ADVERTISEMENT

HawkCentral reports that BrianF seemed to be arguing with Drew Stevens on the sidelines, hmmm

I can’t comment on the BF stuff, but as much as I really like Stevens as a kicker, in the last two weeks, he’s had 3 kicks blocked (2 FGs and 1 XP) and overall, he’s missed 1 XP and 3 FGs plus the 2 kickoffs out of bounds today. Not sure if he’s hurt, has the yips or has just had a bad 7 days, but going to the backup was completely justifiable in that spot, even as I was stroking out.
Injury, yips, just plain bad you can take your pick. Like in baseball, he may just have a tired leg what with all the kick offs and FG's he has been asked to attempt. Think of any Cubs reliever that was shut down last season due to overuse.

Injury, yips, just plain bad you can take your pick. Like in baseball, he may just have a tired leg what with all the kick offs and FG's he has been asked to attempt. Think of any Cubs reliever that was shut down last season due to overuse.
He’s definitely not bad and has proven that.

Brian feels free to operate outside of his assigned lane, and has no friends on the staff. Some people see that as fire, but some see it as him being a raging douche who doesn't show his fellow assistants or the players respect. He gets away with it because his dad his the HC.
Exactly how do you know that? Sure seems like the players and staff have his back.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Brian feels free to operate outside of his assigned lane, and has no friends on the staff. Some people see that as fire, but some see it as him being a raging douche who doesn't show his fellow assistants or the players respect. He gets away with it because his dad his the HC.
You are a phucking moron.

Go back to last weeks game and notice how the assistant coaches and players are hugging him like crazy.

It’s funny people think publicly and privately things couldn’t be different. People inside the program aren’t going to throw anyone under the bus while still in the program, well except KF himself.

The players in the Lawsuit didn't have a lot of positive things to say about BF. What about BF being involved in making fun of Kallenberger's walk on Brother? BF probably has done some good things and not so good things. He's being let go because his offenses have stunk for 3 years.
Kallenbergers aren’t a family I would be overly concerned about their opinions. Plenty of issues.

Some of the fanboys here should list off their favorite things about Brian's tenure as OC and QB coach. Which season typified excellence? Which recruit did he identify and mold into a solid B10 QB?

He has been the last 3 games. I'm not saying he is bad overall, but the last 3 games something has been off, be it injury, yips, just in a funk.
Stevens 3 for 4 FG against Rutgers with a missed 47 yarder is pretty good. A 47 yard FG try is probably an 80% try depending on wind, etc

Against Illinois his only FG try was missed from 53 yards, iirc that kick was into a pretty good swirling wind (the Illini kicker came up short missing a long one into the same wind.

I would say you are wrong about games 10 and 11 against Rutgers and ILL. He was 3-5 FGs with too long misses.

I still have not heard an explanation of the blocked PAT against ILL except that the radio show said the timing looked off.

Yes, yesterday was not a good day but HOW DID THE COACHES not have the FG team out there with plenty of time to get Stevens' Perfect First kick off in time. His followup kick seemed low.

Yesterday, his 2nd blocked kick was not low and would have been good except a Nebber guy got 1 or so yards penetration and a huge jump to block it . I Dont think this was on Stevens either.

Some of the fanboys here should list off their favorite things about Brian's tenure as OC and QB coach. Which season typified excellence? Which recruit did he identify and mold into a solid B10 QB?
Are you kidding? That OSU game from 6 years ago was special. And what about that USC game just 4 short years ago? I think it's pretty darn unfair to expect that kind of performance more than once or twice every 70 games or so. You think you could do better smarty pants?

Are you kidding? That OSU game from 6 years ago was special. And what about that USC game just 4 short years ago? I think it's pretty darn unfair to expect that kind of performance more than once or twice every 70 games or so. You think you could do better smarty pants?
No one is arguing that. But for every OSU and USC game he has the 66 yards against WIS and this year 76 against Ped St lets even add 150 against SDSU. Everybody just wants a competent O. Not great, not awful, just competent to good. Fact is Brian has a ton of below average to awful games on his resume.

No one is arguing that. But for every OSU and USC game he has the 66 yards against WIS and this year 76 against Ped St lets even add 150 against SDSU. Everybody just wants a competent O. Not great, not awful, just competent to good. Fact is Brian has a ton of below average to awful games on his resume.
I think your sarcasm detector is on the fritz.

LOL. This is awesome (I realize it's major sarcasm). Wish I had a nickel for every "But OSU '17" and "But USC '19" comments on here from the BF fellators. I'll bet BF gets the fam together and watches one of those two games every weekend during the offseason.

Kelvin Bell was working with a 16 year old kid at a camp. Brian wandered over and yelled at the kid the he was, "A fu**ing embarrassment". This kid has a really good chance of playing D-1 football, and that's wrong on all kinds of levels. The kid was there to learn and get better. He was 16. He wasn't a Hawkeye player. He was working directly with another coach, and Brian interjected himself, which showed disrespect to another coach, not even on his side of the ball.
Doubt it.

Did you see where they were made up? That's why KF and BF plus others wanted to go to court and not settle with a single dime. This could be a Pat Summit deal
She was coaching like a drill Sargent like usual and saw it wasn't working so she changed her entire coaching philosophy. I love Pat ❤️
Agreed 100%

Reactions: Bishop-71
Yes, and it is those kicks that made me wonder if he has enough of a slight injury or leg strain and he usually just booms them right thru the middle and out of the endzone.

That is my thought. I don’t think the yips would cause problems on the kickoff. Injury seems much more likely.

Reactions: hawkifann
Im giving O’Keefe Stanley and Brian is responsible for everyone after that. You can assign blame however you want. 🤷‍♂️
Watch Spencer's HS vids and you would have offered as well.

It looks like Brian has installed the KOK playbook lately as we have looked similar to those days.

And like him or not, KOK was very good at his role.

Reactions: uihawk82
Watch Spencer's HS vids and you would have offered as well.

It looks like Brian has installed the KOK playbook lately as we have looked similar to those days.

And like him or not, KOK was very good at his role.
My point being that things fell apart when KOK left.

Right up there with the stupidest posts this season. When we clinched the west last week not only did Brian get the gatorade bath and not Kirk, but he got serious hugs not only from A LOT of players, (including many defensive players amzingly), but most of the other coaching staff. This notion that he's been outcast in the locker room is typical fan speak, and quite obviously isn't what we've seen on the field.

Reactions: RLMHAWK
The players in the Lawsuit didn't have a lot of positive things to say about BF. What about BF being involved in making fun of Kallenberger's walk on Brother? BF probably has done some good things and not so good things. He's being let go because his offenses have stunk for 3 years.
When unfortunately that wasn't Brian it was Wallace who made that comment. This is exactly what I posted before. People keep piling shit on him that he's not responsible for. He's simply an easy target.

Yeah, and there was some beef between his dad and Kirk a couple years ago iirc
There was no beef. his dad interjected himself somewhere he didn't belong. Stevens came to Iowa as a walk on, SO he couldn't get a ride until AFTER the year. In the middle of the season he gets on social media and bitches about his kid should be on a scholly, and if not he's going to be looking elsewhere. Frankly he's lucky he didn't get his kid cut off the team after that act.

Do I think BF should have been fired, yes, but the players seem to love the guy, I have seen nothing to indicate the other coaches don’t feel the same. If he was talking to Stevens it could have been words of encouragement, fact is nobody on this board knows.

You are a phucking moron.

Go back to last weeks game and notice how the assistant coaches and players are hugging him like crazy.
Could have just been a nice optic. What did you excpect them to do on TV, go up and kick him in the b***s??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT