ADVERTISEMENT

****Hawks @ Gophers Game Thread****

Yes, that is 10 seconds.

College clock doesn't show tenths of a second. So when it first shows 20 it's really 20.9, or 9.1 seconds in the backcourt. Unless 9.1 is considered a violation in college, it may be. I had no idea that it was counted when the ball was caught either (instead of when it crosses) so who knows.

College clock doesn't show tenths of a second. So when it first shows 20 it's really 20.9, or 9.1 seconds in the backcourt. Unless 9.1 is considered a violation in college, it may be. I had no idea that it was counted when the ball was caught either (instead of when it crosses) so who knows.
This theory only works if the shot clock goes from 30 to 29 immediately, meaning, essentially, no thirtieth second. This isn’t the case. When it hits 20, ten seconds have elapsed. Refs are to call ten seconds if possession has not been attained in the frontcourt by the time the shot clock hits 20.

Reactions: mstp1992
This theory only works if the shot clock goes from 30 to 29 immediately, meaning, essentially, no thirtieth second. This isn’t the case. When it hits 20, ten seconds have elapsed. Refs are to call ten seconds if possession has not been attained in the frontcourt by the time the shot clock hits 20.

Good point. I still think it's crazy that it's based on when the ball is caught though.

We are now talking about Catholics and Liberals and Refs. Now thats a jump!
I’ll out myself: I am anti-authoritarian progressive libturd secular humanist immature ref-griper with a penchant for vulgarity.

This is why you need to just stop posting. Fans like you ARE the problem.
You coward. Had to wait until hawks pulled out a win (when you even knew it was looking bad) to respond to my post

Everything I said is hard to argue with... Which is why you resort to name calling and no substance posts. Hawks aren't going to win many games like that. I'm glad they did. Minny isnt good and can't have pemsl, BE, and till be playing significant minutes going forward

I know but when the clock starts doesn't it account for 30 being like 0.0? So it's on 30 for a second?

Question - we were at the game today and noticed there was a stool next to the Iowa bench with what looked like Hawkeye basketball shoes. Any significance or just happen to be a spare pair of shoes

Weezy disappearing is concerning. Others stepped up nicely today
It is pretty easy to shut him down when he is the only outside shooting threat for this team right now. The other guards need to be a threat, If they are not, he will still struggle to get shots. When he is not getting shots, he forces things and gets in trouble.

To all the pathetic "fans" on this board that whine and moan and called the game over .... please impose a self-ban. If you reread this thread, it is just pathetic.

Also, to those of you that can't seem to express a thought without using offensive language, maybe it's time to grow up.
I was at the airport and was recording the game at home. While sitting in my car in the cell phone lot I got on this thread and read at the time all 13 pages. By reading those posts I thought Iowa lost until I came home and watched the game. Some people need to cool their jets. Also I didn’t think the officiating was partial to one team over the other.

Reactions: Rudolph
I was at the airport and was recording the game at home. While sitting in my car in the cell phone lot I got on this thread and read at the time all 13 pages. By reading those posts I thought Iowa lost until I came home and watched the game. Some people need to cool their jets. Also I didn’t think the officiating was partial to one team over the other.
But it was partial to Oturu. That guy got away with a lot of stuff and once again Garza gets a bloody lip with supposedly no contact.

Reactions: mstp1992
Refs really only glaring errors just happened to affect Iowa’s best player, thus the reaction. That crew is actually my favorite, probably. I think Boroski has gotten pretty good, and the really tall one (name escapes me) is solid.

Cant stand sparkles, though. That little twerp is awful.

I have never been a big fan of Coach Fran. However, he coached his butt off today- example reinserting Garza at the precise moment that he need to. I could give other examples but I think I made my point. For Iowa to win with Joe scoring 2 points and Garza spending time on the bench with foul trouble, is beyond expectations. This win might be one of Fran's all time best while at Iowa. Fran kept them engaged on defense the whole game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Razorhawk2
Refs really only glaring errors just happened to affect Iowa’s best player, thus the reaction. That crew is actually my favorite, probably. I think Boroski has gotten pretty good, and the really tall one (name escapes me) is solid.

Cant stand sparkles, though. That little twerp is awful.
Boroski wasn’t there. Scirotto, Kueneman, and Riley were game officials. And Scirotto is worthless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT