ADVERTISEMENT

Hat tip to Tyler Barnes

One, Tyler is not a blood relative to KF and two, he is actually good at his job so no need to replace him unless he is the worst recruiting coordinator in the country.
It's still nepotism, which a lot of posters (not me) have been screaming about with the basketball and football programs for years. Apparently it's ok if the guy performs well.

I don't really care about nepotism - only performance.

It's still nepotism, which a lot of posters (not me) have been screaming about with the basketball and football programs for years. Apparently it's ok if the guy performs well.

I don’t know if TB reports to KF or now BG. That’s something Chad L or Scott D can let us know as that will tell us by the book if it is a nepotism issue or not. I’d think it is not and TB reports to KF but I hear you and glad it’s over with BF and will be under Fran after this season unless PMac decides to take his Covid year at Iowa then Jack decides to play at Iowa which I can’t see happening due to the desire to play elewhere and leave IC.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur

“Nepotism is the unfair use of power in order to get jobs or other benefits for your family or friends, like when the coach chooses his own kid to be the quarterback even if his kid stinks at football.“

Brian sucked at his job but was never going to lose it so long as Kirk had say-so. That’s nepotism. Tyler Barnes doesn’t suck at his job and therefore there is nothing unfair about him keeping his job. So, not nepotism.

Imagine someone accusing Pete Maravich at LSU of being the benefactor of nepotism. Lol. By your definition, Pistol Pete was no different than CMac. 😂 Not exactly.

This is how the adults in a room manage a setback.
Don't confuse us with adults. Please.

When Kaydn announced he was going to Alabama.

Sad Baby GIF

When Kaydn announced he was coming to Iowa.

happy labor day GIF

Oh yes, we're very stable.

You should have seen what Iowa fans were saying to him on social media.

It was ugly.
Not true Iowa fans IMO, and certainly they are enormous douchebags. Was I happy about his late flip to 'Bama? Absolutely not, but it takes a special kind of moron to light him up all over social media over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
“Nepotism is the unfair use of power in order to get jobs or other benefits for your family or friends, like when the coach chooses his own kid to be the quarterback even if his kid stinks at football.“

Brian sucked at his job but was never going to lose it so long as Kirk had say-so. That’s nepotism. Tyler Barnes doesn’t suck at his job and therefore there is nothing unfair about him keeping his job. So, not nepotism.

Imagine someone accusing Pete Maravich at LSU of being the benefactor of nepotism. Lol. By your definition, Pistol Pete was no different than CMac. 😂 Not exactly.
The "unfair" in that definition refers to the use of power to get a family member of friend an opportunity. It's nepotism whether it works out or not.

There are several other definitions of nepotism that don't use the word unfair at all, just using influence to provide opportunities to family or friends.

To quote others in these nepotism discussions., was Tyler the most qualified individual available?

Again, I don't really care. It's just sort of ironic considering the outrage on others.

Reactions: kceasthawk
The "unfair" in that definition refers to the use of power to get a family member of friend an opportunity. It's nepotism whether it works out or not.

I'm pretty sure Tyler Barnes has been in his position since before he married into the Ferentz family.

There are several other definitions of nepotism that don't use the word unfair at all, just using influence to provide opportunities to family or friends.

To quote others in these nepotism discussions., was Tyler the most qualified individual available?

Again, I don't really care. It's just sort of ironic considering the outrage on others.
Take the L, friend.

Don't confuse us with adults. Please.

When Kaydn announced he was going to Alabama.

Sad Baby GIF

When Kaydn announced he was coming to Iowa.

happy labor day GIF

Oh yes, we're very stable.
It's been proven that most Iowa fans are controlled by their limbic systems. That's how you end up with wives of Iowa fans giving rizzubs & tizzugs in the bathrooms at bowl games & whatnot, or Iowa fans getting blackout drunk and throwing up in their neighbor's seats at the stadium. They're kind of like Missouri fans in this way, but possibly worse.

It's been proven that most Iowa fans are controlled by their limbic systems. That's how you end up with wives of Iowa fans giving rizzubs & tizzugs in the bathrooms at bowl games & whatnot, or Iowa fans getting blackout drunk and throwing up in their neighbor's seats at the stadium. They're kind of like Missouri fans in this way, but possibly worse.
Nebraska fans are by far and away the worst. AINEC. The fact so many of you losers have nothing else going for you other than to troll an Iowa message board is testament to that.

Look, we are truly sorry the 1990s are a thing of the past and Lil Debbie fans have been searching aimlessly for purpose and meaning in life for the past three decades, but I can promise you an Iowa message board is not where the healing begins. And yes, we get it. Nebraska was once a blue blood and Iowa never has been. No one here cares.

I hope you find professional help soon and the validation you and your brethren apparently are in such desperate need of. Again, I just don’t think an Iowa message board is where you’re going to find it. Good luck.

Btw, Nebraska people comparing anyone to white trash is like Melissa McCarthy comparing someone to a cow. Lol.

Nebraska fans are by far and away the worst. AINEC. The fact so many of you losers have nothing else going for you other than to troll an Iowa message board is testament to that.

Look, we are truly sorry the 1990s are a thing of the past and Lil Debbie fans have been searching aimlessly for purpose and meaning in life for the past three decades, but I can promise you an Iowa message board is not where the healing begins. And yes, we get it. Nebraska was once a blue blood and Iowa never has been. No one here cares.

I hope you find professional help soon and the validation you and your brethren apparently are in such desperate need of. Again, I just don’t think an Iowa message board is where you’re going to find it. Good luck.

Btw, Nebraska people comparing anyone to white trash is like Melissa McCarthy comparing someone to a cow. Lol.
That's right. We can make fun of ourselves, but outsiders, STFU.

The limbic system is the part of the brain involved in our behavioural and emotional responses, especially when it comes to behaviours we need for survival: feeding, reproduction and caring for our young, and fight or flight responses.

Limbic system on display.

The limbic system is the part of the brain involved in our behavioural and emotional responses, especially when it comes to behaviours we need for survival: feeding, reproduction and caring for our young, and fight or flight responses.
Right - ie. not higher executive functions. Although it is encouraging to see that an Iowa fan was curious enough to look it up. I have hope for you. You might even have the ability to be funny.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT