to people center to center-right.

The other thing is that he's going beat circles around Trump and every other R candidate on the organization. Was reading an interesting article (by a Democrat talking about how to revive the Democratic party in Florida, and nothing really to do with Desantis), and they made the point that only 50% of an election is the message, the other 50% they called the "blocking and tackling". And it's been awhile since we've seen a really great "blocking and tackling" campaign at the national level.

Desantis is going to have a massive edge on the blocking and tackling aspect...just methodically state by state doing the right things it takes to win elections.

I am NOT saying that makes him the favorite...but it's going to be a lot closer than people anticipate...he's nowhere near dead. And although a wide field favors Trump, it is also setting up how I speculated, with no-hoper candidates antagonizing Trump while DeSantis is focusing on Biden. Trump won't be able to help himself attacking Pence and Christie, DeSantis will barely need to go after Trump personally. As long as the no-hopers bail in time, it will help DeSantis.

I do believe IF DeSantis beats Trump, he beats Biden.

In 2016 he squeaked by a bad Dem opponent and in 2020 when he’d had a chance to perform in office he hammered his opponent.
If he does get the nomination he would hammer Biden. The contrast between a younger and far sharper man compared with Biden would be very clear. Far more so than Trump v. Biden, both of whom are too old for the job.

How did they win before? I think if Trump exits the Republicans can win back independents who wouldn’t vote for him in 2020.
The Electoral College has saved them.

The last two Republicans to win a majority of the popular vote in a presidential contest were father and son: George H.W. Bush in 1988 and George W. Bush in 2004. At no other point since the elder Bush’s first term came to a sudden end with the 1992 contest has a Republican won the popular vote at all, much less with a majority of votes cast. While Republicans have controlled the White House for 12 of the past 20 years, only four of those years have resulted from a Republican having gotten more votes than his Democratic opponent.

In 2016 he squeaked by a bad Dem opponent and in 2020 when he’d had a chance to perform in office he hammered his opponent.
If he does get the nomination he would hammer Biden. The contrast between a younger and far sharper man compared with Biden would be very clear. Far more so than Trump v. Biden, both of whom are too old for the job.
FDS

Trump's limp dick is sharper than DeSantis, lol.

Biden is twice as smart as Trump and DeSantis combined, even at diminished capacity due to age.

Come on. You were beating the drum that Trump would go away. I am not going back over a years worth of posts. Be honest.
I am being honest....I don't remember saying he'd disappear or go away. I have said the R's would be better off going with someone other than Trump. I have said he won't be the nominee and I'm sticking with that. The dude ain't going way though....

There's a search function so you don't have to go through a year of posts FWIW.

Trump's limp dick is sharper than DeSantis, lol.

Biden is twice as smart as Trump and DeSantis combined, even at diminished capacity due to age.
Twice as smart? Okay.
I can’t decide if that’s hysterically funny or frighteningly delusional.

Not if they nominate your guy it will be more of the same. Independents don't like the far right policies it isn't just trumps personality they dislike. Nominate a moderate and maybe then they would have a shot. That's not happening though.

Independents in Florida went to Desantis by 8 points.

I am being honest....I don't remember saying he'd disappear or go away. I have said the R's would be better off going with someone other than Trump. I have said he won't be the nominee and I'm sticking with that. The dude ain't going way though....

There's a search function so you don't have to go through a year of posts FWIW.
Oh please. I am not searching through a year of posts and threads. I am sure others will remember you assertion. You really aren't being honest.

Oh, how pray tell will someone who outlawed gender surgery for children every have a chance with normal voters? He's doomed I say!

Oh no, Ron is too mean to drag queens! He's toast with independents!

https://news.gallup.com/poll/506765/social-conservatism-highest-decade.aspx
The article reads that it is an increase in Republican responses that is responsible for the change.

"The increase in conservative identification on social issues over the past two years is seen among nearly all political and demographic subgroups. Republicans show one of the largest increases, from 60% in 2021 to 74% today. Independents show a modest uptick of five percentage points, from 24% to 29%, while there has been no change among Democrats (10% in both 2021 and 2023)."

And Disney is getting bitch slapped at the box office again. Little Mermaid has tanked. 🧜🏼‍♀️
Fans seem to love it:

and the 💰💵💲hasn't been paltry--$326 mil

How much has The Little Mermaid made at the box office?​

The Little Mermaid remake has made more than $326 million at the worldwide box office so far, according to Box Office Mojo.

This includes approximately $186 million from domestic markets and $140 million from international audiences.

Fans seem to love it:

and the 💰💵💲hasn't been paltry--$326 mil

How much has The Little Mermaid made at the box office?​

The Little Mermaid remake has made more than $326 million at the worldwide box office so far, according to Box Office Mojo.

This includes approximately $186 million from domestic markets and $140 million from international audiences.

It is hilarious how they run to this board with fresh takes from a.m. radio and Fox then go radio silent when actual reality is presented.

Who didn't expect it? You act like political ads don't dominate for a year around election time. We already see tons of MAGA ads. You also stated that Trump would disappear a LONG time ago.
Exactly.

I actually got a chuckle out of Trump’s “Ron DeSalestax” ad that just appeared. Neighbors and I were all talking about it.

He is going to eat Ron alive.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
It is hilarious how they run to this board with fresh takes from a.m. radio and Fox then go radio silent when actual reality is presented.

I don’t have AM radio and I don’t watch Fox.

FyEK-NYagAAYUPe

Get this in stores!!! STAT!!!!

(but go with blue jeans and white boots for the commercial version)

• Haha
Reactions: blhawk
Sure are!

Misleading headline is misleading.

Largest response group was "too restrictive", which was nearly half.
And more than half the respondents aren't in the "child-bearing" age demographic that is directly affected by the rules.

A May 2018 Gallup survey found that 60 percent of adults believe that abortion should be legal during the first three months of pregnancy,

I think he needs to tread lightly on the abortion issue. The 6 week ban is too far for most Americans.

I also think he needs to tread lightly on the trans bans. I think he should stick to banning kids gender care, but leave adult stuff alone, but commit to researching this issue more.

I think there is a fear among some people that he will swing too far right. But I don't think people are writing him off yet, they are just waiting to see how it plays out.

If he stays in the right middle, he can beat trump.

Trump is a narcissistic loose cannon. People would love to vote for someone with similar policies, but more presidential like. We will see if desantis fits the bill.
He's saying he wants to destroy the liberals. Eliminate us. That doesn't seem very middle anything to me.

He's saying he wants to destroy the liberals. Eliminate us. That doesn't seem very middle anything to me.

As I'd already posted before - if any "liberal" ran on that platform to "eliminate conservatives and conservatism", they would not be a frontrunner for the party nomination.

But @Hawk_82 gulps that shit down like he's at a gay men's orgy. Then claims he's an "independent" and being with gay people at an orgy doesn't make him gay.

"$20 is $20"

• Haha
Reactions: blhawk
Christ did it. If he can, CHRISTIE will obliterate him. Popcorn will be ready for that debate.

Lazy Charlie Crist had DeFelon on the verge of tears. Christie will sentence him to a lifetime of therapy. Buy a case of popcorn. The demolition will be epic.

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT