ADVERTISEMENT

Has DeSantis Yet Taken Those Calls from Harris Regarding Hurricane Aid?

So glad a deadly hurricane can be political.

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

It looks like the Harris folks completely made up a story.
If you are dealing with the manager, and have a clear and concise plan of attack, why would you want to talk to the assistant manager?

(Especially since the AM has ZERO authority.)

Honestly what needs to happen is Joe needs to tell her to stay in her lane, but. That would require leadership.

He has spoke with Biden, That's never been disputed.
Apparently he has. After getting a lot of heat for not speaking to Harris. It really shouldn't take bad press to get Ron to do this.

"The White House said that Ron DeSantis and Joe Biden spoke Monday night following reports that the Republican governor of Florida had refused calls from the president and Vice President Kamala Harris as officials continue hurricane recovery efforts and prepare for another to make landfall later this week."

Apparently he has. After getting a lot of heat for not speaking to Harris. It really shouldn't take bad press to get Ron to do this.

"The White House said that Ron DeSantis and Joe Biden spoke Monday night following reports that the Republican governor of Florida had refused calls from the president and Vice President Kamala Harris as officials continue hurricane recovery efforts and prepare for another to make landfall later this week."

They also spoke before Harris’s lie

It took up until last night for Ron to finally return Biden's calls. Don't you think it's a tad late in the game for him to finally do this?
False.

During Ron’s press conference yesterday he was asked about the Harris comments. He said he had already spoken with Biden and the head of FEMA.

Looks like they spoke again last night.

Reactions: TornadoHawk93
I appreciate how everyone in this thread pretends these figureheads do anything more than a photo op during these kind of phone calls.

As if actual plans are made and shared between them, etc.

Just absurd, but clearly the theater is appreciated and expected.

Reactions: cohawk
Huey,

From the same article You posted.

The governor said he was thankful to Biden for approving everything they needed thus far, adding that if they need additional help, he “will not hesitate” to give him a call.

“We want to use whatever resources are available to be able to help Floridians prepare and respond to this storm. But everything we’ve asked for from President Biden, he has approved, and we do think we’ll get more approvals for some of the individual assistance and the debris removal after landfall,” DeSantis said.

The governor of a state about to get wrecked by a hurricane waited until last night to finally talk to the president about it. Do you think this is a wise strategy?
They just went through a hurricane last week. Why is two days before the next one some sort of bad time to call? That seems like the appropriate time to talk. The governor is dealing with all kinds of shit, getting all of his agencies and people ready to deal with it. Do you not think if he needed something from Biden he wouldn't have asked for it or hasn't already?

You can spin factor this all you want but the facts are the two guys who needed to talk and make decisions, did, and as Ron stated, this isn't his first rodeo.

Kamala looks desperate for attention.

The joy is gone.
You guys crack me up. If she hadn’t contacted Ron you would have criticized her. She did and you criticize her. It’s almost like you criticize her no matter what.

Only person making this political is Harris.

Trying to pretend she has a role in this…after having zero role the last 3 and half years.

Ridiculous

I’m surprised you guys haven’t brought back one of your hits from a couple years ago about Harris saying black people should be getting money first after Ian.
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u6.jpg

You guys crack me up. If she hadn’t contacted Ron you would have criticized her. She did and you criticize her. It’s almost like you criticize her no matter what.

And ignoring that he has a history of being confrontational and standoffish with Democrats in DC in similar situations. These are the same people that likely lambasted Chris Cristie for appearing with and acknowledging help from Obama.

For those that remember recent history, this resembles what happened back when Obama ran for President and Governor Chris Christie was seen and heard praising Obama for the Hurricane Sandy response.

Many, many Republicans criticized Christie and blamed him for Obama's victory.

Republicans have long been the "Party before Country" group.
If DeSantis is perceived as acknowledging that the WH is instrumental in hurricane assistance, his 2028 ambitions are toast.
Edit...Jerome beat me by a minute.😁

I’m surprised you guys haven’t brought back one of your hits from a couple years ago about Harris saying black people should be getting money first after Ian.
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u6.jpg
What's this "you guys" BS? I never posted "Harris saying black people should be getting money first after Ian."

Stop making shit up.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT