ADVERTISEMENT

Have we discussed Coach Prime going to Colorado?

I’m 100% serious. The amount of buzz around Colorado this year is a fraction of what it was last year. And almost all if it involves Shedeur and Travis, both of whom will be gone in less than 3 months.

Deion is not interested in program building. He is interested in helping his sons get to the NFL. He is not a leader of men and he is not even mentally stable. We’re talking about a guy who claims he once tried to commit suicide by driving his car off a 40-foot cliff at 70mph and neither he nor the car ended up with even a scratch.

The General Lee couldn’t even do that and it was a fictional car.
Let’s be honest, though. Nobody gives a damn about Iowa or FSU either.

There’s no “buzz” about any teams except the top 5-6 and the ones with some other hook.

The stadium is full
It’s mostly full. For now. The official announced attendance last week was the lowest since Deion arrived. How full do you think the stadium will be in November if they are still languishing below .500? Or next year when their two Heisman Trophy candidates are gone?
and you started a thread about him.
I started this thread because it was a major story and I felt like Colorado made a huge mistake.
Are you sure?
Yes

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
It’s mostly full. For now. The official announced attendance last week was the lowest since Deion arrived. How full do you think the stadium will be in November if they are still languishing below .500? Or next year when their two Heisman Trophy candidates are gone?

I started this thread because it was a major story and I felt like Colorado made a huge mistake.

Yes
Colorado made a mistake by being relative again? Odd take. You are making assumptions on the next year(s) without any basis. You act like you are on the practice field and in the locker room. Where are you getting your inside info from?

I’m 100% serious. The amount of buzz around Colorado this year is a fraction of what it was last year. And almost all if it involves Shedeur and Travis, both of whom will be gone in less than 3 months.

Deion is not interested in program building. He is interested in helping his sons get to the NFL. He is not a leader of men and he is not even mentally stable. We’re talking about a guy who claims he once tried to commit suicide by driving his car off a 40-foot cliff at 70mph and neither he nor the car ended up with even a scratch.

Only if fictional means amazing!!! 😜

Reactions: lucas80 and TJ8869
I could see Deion and Colorado coming to a mutual agreement to part ways. Do you honestly think he’s in this for the long haul? He has never stayed in one place for more than about 4 or 5 years. Not as a player or as a coach.

His entire coaching career, such as it is, has been directly linked to Shedeur. He was his offensive coordinator in high school. Then they went to Jackson State together. Then they went to Colorado together.

Shedeur, Shilo, and Travis Hunter, assuming they haven’t already quit or been injured, are going to play their final game for Colorado on Black Friday, when they will get stomped by Oklahoma State. Even if the Buffs manage to qualify for a middling bowl like the Liberty or the Independence, there is zero chance those three guys are going to stick around for it. And once those three guys are gone it’s only a matter of time until Deion exits as well.
Ticket sales before and after he came?
Student enrollment before and after?
Donations before and after?
Buy out? And you going to hire that increases any of the above?

Football is a big business that involves a lot more than winning at times.

I would go to Ames to watch that circus. Hope he stays.

Ticket sales before and after he came?
Student enrollment before and after?
Donations before and after?
Buy out? And you going to hire that increases any of the above?

Football is a big business that involves a lot more than winning at times.

I would go to Ames to watch that circus. Hope he stays.
I think his point is Deion is the one who will want out after his kids leave. He will probably want some position with the team that drafts him too.

Reactions: TJ8869 and goldmom
Colorado made a mistake by being relative again?
Colorado made a mistake by hiring a guy with zero experience coaching in any capacity at the Division 1 level. Colorado made a mistake by hiring a guy who is all about hype and self-promotion. He refers to himself as Coach Prime, in third person, for fvck’s sake. Colorado made a mistake by hiring a guy who made it clear from day one that he intends to stock his roster with mostly transfers rather than building a foundation with high school recruits. He has assembled a group of mercenaries who are going to follow him out the door when he leaves. And then the program will be in even worse shape than it was before he arrived.
Odd take. You are making assumptions on the next year(s) without any basis.
It’s not an assumption that the hype had already declined significantly from last year and what remains of it surrounds two guys who will be gone in 11 weeks.
You act like you are on the practice field and in the locker room. Where are you getting your inside info from?
I have zero inside information. I know only what I see, which is what everyone else can see if they open their eyes. In my 55 years I’ve watched enough football and I’ve seen enough coaches to recognize a charlatan when I see one.

Last edited:
Colorado made a mistake by hiring a guy with zero experience coaching in any capacity at the Division 1 level. Colorado made a mistake by hiring a guy who is all about hype and self-promotion. He refers to himself as Coach Prime, in third person, for fvck’s sake. Colorado made a mistake by hiring a guy who made it clear from day one that he intends to stock his roster with mostly transfers rather than building a foundation with high school recruits. He has assembled a group of mercenaries who are going to follow him out the door when he leaves. And then the program will be in even worse shape than it was before he arrived.

It’s not an assumption that the hype had alreadt declined significantly from last year and what remains of it surrounds two guys who will be gone in 11 weeks.

I have zero inside information. I know only what I see, which is what everyone else can see if they open their eyes. In my 55 years I’ve watched enough football and I’ve seen enough coaches to recognize a charlatan when I see one.
What conference is Oregon State and Wash State in for the foreseeable future?

Bad, bad look from Shedeur at the end of the game yesterday. Left the field & went to the locker room when they pulled him with 2 minutes left, then pretty much threw his teammates and offensive coordinator under the bus in the post-game presser...griping about his OL not blocking & how they couldn't run the ball so should have just had him throw on every play.

And there will be zero repercussions from the head coach.

I said from the start hiring Neon as HC was a bad idea and it’s likely to play out that way. Colorado would have been well served in taking a chance on an up and comer who’s looking for an opportunity to jump into a HC role or a HC outside of the P5 looking to move in and carve a legacy.

Boulder is an awesome town with a beautiful campus that would appeal to all kinds of young athletes. Academically I don’t know where they stand, but how many ‘croots care about that? The Sanders hire reeked of desperation and impatience.

I said from the start hiring Neon as HC was a bad idea and it’s likely to play out that way. Colorado would have been well served in taking a chance on an up and comer who’s looking for an opportunity to jump into a HC role or a HC outside of the P5 looking to move in and carve a legacy.

Boulder is an awesome town with a beautiful campus that would appeal to all kinds of young athletes. Academically I don’t know where they stand, but how many ‘croots care about that? The Sanders hire reeked of desperation and impatience.
They were desperate. They were about to get discarded when the Pac12 was imploding.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
This is a big week for the Buffs. The Nebraska game was not a surprise, score-wise. And there were some positives that they can take to another hostile environment this weekend. If they beat the Rams, they keep the fans on board and are on pace for a bowl game this year, which would be quite the improvement from where things were 20 months ago. They lose and that locker room can go fast (and many of the fans will disappear to the ski season).

Deion and shedeur are getting destroyed by local sports talk shows today. People around here have had their fill. Should csu happen to beat cu this weekend…. Oh boy. The wheels will come flying off. CSU is pretty awful this year though so Deion is probably ok for another week or so. Some rumors flying around that big time donors aren’t donating anymore due to the treatment of the players that aren’t in the shedeur bff club. What a shit show.

Unless there is an ethical or player safety issue Deion gets through next season no matter his record. Colorado doesn’t have Texas A&M level boosters to buy out mistakes.
Or maybe they bust him for nepotism or some other violation of policy related to family favortism and terminate him for cause. If the drama continues, I wouldn't rule that out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT