ADVERTISEMENT

Have we discussed Coach Prime going to Colorado?

It's like they don't teach fundamentals at all. Makes me wonder what the hell their practices are like.... because they seem to not be actually teaching anything regarding technique.

Great coaches are typically great teachers, and I don't think Deion can teach the game because he was so athletically gifted he didn't have to sweat the fundamentals.
That's because Deion isn't a coach. He's a PR guy. He's a salesman.

That's because Deion isn't a coach. He's a PR guy. He's a salesman.
A lot of those kids transfer portaled to Colorado because they believed Prime was their ticket to the NFL. Those kids are a lot dumber than the ones who want to play for Saban and Kirby because they know those guys will “get them ready” to play in the NFL. That’s the difference.

Reactions: srams21
How many games did the greatest coach in the history of the Big Ten West win his first year?

I would say Sanders had a good first season considering what he inherited.

It’s so dumb to highlight or count on a player commitment for the year after next. These kids change their minds almost as often as ADs and coaches.

Not only can a recruit easily flip, but also CURRENT players.

Coaches are now spending tons of time and resources just to KEEP players.

You will never convince me that the NIL is a good thing.

I hate everything about it.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
High school kids decommitting from a program when the sizzle fizzles, not a huge shocker. CU will have plenty of quality players, they need to get better in the trenches though to continue the progress from this year. I believe that's called building a program, let's see if Deion can make it happen at the P5 level...
On balance I still think it was a great hire and see the following positives and negatives to the year.

Positives:

CU headed to the Big 12, likely would’ve been the Mountain West but for the buzz over Deion.

CU is back on the map - worse than criticism is apathy, and nobody gave a crap about CU football for the last 10 years or more. Even student applications were up.

They were not far off from a winning season- the PAC 12 was tough this year and they were in all but two games to the very end.

They at least have a chance for better players. The team last year was awful.

Deion is pretty good at dealing with the press.

Negatives:

Didn’t like Deion bashing the OL. He’s right, but didn’t need to be said, IMO. It’s college football - you’re never going to have a team full of superstars performing at peak.

Stanford game was a season-changer.

Still don’t know what happened with Sean Lewis getting demoted. I suspect we don’t know the full story but that seemed like an impulsive move that might hurt the chances of getting good assistants in the future.

On balance I still think it was a great hire and see the following positives and negatives to the year.

Positives:

CU headed to the Big 12, likely would’ve been the Mountain West but for the buzz over Deion.

CU is back on the map - worse than criticism is apathy, and nobody gave a crap about CU football for the last 10 years or more. Even student applications were up.

They were not far off from a winning season- the PAC 12 was tough this year and they were in all but two games to the very end.

Negatives:

Didn’t like Deion bashing the OL. He’s right, but didn’t need to be said, IMO. It’s college football - you’re never going to have a team full of superstars performing at peak.

Still don’t know what happened with Sean Lewis getting demoted. I suspect we don’t know the full story but that seemed like an impulsive move that might hurt the chances of getting good assistants in the future.
Pretty much agree with all of that (particularly the danger of apathy). If they don't blow that Stanford game, I think they would have found a way to win one of the last few close games to become bowl eligible. Still some major progress when you compare to 2022.

Also, facilities continue to improve, and a new south end zone jumbotron will be nice.
Very intrigued to see what next year will bring.

It also might not happen on a team with a strong leader. Just look at Deions kid if you want to know the kind of program he is running. FSU fans saying they dodged a bullet is sour grapes, IMO.
He’s not a good corner.

High school kids decommitting from a program when the sizzle fizzles, not a huge shocker. CU will have plenty of quality players, they need to get better in the trenches though to continue the progress from this year. I believe that's called building a program, let's see if Deion can make it happen at the P5 level...
One of those QB decommitted because Shedeur announced he’s coming back next season.

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
How many games did the greatest coach in the history of the Big Ten West win his first year?

I agree with this 100%. However, it could have been MUCH better had they focused on the football imo.

Ahhhh, yes. The situations were so similar. I remember Kirk bringing a 4* QB and a 5* CB/WR with him as well as having a portal with over 1000 kids in it eligible to play immediately.

It's not really fair to compare last year's Colorado team to this year's and say look what he did with what he inherited. This year's team is completely different. I think there were only 10 holdovers from last year

Completely agree, huge improvement and Deion deserves credit. That being said, if he had any kind of humility he would not be getting so much hate. Deion, still got the receipt's? lol.

One of those QB decommitted because Shedeur announced he’s coming back next season.

Where did you hear that? I would assume it would have to be the 2024 recruit, but the article I read said that he decommitted mostly because his ties are primarily with the OC who got demoted & he was not comfortable with the new OC.
If it is the 2025 commit, I find that baffling. He should WANT Shedeur to stay next year & then leave, so he has a wide open competition for the starting spot as a freshman. If Shedeur leaves, a new guy has the chance to cement the starting spot next season.

Coach Prime sends strong message about the future in final press conference of Colorado’s season

Not only can a recruit easily flip, but also CURRENT players.

Coaches are now spending tons of time and resources just to KEEP players.

You will never convince me that the NIL is a good thing.

I hate everything about it.
Well, what we have now isn't NIL. What we have now is pay to play which is why kids are being offered million dollar contracts before they've even done anything. What's frustrating is the NCAA had 10 years to control this but since they wouldn't they can't do anything now. Instead, they have taken a more, "Fine, you want it, you get it" when this is not what people were asking for.

Well, what we have now isn't NIL. What we have now is pay to play which is why kids are being offered million dollar contracts before they've even done anything. What's frustrating is the NCAA had 10 years to control this but since they wouldn't they can't do anything now. Instead, they have taken a more, "Fine, you want it, you get it" when this is not what people were asking for.
What we have now was always going to be the endgame.

Any restrictions placed by the ncaa would have been defeated in court easily.

Nobody cares when some geek college kid sells phone apps for a fortune but we have outrage when an athlete makes money on the side?

You can’t stop it, really can’t even write a law that wouldn’t be laughed out of a courtroom. Going to define “work” or “value”? Nope.

The most you can do is force athletes to sit out a year when they transfer.

Positives:

Negatives:

I just don’t understand the Sean Lewis demotion at all. Then, to add to the confusion, they hire pat freaking shurmur as his replacement? head scratcher.

Last edited:
I just don’t understand the Sean Lewis demotion at all. Then, to add to the confusion, they hire oat freaking shurmur as his replacement? head scratcher.
Someone had to be the fall guy when things started going sideways. Might as well be the one calling plays for Deion’s son.

What we have now was always going to be the endgame.

Any restrictions placed by the ncaa would have been defeated in court easily.

Nobody cares when some geek college kid sells phone apps for a fortune but we have outrage when an athlete makes money on the side?

You can’t stop it, really can’t even write a law that wouldn’t be laughed out of a courtroom. Going to define “work” or “value”? Nope.

The most you can do is force athletes to sit out a year when they transfer.
Well, it's the endgame now. If the NCAA would have taken steps to create a system of payment for the players then they not only could control the process but no one would be raising a stink about it, assuming it was a fair deal and not completely lopsided. At the very least they could have allowed the players to form a union of sorts and then gone to collective bargaining. Remember when Northwestern tried that and the Supreme Court denied them the recognition that they were employees? I wonder if the NCAA wishes if that ruling had gone differently. I don't know, honestly. They may like the idea of a wild west more than having to deal with collective bargaining and player strikes.

Well, it's the endgame now. If the NCAA would have taken steps to create a system of payment for the players then they not only could control the process but no one would be raising a stink about it, assuming it was a fair deal and not completely lopsided. At the very least they could have allowed the players to form a union of sorts and then gone to collective bargaining. Remember when Northwestern tried that and the Supreme Court denied them the recognition that they were employees? I wonder if the NCAA wishes if that ruling had gone differently. I don't know, honestly. They may like the idea of a wild west more than having to deal with collective bargaining and player strikes.
The hammer was the O’Bannon lawsuit.

The players never would have been happy for the Star QB to get the same as a walk on pole vaulter. Anything that define a system where some in an institution got more than others would have been an instant lawsuit. The schools couldn’t get involved in the distribution of money because nobody would have been happy with an equal distribution. If you went by revenue the women and Olympic sports would have filed lawsuits.

This was always the way it was going to end. Letting the market decide is the only thing really fair.

What we have today is no different than one student getting $15 an hour at McDonald’s and another student making $13 and Burger King. It’s not the schools issue.

Reactions: SolarHawk
It's like they don't teach fundamentals at all. Makes me wonder what the hell their practices are like.... because they seem to not be actually teaching anything regarding technique.

Great coaches are typically great teachers, and I don't think Deion can teach the game because he was so athletically gifted he didn't have to sweat the fundamentals.
Watching their defense, one would think Coach Sanders was in charge of teaching how to tackle.

The hammer was the O’Bannon lawsuit.

The players never would have been happy for the Star QB to get the same as a walk on pole vaulter. Anything that define a system where some in an institution got more than others would have been an instant lawsuit. The schools couldn’t get involved in the distribution of money because nobody would have been happy with an equal distribution. If you went by revenue the women and Olympic sports would have filed lawsuits.

This was always the way it was going to end. Letting the market decide is the only thing really fair.

What we have today is no different than one student getting $15 an hour at McDonald’s and another student making $13 and Burger King. It’s not the schools issue.
Maybe, and in true neutral courts you are probably correct. However, our courts are not true neutral and given how big business friendly and pro-bribery friendly they are the outcome of a lawsuit like this is hard to predict.

WOB? Or just a dumbass?

“Deion is a polarizing personality and what he wasn’t able to accomplish on the field in year one he accomplished by putting money back in the school’s coiffures and bringing back interest to the football program and selling out games. It’s not a coach of the year award. Deion being named Sportsperson of the year makes sense. It’s a no brainer.”

WOB? Or just a dumbass?

“Deion is a polarizing personality and what he wasn’t able to accomplish on the field in year one he accomplished by putting money back in the school’s coiffures and bringing back interest to the football program and selling out games. It’s not a coach of the year award. Deion being named Sportsperson of the year makes sense. It’s a no brainer.”
I'm going to go with dumbass but years ago Deion could've stashed some coin in his jheri curls.

• Haha
Reactions: Gimmered and TJ8869
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT