ADVERTISEMENT

Have you missed me?

CowboyUp61

HR MVP
May 22, 2016
Stillwater, OK
1. Casey's pizza is still horrible. Tried in another store, was just as bad as the local one. 3rd best pizza in a town of 2500. Just thought i would let you know.
2. Coming up on the dual-OSU seems to be wrestling better, but nowhere good enough. Should be entertaining matches, but think reasonable expectation is we will win 2, maybe up to 5 if we wrestle really well.
3. How many are traveling to Tulsa? Bring money for me- I need to buy some shoes, and they are not getting cheaper.
4. Haven't read much lately-can someone summarize the important threads?

1. Casey's pizza is still horrible. Tried in another store, was just as bad as the local one. 3rd best pizza in a town of 2500. Just thought i would let you know.
2. Coming up on the dual-OSU seems to be wrestling better, but nowhere good enough. Should be entertaining matches, but think reasonable expectation is we will win 2, maybe up to 5 if we wrestle really well.
3. How many are traveling to Tulsa? Bring money for me- I need to buy some shoes, and they are not getting cheaper.
I will tackle an answer to #4. The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round......

4. Fix is going 125. Glory going 133. Tony leaving Iowa for cage fighting. Abe is injured again and we're out combing the 7-11 for a body.

This board is under new management and any admin is better than the old admin.

Oh and we have Girl Scout Cookies for sale.

Welcome back!

For those of you who don't know, CowboyUp is a Wrestling for Life board member and is largely responsible for our shoe program. He's a really good guy who cares a lot about kids and wrestling.
And for anyone who lives under a rock, GG is a living legend and the reason Wrestling for Life is even a thing.

Last edited:
4. Fix is going 125. Glory going 133. Tony leaving Iowa for cage fighting. Abe is injured again and we're out combing the 7-11 for a body.

This board is under new management and any admin is better than the old admin.

Oh and we have Girl Scout Cookies for sale.

Welcome back!
i like the peanut butter cookies-just in case i see you.
If Abe is injured, might have to adjust my expectations. Spencer seems fine, though.
I don't see Daton at 125 until 2024, after the season. Don't know about Glory.
Isn't this the last year for Tony anyway?

this is why i haven't had time. Had weeks where I worked 5 of 7 days. 1st year back since kids started wrestling in 2004. For you guys, I think I need to explain I am the old one.
327998639_1141264343225540_301597338696897636_n.jpg

i like the peanut butter cookies-just in case i see you.
If Abe is injured, might have to adjust my expectations. Spencer seems fine, though.
I don't see Daton at 125 until 2024, after the season. Don't know about Glory.
Isn't this the last year for Tony anyway?
Tony has one more year if he wants it.

Reactions: CowboyUp61
Tony has one more year if he wants it.
There's a poster on the new site that says it's possible Tony may not return and BK may want to focus more on wrestling...

Any of you old dogs have any thoughts you care to add?

Reactions: Gobblin
Hey Cowboy,
1. If it weren't for Casey's, many of these small Iowa towns would have no food stores. Casey's has been very supportive of wrestling also. God Bless Casey's.
2. Good luck. You'll need it.
3. I won't go to Tulsa, but I'll be at Nationals the following year. Wish Nationals was in Stillwater or Okla. City instead of Tulsa. I'll look harder at the budget to see what I can do for one of the best organizations in amateur wrestling: Wrestling For Life.
4. Summary: PSU fans still stink, but Carl and the Nits own Division I until another team takes it away from them, just like before Covid cheated us out of a team title. The team that beats them will:
A. Have to get takedowns, and B. Win the close ones. Same as it ever was.

So when are the Pokes getting a women's wrestling team?

this is why i haven't had time. Had weeks where I worked 5 of 7 days. 1st year back since kids started wrestling in 2004. For you guys, I think I need to explain I am the old one.
Mmm, Flaming Hot Cheetos. Love the look on that young man's face. It says, "Don't mess with me." Love that.
As for your worklife, I'd say that was time well-spent. That's God's Work my friend.

Hey Cowboy,
1. If it weren't for Casey's, many of these small Iowa towns would have no food stores. Casey's has been very supportive of wrestling also. God Bless Casey's.
2. Good luck. You'll need it.
3. I won't go to Tulsa, but I'll be at Nationals the following year. Wish Nationals was in Stillwater or Okla. City instead of Tulsa. I'll look harder at the budget to see what I can do for one of the best organizations in amateur wrestling: Wrestling For Life.
4. Summary: PSU fans still stink, but Carl and the Nits own Division I until another team takes it away from them, just like before Covid cheated us out of a team title. The team that beats them will:
A. Have to get takedowns, and B. Win the close ones. Same as it ever was.

So when are the Pokes getting a women's wrestling team?
hopefully soon. I actually thought the announcement would be at the beginning of the season this year

Reactions: grapplefann
Mmm, Flaming Hot Cheetos. Love the look on that young man's face. It says, "Don't mess with me." Love that.
As for your worklife, I'd say that was time well-spent. That's God's Work my friend.
one of my favorite things, working wrestling. Came back because of the shortage. Didn't take long until i was working more than i really wanted, but it was always a good tired at the end

Reactions: redbirdhawk
i-dont-even-know-who-you-are-thanos.gif

Casey's pizza is not horrible, it's just not real good. Not in my Top 30 favorite places for pizza, but on mile 83 of a 102-mile bike ride, in Podunk, IA, it goes down pretty easy.
Like many things it seems the quality of their pizza has dropped off in recent years.

Some will argue but at one time they had a very good taco pizza but lately when we've ordered they were way skimpy on finishing topping and it just didn't have the same appeal.

Casey's also had a very good breakfast pizza, if you can find the time that they actually have fresh breakfast pizza available. I found out yesterday that time is NOT 9am. Who knew?

Could just be that the Casey's near us in WDM on 86th/University is terrible. After yesterday I'm giving up on them.

Casey's pizza is not horrible, it's just not real good. Not in my Top 30 favorite places for pizza, but on mile 83 of a 102-mile bike ride, in Podunk, IA, it goes down pretty easy.
i would live in fear for the remaining 19 miles that it is going to come back out one of two ways. That is, if i ever decided to try to ride a bike that far at once. That is triple my normal weekly distance.

Reactions: TNTwrestle
i would live in fear for the remaining 19 miles that it is going to come back out one of two ways. That is, if i ever decided to try to ride a bike that far at once. That is triple my normal weekly distance.
Go with the pepperoni. The grease gives you extra power to finish the ride!

Reactions: TNTwrestle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT