ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***Hawkeyes land in-state receiver Brody Brecht***

Holy God. I shouldn’t have but looked again. So now CF is saying because Matty can’t get the kids there for visits due to the virus that is why they are losing out on recruits
I agree! I stopped looking for a while but went back today. You seriously can't get better entertainment these days. I'm challenging myself to see what the next excuse will by why Brecht chose us over them. So far it's that we have baseball, that he has always been a Hawkeye fan,..... what is next?

Yeah, it's pretty typical. Anytime there is a new coach, especially a young one who appears to be up and coming, there is always a surge of excitement and interest.

As I said yesterday, Campbell got to sell snake oil his first couple of years at ISU. Now that ISU is entering Year 5 of the Campbell era, he no longer has that luxury. He can only sell his resume. Hence why a lot of top targets are saying, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Campbell has a top 25 class for 2021 so far

I haven't read all 3 pages so maybe Pepsi but is Brecht big enough to convert to a TE?

Blair - know the family. His Dad played at ISU. Former NY Jets scout. Monster ISU fans. They moved to the south side of Ankeny for better QB coaching/offense in high school No way he ever goes to Iowa IMO.

Holy God. I shouldn’t have but looked again. So now CF is saying because Matty can’t get the kids there for visits due to the virus that is why they are losing out on recruits. Wow. Another “act of God” excuse that goes with the lightning storm. Even worse than the refs have it in for ISU. This is for sure Marty’s last year. Purdy will be gone and he knows he is still little brother and it won’t be changing anytime soon. Really sad how the ISU fans are spiraling with the excuses. OMG. Yikes.
Who is Marty?

That argument only makes sense if Iowa State were actually accustomed to winning recruiting battles for in-state kids. As it is, with few exceptions, Ferentz is still landing the in-state kids he wants. And the kids he doesn't land usually leave the state.

In short, Iowa State fans are delusional.
So true. Lazard is ranked as their best recruit and would he have gone there if his dad wasn't a clone? Win some, lose some I guess. Honestly he's about the only guy we wanted that they got that I can remember. It's weird how people, especially kids tend to like teams who win consistently. Who knew?

We can’t give the staff enough credit for continual in state recruiting dominance. I’d be curious as to the retention of in state kids vs. out of state kids.
So true. Lazard is ranked as their best recruit and would he have gone there if his dad wasn't a clone? Win some, lose some I guess. Honestly he's about the only guy we wanted that they got that I can remember. It's weird how people, especially kids tend to like teams who win consistently. Who knew?

It would have been nice to see Campos in Black and Gold. It seems like Valley kids frequently, (not always) end up in Ames, does the coach there not like Iowa?

Downing looks to be a good player too but from what I’ve read that was due in large part to their ag program.

We can’t give the staff enough credit for continual in state recruiting dominance. I’d be curious as to the retention of in state kids vs. out of state kids.

It would have been nice to see Campos in Black and Gold. It seems like Valley kids frequently, (not always) end up in Ames, does the coach there not like Iowa?

Downing looks to be a good player too but from what I’ve read that was due in large part to their ag program.
If Iowa and isu offered me, I wouldn't give a crap how much my coach tried to sell isu....

giphy.gif

Campbell has a top 25 class for 2021 so far

Lol (if you're trying to be funny).

Lol, you're a "moran" (if you're being serious).

For the record, Miami (OH) is also currently ranked in the Top 25. I would add Oklahoma currently sits at 49th and Alabama 55th.

I'm sure that's how those rankings will stay too, especially with Iowa State averaging 2.67 stars with all those Rivals100 players they've gotten verbals from. Excellent rebuttal on your part. Iowa State is really reeling in some big fish. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Franisdaman
It's arguable that Iowa State fans are better fans than Iowa. My logic is this: if you are as long-suffering of pathetic teams year after year after year, but still love your team, you must be either a super fan or really ill, mentally.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
Lol (if you're trying to be funny).

Lol, you're a "moran" (if you're being serious).

For the record, Miami (OH) is also currently ranked in the Top 25. I would add Oklahoma currently sits at 49th and Alabama 55th.

I'm sure that's how those rankings will stay too, especially with Iowa State averaging 2.67 stars with all those Rivals100 players they've gotten verbals from. Excellent rebuttal on your part. Iowa State is really reeling in some big fish. :rolleyes:
Pretty sure it was a joke. Then again I've seen comments of our "top 5" class :)

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
CyTwins is something special. Dude can spin just about anything he wants to fit his narrative, that is for sure.
ME: "the sun is hot"
CyTwins "That is because Iowa State's SOS is tougher because we are in the Big 12"

7-6. Not good. One was due to Baylor not giving the little ice cubes any fans on the hot sideline though, LOL.

Trey - ISU has great fans. It is the inferiority complex of some that taints it. It is and always will be a Hawkeye State. The Big 12 is really down now, so better win next year or it will be a long time before they do again. Matty will be gone with Brock and they can’t afford a big time coach coupled with trying to figure out the Prohm buyout and bringing in a new BB coach. It really is “storm brewing” one that is destroying the athletic dept. JP talks the talk, but will never walk it. They are in deep trouble.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Looks to be a solid college contributor. Stack 30 lbs on him and he'd be an NFL 1st rounder as a TE, IMHO.

Noah Fant came in as a freshmen at 6'5'', 210 lbs.

Blair - know the family. His Dad played at ISU. Former NY Jets scout. Monster ISU fans. They moved to the south side of Ankeny for better QB coaching/offense in high school No way he ever goes to Iowa IMO.
Yeah, I know. Jase's older sister went to Iowa though. Iowa State isn't going to offer him after taking 2 QBs last year and they already have their 1 for this year. Iowa is still looking for 1 in their 2021 class. They probably won't offer, but if they did, he'd definitely listen.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
Blair - agree on that. I meant more if ISU was in the mix. Jeff isn’t a big Hawk fan! The kid is a great athlete no question. Thanks again for all the info.

OMG. I have never seen more spinning and lying over this than Twins and CF. So now, to no surprise, it was because of baseball and Twins heard that from his “Ankeny sources.” Which is quite weird since I know the family and his son is friends and with my son. And yes he wants to play baseball, but he was choosing Iowa regardless. JFC Twins you are spiraling with the lies from sources. Maybe either stop lying or get better sources. So sad. And besides wrestling from a certain recruit who I cleared with their family first, I don’t do the “source” deal in fairness to the family and kids. But Brody was going to be a Hawk regardless of baseball. And maybe, just maybe, cause we are a way better program who puts people in the NFL. Spinning is one thing. Lying a whole different deal. Sad.

CyTwins is something special. Dude can spin just about anything he wants to fit his narrative, that is for sure.
ME: "the sun is hot"
CyTwins "That is because Iowa State's SOS is tougher because we are in the Big 12"

He said the clowns didn't want Twedt. Wonder when was the last time ISU flipped an Iowa verbal to the clowns?

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Am I the only one noticing how the QB was dropping dimes 40 yards downfield, throwing perfect fade routes in the end zone and executing the back shoulder pass to perfection?

I am super stoked about Brody Brecht. A big, good hands WR with blazing speed! Wow! And a willing, effective blocker! What’s not to like?

The videos highlight another possible D1 talent at QB, though. Are we looking at him, too?

That QB is Jase Bauer who has an offer from Northern Iowa that I know of. Great athlete. He too runs 4.5. I witnessed it other day. Brody is a great kid.

OMG. I have never seen more spinning and lying over this than Twins and CF. So now, to no surprise, it was because of baseball and Twins heard that from his “Ankeny sources.” Which is quite weird since I know the family and his son is friends and with my son. And yes he wants to play baseball, but he was choosing Iowa regardless. JFC Twins you are spiraling with the lies from sources. Maybe either stop lying or get better sources. So sad. And besides wrestling from a certain recruit who I cleared with their family first, I don’t do the “source” deal in fairness to the family and kids. But Brody was going to be a Hawk regardless of baseball. And maybe, just maybe, cause we are a way better program who puts people in the NFL. Spinning is one thing. Lying a whole different deal. Sad.
Ok we get it.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT