ADVERTISEMENT

Have you ever had an account hacked online?

BrianNole777

HB Heisman
Jan 27, 2023
I just got an email saying 8 of my online passwords have been compromised so I changed them.

I imagine if I got hacked, some real damage could have been done.

Have you ever been hacked? What happened?

Yes. I got a credit check alert from my credit card company (Amex). Thankfully I had enabled credit alerts. Bank of America had performed a credit check because someone was trying to open a business account under my name. I called their fraud line. Whoever attempted it had my social security #, address, phone, email, everything.

I had to lock everything down with the credit bureaus, I pay for one of those identify theft services (Aura) and I scrutinize every financial statement now. Bastards almost got me, and it is annoying to have to watch, but that alert saved me a much worse fate.

Google tracks known compromised websites and alerts users if they have a password stored that was part of a known compromise.

So Google found EIGHT websites that were recently hacked?

I call BS.

I think the email from Google was a scam.

So Google found EIGHT websites that were recently hacked?

I call BS.

I think the email from Google was a scam.

Google found 8 stored passwords out of his total passwords that were compromised. Websites are getting compromised all of the time. Two factor anything you can two factor, preferably with an authentication app.

Replace your phone? Is this a poor attempt at playing Devil's advocate or are you really unsure what to do if your phone is lost.

No I'm 100% being honest.

I installed the Microsoft authenticator app on my old phone.

I wanted extra security on a few crypto accounts I set up.

The wifi and bluetooth ended up going to chit so I had to replace my phone (which I still kept).

I downloaded the Microsoft app on my new phone but I can't figure out how to get access to my accounts.

• Wow
Reactions: ThorneStockton
No I'm 100% being honest.

I installed the Microsoft authenticator app on my old phone.

I wanted extra security on a few crypto accounts I set up.

The wifi and bluetooth ended up going to chit so I had to replace my phone (which I still kept).

I downloaded the Microsoft app on my new phone but I can't figure out how to get access to my accounts.

Maybe this will be useful, good luck!

My PayPal account got hacked about 20 years ago, 2 sums were sent the same morning to somewhere in the Philippines. PayPal kinda drug there feet at first but after a little prodding they did put the total amount back in my account. (Approx $700).

I'm curious how many people here actually understand the definition of "hacked". I see it used for almost everything. Usually it's because ****ing Pam in HR clicked a link in an email she got.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT