ADVERTISEMENT

HawkCentral reports that BrianF seemed to be arguing with Drew Stevens on the sidelines, hmmm

Kelvin Bell was working with a 16 year old kid at a camp. Brian wandered over and yelled at the kid the he was, "A fu**ing embarrassment". This kid has a really good chance of playing D-1 football, and that's wrong on all kinds of levels. The kid was there to learn and get better. He was 16. He wasn't a Hawkeye player. He was working directly with another coach, and Brian interjected himself, which showed disrespect to another coach, not even on his side of the ball.
Source?

Reactions: goodbyebobby
Honestly wish he would just go back to SCjr or Clemson already. He’s talented but him and his dad are head cases, basically the one thing you can’t be and also become a great kicker.

Stevens definitely was not hurt based on Kirks post game comments. See who kicks next week. Meeder does have a strong leg, that snap was not good.

I heard Brian likes to rip those tags off of mattresses and he doesn’t recycle.
He gave the Anne Frank House a bad review, too.

brain-review.jpg

Brian feels free to operate outside of his assigned lane, and has no friends on the staff. Some people see that as fire, but some see it as him being a raging douche who doesn't show his fellow assistants or the players respect. He gets away with it because his dad his the HC.
Lol. Haters hate so much they just make up shit

DS is a kid who has been in a slump as of late. BF is a highly-paid 40 yo coach who has been objectively terrible at his job for at least 3 years. DS may be done, but I'd be perfectly fine with the coaches giving him a chance to redeem himself. BF is out of chances and is rightfully not being retained.
Kirk said on the post game that Meeder's range is lacking. Drew Stevens would definitely be the long range FG kicker. Kirk also said that Stevens is a very good kicker and it might just be a mental thing or something that he will work out.

I expect to see Drew Stevens kicking off and kicking FGs at Indy

Kirk said on the post game that Meeder's range is lacking. Drew Stevens would definitely be the long range FG kicker. Kirk also said that Stevens is a very good kicker and it might just be a mental thing or something that he will work out.

I expect to see Drew Stevens kicking off and kicking FGs at Indy
2 kick offs out of bounds just bit also.

I have a former teammate on the staff who speaks highly of Brian.
The players in the Lawsuit didn't have a lot of positive things to say about BF. What about BF being involved in making fun of Kallenberger's walk on Brother? BF probably has done some good things and not so good things. He's being let go because his offenses have stunk for 3 years.
If you’re going to make up things at least get the individuals involved accurate.

Not sure if they were really arguing or what but Interesting if true because Stevens is on special teams, for one, and#2 his two fg kicks that were blocked looked to be kicked ok, maybe a hair low. But there are ways to keep the opponent from jumping so high to block kicks.

We shall see what the press picks up on this. I was thinking Stevens might have tweaked his leg or back after watching his last two kickoffs hook out to bounds.
I can’t comment on the BF stuff, but as much as I really like Stevens as a kicker, in the last two weeks, he’s had 3 kicks blocked (2 FGs and 1 XP) and overall, he’s missed 1 XP and 3 FGs plus the 2 kickoffs out of bounds today. Not sure if he’s hurt, has the yips or has just had a bad 7 days, but going to the backup was completely justifiable in that spot, even as I was stroking out.

I doubt it matters who is the kicker is next week. Stevens should be good to go by the bowl game...he's had a good body of work for the season. Kickers are a different breed, whether college or pros....maybe injured or just got in his head.

Reactions: biggreydogs
Brian feels free to operate outside of his assigned lane, and has no friends on the staff. Some people see that as fire, but some see it as him being a raging douche who doesn't show his fellow assistants or the players respect. He gets away with it because his dad his the HC.
Jfc

You, clearly, have no idea what the **** you are talking about.

Brian, “Hey Drew. We need you to play better and start making kicks. Everyone on this team is accountable to everyone. If you aren’t doing your job we will go to the next guy. This is just a two game stretch and you’ve been really good for us but in major college football, we will make changes. Do you think I’d be around for this long as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach if I didn’t earn it? Do you think they’d just keep trotting me out here if I was producing the worst offense in college football year in and year out for the last three years?”
Drew starts to answer, “Ummmm….”
Brian, “Don’t answer that Drew. It was rhetorical.”

There’s reasons why BF wasn’t very involved in recruiting. Yes, he recruited, but not near as much as he should have been as OC.

Also, Drew Stevens will be fine and has already proven he’s a good kicker. Hopefully he kicks next weekend and they don’t ruin his confidence. How quickly some turn on a proven player.

There’s reasons why BF wasn’t very involved in recruiting. Yes, he recruited, but not near as much as he should have been as OC.

Also, Drew Stevens will be fine and has already proven he’s a good kicker. Hopefully he kicks next weekend and they don’t ruin his confidence. How quickly some turn on a proven player.
Yea. I don’t get it. It’s been a rough two game stretch and that happens. Sometimes in games you just don’t have it that day or you are banged up and the next guy gets a shot. Drew will be starting next weekend.

Last edited:
Some really weak sauce up in this thread. Mods oughtta lock it and close it down.

Yea. I don’t get it. It’s been a rough two game stretch and that happens. Sometimes in games you just don’t have it that day and the next guy gets a shot. Drew will be starting next weekend.
Yep. Georgia’s freshman kicker had a rough start to the season. They wanted him benched. Started 2/5 with 2 misses inside 30, he’s now 19/22 hitting 17 straight.

Did you read what the players in the lawsuit said under oath?
Did you see where they were made up? That's why KF and BF plus others wanted to go to court and not settle with a single dime. This could be a Pat Summit deal
She was coaching like a drill Sargent like usual and saw it wasn't working so she changed her entire coaching philosophy. I love Pat ❤️

There is some truth to this. Some. The way your post reads however, and your choice of adjectives paints a picture that is largely inaccurate. I'm not sure who you get this stuff from, but it must be from different first party sources than I have, if your sources are first party.

I've not commented on Brain personally. I have commented on how the contract non-renewal has handled.

Some of this exaggeration, or misinformation needs to stop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT