ADVERTISEMENT

Has DeSantis petered out?

Sure are!

Christ did it. If he can, CHRISTIE will obliterate him. Popcorn will be ready for that debate.

Christie is a kamikaze aimed at Trump, which he will then parlay into a lucrative talking head career as a "Republican" on CNN and/or MSNBC, unless DeSantis goes all the way, in which case he'll get an administration job. I expect minimal firepower toward DeSantis.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I just shared what was in the Wall Street Journal.
To defend your move from Trump to DeSantis, another godawful human. You're a better person than either of those two, so why you would vote for them I have no idea, because they are AWFUL people. Clearly awful.

You hate, understandably, when someone tries to bully you around. You don't take shit...but you will turn around and vote for bullies. It makes no sense. You vote for something you can't stand in a person.

Reactions: littlez
Christie is a kamikaze aimed at Trump, which he will then parlay into a lucrative talking head career as a "Republican" on CNN and/or MSNBC, unless DeSantis goes all the way, in which case he'll get an administration job. I expect minimal firepower toward DeSantis.
I hear you but if Christie gets on that stage and THINKS he can win, he'll have no problem eliminating DeSantis from the equation, just like he did with Rubio.

Sure are!

Thanks, I wonder if anything has changed since 2019. It seemed like something occurred last year. Either way, the age bracket results were surprising to me at least in the "Too lenient" category.

Viewpoint18-3435-4950-6465+
Too lenient27%18%21%17%
Too restrictive43%45%41%52%
Just right30%36%38%31%

Edit, to not just be a freeloader and expect you to do all the work, I decided to just google it to see if there are any more recent polls than one over four years old.

6-week-line-chart-SITE-1200x861.png

Last edited:
Thanks, I wonder if anything has changed since 2019. It seemed like something occurred last year. Either way, the age bracket results were surprising to me at least in the "Too lenient" category.

Viewpoint18-3435-4950-6465+
Too lenient27%18%21%17%
Too restrictive43%45%41%52%
Just right30%36%38%31%

Edit, to not just be a freeloader and expect you to do all the work, I decided to just google it to see if there are any more recent polls than one over four years old.

6-week-line-chart-SITE-1200x861.png

Yep and look at that trend line. 27% to 40% in a year.

Also, keep in mind that both "Abortion throughout pregnancy" people and "Abortion never allowed at any stage of pregnancy" are likely both included in the Oppose. I would have to see the exact wording of the question, but remember there are like 25% of people who don't think abortion should be allowed at all.

If that's the case, the 40% is pretty close to the 34% from the poll I posted that said 6 weeks was just about right...tracks.

Go ahead and look up what the support is for the Biden/Democrat position...no restriction on abortion through all 9 months. It's incredibly low.

The only danger on the issue for Republicans or Desantis is if they signal that they aren't stopping here, and want to pass a zero abortion policy. If they signal that, or if the Democrats can effectively paint them with that, the issue is a problem. Otherwise it's not.

Most people support restrictions on abortion after the 6-12 week range, and that has barely changed in forever. They want neither zero tolerance on abortion, nor abortion past the first trimester. If, and its still a big IF, Republicans can take the position that they are relatively satisfied with the 6-8-12 week bans they've managed to put in place...they put this issue to bed for the first time in 50 years, and with the public. Democrats will never be able to hurt the Republicans on the issue again, they will never win the issue by pushing for 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions, other than in areas that would never go Republican in a million years anyway.

And it's not changing...the boomers are the most doctrinaire pro-choice, 9 month abortion generation, for a lot of reasons. The country isn't going to get any more pro choice than it has been.

Reactions: ThorneStockton

Ron DeSantis' Approval Rating Has Collapsed​

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has seen his approval rating fall dramatically two weeks after announcing his 2024 presidential bid.

According to online polling company Civiqs' dynamic approval rating graph, DeSantis currently has a net approval rating of negative 19 points, with an average of 55 percent of respondents disapproving of him, compared with 36 percent who have a favorable view of the Republican.

The data shows DeSantis has a major unfavorable rating from those aged 18-34 (63 percent), women (62 percent), as well as African Americans (85 percent), and the Hispanic/Latino population (68 percent).

In comparison, the Florida Governor's overall approval and disapproval rating was tied at 47 percent in early December.
Ron DeSantis in South Carolina

Presidential candidate and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis listens to his wife speak to a crowd on June 2, 2023, in Gilbert, South Carolina. DeSantis' approval rating has fallen 19 points over the past few months, according to Civiqs.GETTY IMAGES/SEAN RAYFORD
Around this time, suggestions that DeSantis should be the one to lead the GOP in 2024 were gaining momentum after many—including those in the Republican Party—blamed Donald Trump for the party's poor midterm performance. A number of candidates endorsed by the former president lost their races in elections across the country.

In the subsequent months, DeSantis' approval rating has fallen 19 points, with polls continuing to suggest that Trump is the overwhelming favorite to clinch the GOP presidential nomination in 2024 despite his continuing legal difficulties.

These include Trump pleading not guilty to 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in a historic first for a former president in New York and being found liable in a civil trial of sexually abusing former Elle columnist E. Jean Carroll in the mid-1990s.

DeSantis could take solace in the fact that Trump is currently recording a higher disapproval rating at 57 percent in Civiqs' tracker, with the former president recording disapproval scores in the mid-50s for most of the year.

However, according to FiveThirtyEight's collection of GOP primary polls, Trump has come out on top in all the most recent surveys dating back to March, with a recent Morning Consult poll published June 6 showing the former president 34 points ahead of the Florida Governor (56-22 percent).

The Morning Consult survey also showed that DeSantis is failing to chip into Trump's lead in the polls since confirming he is running for president in a glitchy May 24 Twitter Space announcement.

DeSantis' poll numbers have remained stagnant compared to the previous Morning Consult survey from May 20 (21 percent), and down from his high of 34 percent recorded in January.

The latest survey showed that a fourth of potential primary voters reported hearing something negative about DeSantis over the past week, the highest share since tracking began in late November.

DeSantis' office has been contacted for comment via email.

https://www.newsweek.com/ron-desantis-approval-rating-2024-polls-1805073#:~:text=The data shows DeSantis has,Latino population (68 percent).

FyEK-NYagAAYUPe
I don’t see his peter out. ;)

I called this in numerous threads on this board months ago. DeSantis may have the most inept campaign staff around him that has ever been witnessed. Couple that with his lack of charisma, horrible policy positions and acting in public like a smug alien robot incapable of human interaction and this is the results you get. Like many of those educated at elite Ivy League league schools, brimming with intelligence (allegedly) but completely devoid of common sense. He’s done, the popcorn is popped, just sit back and enjoy the theatrics and absurdity of it all.

Once again, Jeb! will have had the more successful presidential campaign of the two. Now it’s a battle between Little Marco and Meatball Ron for third place. My money is on Little Marco as DeFelon isn’t done imploding.

I called this in numerous threads on this board months ago. DeSantis may have the most inept campaign staff around him that has ever been witnessed. Couple that with his lack of charisma, horrible policy positions and acting in public like a smug alien robot incapable of human interaction and this is the results you get. Like many of those educated at elite Ivy League league schools, brimming with intelligence (allegedly) but completely devoid of common sense. He’s done, the popcorn is popped, just sit back and enjoy the theatrics and absurdity of it all.
This, but he's also a pussy. Trump had 37 indictments dropped on him this week, and DeSantis immediately groveled at Trump's feet. To paraphrase what many have said in a variety of ways, if you want to be the king, you got to kill the king. DeSantis is not giving the voters a compelling reason to turn away from Trump. He seems content to sit in the shadows, waiting for someone else to kill the king, hoping he can then run out from the shadows and seize the nomination.

Pence will undoubtedly fold and endorse Ron at some point to give him an artifical polling boost. Question is how much he tries to go after Trump before he bails.

Pence will undoubtedly fold and endorse Ron at some point to give him an artifical polling boost. Question is how much he tries to go after Trump before he bails.

:D

Pence is gonna give him a polling boost? There are two people in America who are Pence supporters, and that's assuming that he doesn't make the mistake of being within 20 feet of another woman, which would cost him his wife's support.

:D

Pence is gonna give him a polling boost? There are two people in America who are Pence supporters, and that's assuming that he doesn't make the mistake of being within 20 feet of another woman, which would cost him his wife's support.
He's allegedly at 5% polling (not sure I believe it) but if his 5 all of a sudden goes to desantis at 22 it looks like he makes a big jump in popularity (even if it's made up). Media optics are a thing, unfortunately. I agree, the real number of people who actively endorse and support Pence has to be in the low hundreds at best. He's milk toast establishment with minimal personality.

He's allegedly at 5% polling (not sure I believe it) but if his 5 all of a sudden goes to desantis at 22 it looks like he makes a big jump in popularity (even if it's made up). Media optics are a thing, unfortunately. I agree, the real number of people who actively endorse and support Pence has to be in the low hundreds at best. He's milk toast establishment with minimal personality.

I'm extremely skeptical that Pence has the support of 5% of the Republican Party. Maybe in his home state, but no way in hell he has that much support nationwide.

Decide whether to build a native app (specific to a particular platform, such as Android or iOS), a hybrid app (using web technologies wrapped in a native container), or a progressive web app mlsdev.com/blog/how-to-make-a-booking-app (a web-based app that behaves like a native app). Consider factors such as development cost, time to market, and user experience.

Last edited:
Wob

He is cratering. 15 percent or lower. I will say it again, there is only one Donald Trump, who has this bizarre cult of personality built over 40 years of being a blundering and bullying billionaire which allows him to behave and act the way he does and somehow be likable to these people.

Red meat Ron does not have that and comes off like the fake and petulant dork in 4 inch lifts that he is. He is not translating outside of Florida, and even here people are having their doubts. People forget this guy beat an unknown and FBI investigation tainted Andrew Gillium in his first race by just 30 thousand votes. Gwen Graham would have beat him fairly easily. But the Democrats of Florida are a special breed of stupid.

In the Marist poll, Trump has seen an eight-point jump since February; 76 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning voters now view him favorably.

Americans overall feel very differently. More than half say Trump should drop out of the presidential race, including 58 percent of independents.

But, for Republicans, nearly two-thirds say Trump will have their support in the GOP primary. Just one-third say they will support another candidate. As the number of primary candidates continues to grow, they will need to change many Republican minds before voting begins early next year.

Reactions: billanole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT