ADVERTISEMENT

Have we discussed Coach Prime going to Colorado?

WOB? Or just a dumbass?

“Deion is a polarizing personality and what he wasn’t able to accomplish on the field in year one he accomplished by putting money back in the school’s coiffures and bringing back interest to the football program and selling out games. It’s not a coach of the year award. Deion being named Sportsperson of the year makes sense. It’s a no brainer.”
Could be an intentional play on words?

Reactions: TJ8869
As I watch the Cowboys and Seahawks on TNF they are running promos for Prime, the series following Deion at Colorado.
Counter point on the AP site today. A story about the scores of players Deion flushed when he arrived in Boulder. It's less glamorous, and The Rock apparently didn't want to talk about hard working kids getting flushed.
https://apnews.com/article/deion-sanders-colorado-recruiting-55240a9daa98af60b93d9fe3c65c6a9c

It's like it is all scripted ... :)

As I watch the Cowboys and Seahawks on TNF they are running promos for Prime, the series following Deion at Colorado.
Counter point on the AP site today. A story about the scores of players Deion flushed when he arrived in Boulder. It's less glamorous, and The Rock apparently didn't want to talk about hard working kids getting flushed.
https://apnews.com/article/deion-sanders-colorado-recruiting-55240a9daa98af60b93d9fe3c65c6a9c
A lot of people are enamored of the way he revamped the roster. Not me. There’s a reason that his mass overhaul is unprecedented - because it was morally repugnant.

I get that the program was down and there was some dead weight. But he literally ran off 90% of the existing roster before he even had a chance to properly evaluate them. You just don’t treat people that way.

“I’m bringing my own luggage and it’s Louis.”

I’ve never owned a piece of Louis Vuitton luggage. But if it’s shiny and dazzling and falls apart the fourth time you use it then maybe he was correct.

Colorado lost 8 of their 9 conference games. They were arrogant and brash and undisciplined. Deion threw his offensive coordinator under the bus the minute things started going poorly.

He whined about start times. The man named himself Coach Prime and then bitched about having to play in prime time.

Deion certainly energized a program that was in dire need of energy. But it’s not going to be for long. He’s not in this for the long haul. He’s never been in anything for the long haul. Everything he has ever done has been for the moment. The Deion Sanders Experiment at Colorado is going to end sooner than later and it’s going to be ugly when it does. And then they’re back to
square one.

Last edited:
A lot of people are enamored of the way he revamped the roster. Not me. There’s a reason that his mass overhaul is unprecedented - because it was morally repugnant.

I get that the program was down and there was some dead weight. But he literally ran off 90% of the existing roster before he even had a chance to properly evaluate them. You just don’t treat people that way.

I’ve never owned a piece of Louis Vitton luggage. But if it’s shiny and dazzling and falls apart the fourth time you use it then maybe he was correct.

Colorado lost 8 of their 9 conference games. They were arrogant and brash and undisciplined. Deion threw his offensive coordinator under the bus the minute things started going poorly.

He whined about start times. The man named himself Coach Prime and then bitched about having to play in prime time.

Deion certainly energized a program that was in dire need of energy. But it’s not going to be for long. He’s not in this for the long haul. He’s never been in anything for the long haul. Everything he has ever done has been for the moment. The Deion Sanders Experiment at Colorado is going to end sooner than later and it’s going to be ugly when it does. And then they’re back to
square one.
denzel washington GIF

I’ve never owned a piece of Louis Vitton luggage. But if it’s shiny and dazzling and falls apart the fourth time you use it then maybe he was correct.

square one.
Lotta words there

Reactions: Moral
Their schedule in 2024:

North Dakota State
@ Nebraska
@ Colorado St.
@ Arizona
Utah
Baylor
Okie State
Kansas St.
Cincinnati
@ Kansas
@ Texas Tech
@ UCF

Utah will be absolutely loaded, Kansas will be very good, but that looks like a lot of tossups to me. And in close games, coaching and discipline are paramount. So, not great for Colorado.

Reactions: fsu1jreed and Moral
Their schedule in 2024:

North Dakota State
@ Nebraska
@ Colorado St.
@ Arizona
Utah
Baylor
Okie State
Kansas St.
Cincinnati
@ Kansas
@ Texas Tech
@ UCF

Utah will be absolutely loaded, Kansas will be very good, but that looks like a lot of tossups to me. And in close games, coaching and discipline are paramount. So, not great for Colorado.
At Texas Tech and at UCF are tough places to play.

Oregon was lucky to make it out of Lubbock with a win. Prime’s showmanship will definitely bring a lively crowd to the bounce house.

Their schedule in 2024:

North Dakota State
@ Nebraska
@ Colorado St.
@ Arizona
Utah
Baylor
Okie State
Kansas St.
Cincinnati
@ Kansas
@ Texas Tech
@ UCF

5 straight home games, sandwiched by a pair of 3 road games? Who made that schedule up?

Their schedule in 2024:

North Dakota State
@ Nebraska
@ Colorado St.
@ Arizona
Utah
Baylor
Okie State
Kansas St.
Cincinnati
@ Kansas
@ Texas Tech
@ UCF

I see 4, maybe 5 wins next year, that's if, as others have mentioned, discipline is improved. If not, 3

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I see 4, maybe 5 wins next year, that's if, as others have mentioned, discipline is improved. If not, 3
I see six teams they should beat and three that are tossups. If they aren't at least bowl eligible next year, it will be considered taking a step back.

Stephen A is drunk…..FSU would be in the playoffs if Deion was our coach and we were 13-0.

Stephen A is drunk…..FSU would be in the playoffs if Deion was our coach and we were 13-0.

FSU would be in the playoffs if Georgia won the SEC championship. The only reason they're not is because Alabama won and ESPN couldn't fathom leaving the SEC out of the playoffs. Then they couldn't put a one loss Alabama in without putting in the team that beat them.

All the other excuses are just attempts to cover up the real reason.

Prime is now blaming the hype machine for Colorado losing 8 of their last 9 games. You know, the same hype machine that he created.

This is the same guy who nicknamed himself Prime Time and Coach Prime and then whined about having to play several games in prime time.

I don’t think it’s even possible to make up more pathetic story lines.

Prime is now blaming the hype machine for Colorado losing 8 of their last 9 games. You know, the same hype machine that he created.

This is the same guy who nicknamed himself Prime Time and Coach Prime and then whined about having to play several games in prime time.

I don’t think it’s even possible to make up more pathetic story lines.
I saw that he was upset he didn't get more privacy at Colorado. like... dude, they did a ****ing documentary on him. what was he expecting?

Grifter.

He's too busy shooting commercials and hyping himself up in interviews to recruit; he thought his flair would have kids running to him rather than him having to actually put the work in. He was wrong.

6 high school kids signed with CU yesterday, ranking this just under the 100th class in all of college football. I can't imagine many portal guys with skill want to come to that mess.

It'll be fun watching this whole thing continue to blow up in his arrogant face.

Grifter.

He's too busy shooting commercials and hyping himself up in interviews to recruit; he thought his flair would have kids running to him rather than him having to actually put the work in. He was wrong.

6 high school kids signed with CU yesterday, ranking this just under the 100th class in all of college football. I can't imagine many portal guys with skill want to come to that mess.

It'll be fun watching this whole thing continue to blow up in his arrogant face.
I don’t get the sense recruiting is as important to him as succeeding in the transfer portal. The way college football is these days I’m not sure he’s wrong.

Time will tell, I guess.

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
Grifter.

This is actually by design. Deion is on the record stating that his extensive use of the transfer portal wasn't just a one-time thing to quickly revamp the roster. I don't recall the exact percentages, but he said that going forward he wants his standard recruiting to be something like 50-75% portal and only about 25-50% high school recruits.

This is actually by design. Deion is on the record stating that his extensive use of the transfer portal wasn't just a one-time thing to quickly revamp the roster. I don't recall the exact percentages, but he said that going forward he wants his standard recruiting to be something like 50-75% portal and only about 25-50% high school recruits.

I suppose time will tell, but trying to build a new team every year with 20-30 new personalities doesn't seem to be a great model in my eyes.

And if it doesn't look much better this year why would top portal guys look to go to Boulder in the future? He's pulled in some new OL so far but he's also had a lot of guys decommit; it appears many players and/or their families are noticing some chips in the fancy paint job.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I suppose time will tell, but trying to build a new team every year with 20-30 new personalities doesn't seem to be a great model in my eyes.

And if it doesn't look much better this year why would top portal guys look to go to Boulder in the future? He's pulled in some new OL so far but he's also had a lot of guys decommit; it appears many players and/or their families are noticing some chips in the fancy paint job.
It's not going to work. You have to build a good base with HS kids that grow and mesh together. After that you fill in some holes with the portal. Much like FA in the NFL, the portal exists to replace a few positions you were unable to do so through recruiting/the draft. It's not meant to build a team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT