ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeye Heaven getting called out by the Media on Twitter for ripping off logo from charitable group

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
As you can see at the end of this post (see Todd's message), Hawkeye Heaven's (its a Facebook page) founder ripped off a logo from a motorcycle group that raises money for several charities. That logo is being used by Levi Thompson (his name has been made public) to profit himself.

Chad Leistikow (of the Des Moines Register/HawkCentral.com), Tom Kakert and several other media people have retweeted the message that is being sent out and retweeted, which is for Hawkeye fans to stop enabling the Hawkeye Heaven guy.

If you want to see the original tweet and some of the responses, go here: www.twitter.com/ToddBrommelkamp/status/1019614224249569280/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1019614224249569280&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fiowa.forums.rivals.com%2Fthreads%2Fhawkeye-heaven-getting-called-out-by-the-media-on-twitter-for-ripping-off-logo-from-charitable-group.236984%2F

Here is a quick screen shot of Todd's tweet and Leistikow's retweet:

Chad Leistikow Retweeted
Todd Brommelkamp‏@ToddBrommelkamp 5h5 hours ago

Levi Thompson (Hawkeye Heaven Facebook page founder) is at it again. He's ripped off the logo of a motorcycle group that raises money for several charities. Seriously, #Hawkeyes fans. Stop enabling this guy. Just. Stop.

DiZlLf7V4AAqWFs.jpg

6 replies 26 retweets 79 likes

If you follow his Facebook page, please stop.

He literally steals from hardworking writers and rebrands it as his own work.

When looking at who has brought more brand recognition and positive press to the University of Iowa over the last 5 years

Krista from facebook > Gary Barta.

If you follow his Facebook page, please stop.

He literally steals from hardworking writers and rebrands it as his own work.
he has a web site now, too, where he even writes articles! And he steals pics from local newspapers; do you think he pays anyone for those pics? Its a joke; the common theme with this guy is that he steals ideas/content from others, he takes as much credit (if not all) as he can, he makes money off it, and then in the end acts like he came up with the ideas/content himself

I thought HH was recently sold and the old douchebag who got into previous trouble (stealing information etc) was no longer associated with the page.

I take it that I was mistaken.

Just unfollowed the page. Fvck that guy.
I unfollowed him when he started running ads for concerts, scented candles, etc. People would ask him what these concerts and scented candles had anything to do with the Hawkeyes. He would charge the company/organization for posting the ad so many times (I heard it is around $200), It went from a fun site to his own little money making scheme.

Somehow he got to over 115,000 followers and then got greedy and literally became a thief.

And now he has a separate website where he lifts content & pics from other organizations, claims it as his own, without paying for the content, pics, etc.

This is the tweet from the former Register/HawkCentral photographer who got very upset with his photos being stolen and used by Hawkeye Heaven:

David Scrivner‏Verified account@davidscrivner 13m13 minutes ago
Replying to @ChadLeistikow
I contacted AP and USA Today before I left with numerous links to images being used (without permission & without paying for them) by Hawkeye Heaven. The AP and USA Today said they'd look into it. Might be worth following up with them.

I despise HH and refuse to follow the Facebook page, but that logo seems like a nothing burger unless I'm missing something obvious.

Putting an area code inside a state isn't exactly an original idea.

Agreed.

Yea I called him out a couple weeks ago for stealing content.. he comes onto this website and sees what we are posting. Which for the most part is hearsay.. then post it on Facebook like it is fact.. then his little minions attack for him.. he needs to get called out

I despise HH and refuse to follow the Facebook page, but that logo seems like a nothing burger unless I'm missing something obvious.

Putting an area code inside a state isn't exactly an original idea.

Sure, if there wasn’t lots of evidence showing he is a thief of intellectual property.

Other than that, yeah, maybe THIS time he came up with it himself...

I agree.
HH is dumb.
But so is thinking you own the 319 area code
i think the issues/the uproar can be summed up this way:

* There is a pattern here. He didn't come up with the "319" idea; he lifted it from a charitable organization. Just like he didn't come up with content that he has copied and pasted from journalists in the past; just like the pics he has stolen from the Register, the Gazette, and the AP in the past. Its a common theme with Levi; he doesn't come up with (or create) the idea/the content, he steals it, and claims it as his own.

* The motorcycle group uses that "319" design for charitable causes. Levi Thompson is planning on lining his own pockets from the the idea that he lifted from someone else. A shirt costs about $4 to make; Levi sees dollar signs; it will be interesting to see what he charges for the hats, shirts, etc.

Reactions: hawk224
I have seen 319 logos for years. Even ISU fans tried to sell merchandise to try to get some homegrown foothold in that area code. It was red and yellow with a 319 within the state boundaries.

I am no fan of HH, btw.

The guy has been a joke for a long time. Stealing articles, pictures, etc. Now he is making money off of people who have no clue that he isn't doing any of the work for the info he provides.

The only reason I continued to follow the Facebook page was to read the comments. It is Facebook so it shouldn't be surprising but man there are a lot of uneducated people commenting on there.

Has there ever been any legal action towards him for stealing content like copy righted pictures etc?

So, basically, the media involved guy that pretty much made the Kinnick Wave famous is a bastard? That's great to know.

Don't like the stealing content, but shit if a random person gets the bright idea to start an Iowa fan page on Facebook before Hawkeye nation, Rivals, Land of 10, ect. So be it, you snooze you lose.
Half of the Iowa media is so old and out of touch none of them had Facebook.

The guy has been a joke for a long time. Stealing articles, pictures, etc. Now he is making money off of people who have no clue that he isn't doing any of the work for the info he provides.

The only reason I continued to follow the Facebook page was to read the comments. It is Facebook so it shouldn't be surprising but man there are a lot of uneducated people commenting on there.
In the Twitter thread I linked in the orig post, you have the following all commenting how they had either their words stolen (word for word) or their pics stolen:

* Scott Dochterman of the Cedar Rapids Gazette & Land of 10. Levi copied Scott's work, posted it on Hawkeye Heaven, and gave no mention of Scott; Levi just acted like it was his own work.

* Chad Leistikow, current columnist of the Des Moines Register

* Rob Howe of Hawkeye Nation had pictures stolen.

* A FORMER photographer from the Des Moines Register really rips into Hawkeye Heaven for lifting many of his pictures. He made a comment of how the stolen material allowed Levi to get 115,000 followers; and make no mistake is now profiting from the theft. Hawkeye Heaven is making money off ads on both their Facebook page and their website; and now they will be making money off the apparel they will be selling.

Reactions: dawgs_04
I thought HH was recently sold and the old douchebag who got into previous trouble (stealing information etc) was no longer associated with the page.

I take it that I was mistaken.

According to a buddy of mine he only has a 25% stake in the business now. Take that for what it’s worth, I have nothing to prove that information.

According to a buddy of mine he only has a 25% stake in the business now. Take that for what it’s worth, I have nothing to prove that information.

HawkeyeHeaven guys are popping out of the woodwork for their propaganda campaign now. Let me help you with something, people are not dumb and will notice the similarities in the usernames.

In the Twitter thread I linked in the orig post, you have the following all commenting how they had either their words stolen (word for word) or their pics stolen:

* Scott Dochterman of the Cedar Rapids Gazette & Land of 10. Levi copied Scott's work, posted it on Hawkeye Heaven, and gave no mention of Scott; Levi just acted like it was his own work.

* Chad Leistikow, current columnist of the Des Moines Register

* Rob Howe of Hawkeye Nation had pictures stolen.

* A FORMER photographer from the Des Moines Register really rips into Hawkeye Heaven for lifting many of his pictures. He made a comment of how the stolen material allowed Levi to get 115,000 followers; and make no mistake is now profiting from the theft. Hawkeye Heaven is making money off ads on both their Facebook page and their website; and now they will be making money off the apparel they will be selling.

But, but, but, those were Levi's mistakes....

Lol. I can assure you I have zero ties to those schmucks. I just find it funny that Chad Nimms thinks he’s tough behind his keyboard.

who is Chad Nimms?

I think it's a code name. This HermansHead guy likes to keep the 1st letter of each name the same, but change the rest of the letters.

So, "Chad Nimms" means something else... something starting with "C", and "N".

Chuck Norris? He's tough even without his keyboard.

You know, Chuck Norris does not wear condoms, because there is no protection from Chuck Norris.

Last edited:
I think it's a code name. This HermansHead guy likes to keep the 1st letter of each name the same, but change the rest of the letters.

So, "Chad Nimms" means something else... something starting with "C", and "N".

Chuck Norris? He's tough even without his keyboard.

You know, Chuck Norris does not wear condoms, because there is no protection from Chuck Norris.

This is a pretty good guess actually. Chad talks a big talk on here, unfortunately for him he can’t back it up like Chuck Norris. You know, one of those keyboard warrior types that is the first to cower went confronted in person.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT