ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks deserve to be ranked

And this is the problem with the polls. It should have absolutely nothing to do with last year. They shouldn't even put polls out until mid October.
giphy.gif

Reactions: BuckRussel
Our strength of schedule after three games is not impressive.
We need to beat Wisconsin at Madison before we can be
considered in the top 25. Iowa State and Pitt could both have
losing records this year. On Oct. 17, we play #17 Northwestern
and beating them would help us to be in the top 20.

Are you suggesting I am crying about this. I think this weeks polls prove I am right. USC ahead of Stanford. Seriously? Auburn still ranked?

For the record I don't think Iowa deserves to be ranked. Nor do I think Missouri deserves to be ranked. But then again I watch a lot of games and don't spend my entire existence trying to find fault in KF. That's your job.

Reactions: mtown66
5-0 and we’ll enter the top 25 at 20-23, depending on what other teams do. Winning against Danny Mac and the Mean Green won’t mean anything unless we hang 80 on them (and we won’t).

We've been pretty impressive thus far. Pitt brought all they could and rallied despite the score and our crowd. Withstanding all the other performances thus far; we deserved to be ranked. Thoughts?

Not even close, as expected.

When you've been out of the rankings for 5 years, you need to earn your way back in. You can't just move in by a matter of attrition and by holding serve against teams you should beat. Win the next two weeks, then Iowa is 5-0 with their first impressive victory in years, and the voters will take notice.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Are you suggesting I am crying about this. I think this weeks polls prove I am right. USC ahead of Stanford. Seriously? Auburn still ranked?

For the record I don't think Iowa deserves to be ranked. Nor do I think Missouri deserves to be ranked. But then again I watch a lot of games and don't spend my entire existence trying to find fault in KF. That's your job.
giphy.gif

Reactions: BuckRussel
There's not really many teams in the poll where you can say we are flat out better than. I think a Wisconsin win is enough to get us in. A road win there always carries a lot of weight

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT