ADVERTISEMENT

Hello From Rutgers

Dec 4, 2009
A buddy and I will be traveling to the game on the 11th (first time there). I am looking at tickets on Ticketmaster in sections 105 and 106, does the row selection matter much? Wanting to make sure we get a good view of the field.

Reactions: ichawk24
I sat in 105 row 63 seat 16 for the Mich. State game. Nice view from there. A little higher up than I normally go but it was good. 16 is in the middle of the section. If you can get closer to the aisle, it makes it easier for beer runs.

I sat in 105 row 63 seat 16 for the Mich. State game. Nice view from there. A little higher up than I normally go but it was good. 16 is in the middle of the section. If you can get closer to the aisle, it makes it easier for beer runs.
Here's a fun game. Measure the distance between your seat and the beer vendor in feet (approximate is fine). With each ensuing beer run, add the total (to and from) and divide by 3 and then take a look at the scoreboard to see who has covered more ground to that point in the game...you or the Iowa offense.

Here's a fun game. Measure the distance between your seat and the beer vendor in feet (approximate is fine). With each ensuing beer run, add the total (to and from) and divide by 3 and then take a look at the scoreboard to see who has covered more ground to that point in the game...you or the Iowa offense.
iu

A buddy and I will be traveling to the game on the 11th (first time there). I am looking at tickets on Ticketmaster in sections 105 and 106, does the row selection matter much? Wanting to make sure we get a good view of the field.
If you want good seats. Look at the North endzone. You can see the plays and entire field clearly. The endzone is new. Concessions and bathrooms are easy to get to and less crowded. I will only sit in that section now.

Theres 79 rows. Row 79 is still a good view. You'll be between the 40 yard line depending on the seat number.
The tunnel to get to your seats is right around row 42.
There's not a bad seat anywhere in 105 or 106.

The row selection isn't a huge deal--in fact a little higher up gets you a little more clear of the "traffic" and the sideline clutter to see more of the field.
For your sake, it's too bad this game isn't earlier in the season as there are a couple solid courses to play if you were bringing your sticks.
Enjoy the game and the visit--I'm sure you'll find our fans happy to host and help.
You'll also find our offense mind-blowingly pathetic, and wonder "who the hell is calling these plays?".

• Haha
Reactions: longliveCS40
If you want good seats. Look at the North endzone. You can see the plays and entire field clearly. The endzone is new. Concessions and bathrooms are easy to get to and less crowded. I will only sit in that section now.
This!

I only look at tickets in the 300 section of the north end zone now. There is so much more leg room and seat room. You can actually get out of your seat to hit bathrooms or concessions without having to literally hug each person between your seat and the aisle. Tickets here are generally cheaper. I also think the view is excellent, especially if you don’t sit right in the middle (an angle gives you more perspective I think). Given the choice between 50 yard line seats and north end zone seats I’ll take upper north end zone every time. It’s also louder in north end zone. Sections 331 to 334 and 338 to 341 are my go to sections.

Welcome to this forum and Iowa City! Below is the SeatGeek ticket listing. They will show you a good view of the field. 105 and 106 will give you great views of the field. As long as you don't get in the first 15 rows you will have great views of the field. If you want to participate in "The Wave" it will be behind you in these sections but you should still get to see the children waving. i lived 15 minutes from the stadium in Bridgewater for 3 years but I never went to a game at SHI stadium. That was right before Rutgers join the Big Ten so I missed out in going. Good Luck!

Welcome to this forum and Iowa City! Below is the SeatGeek ticket listing. They will show you a good view of the field. 105 and 106 will give you great views of the field. As long as you don't get in the first 15 rows you will have great views of the field. If you want to participate in "The Wave" it will be behind you in these sections but you should still get to see the children waving. i lived 15 minutes from the stadium in Bridgewater for 3 years but I never went to a game at SHI stadium. That was right before Rutgers join the Big Ten so I missed out in going. Good Luck!

I am looking on seat geek In the north endzone as some suggested, I like the thought of more leg room and see that there is an EA section in some sections (337, 339 etc) is that anything special?

This!

I only look at tickets in the 300 section of the north end zone now. There is so much more leg room and seat room. You can actually get out of your seat to hit bathrooms or concessions without having to literally hug each person between your seat and the aisle. Tickets here are generally cheaper. I also think the view is excellent, especially if you don’t sit right in the middle (an angle gives you more perspective I think). Given the choice between 50 yard line seats and north end zone seats I’ll take upper north end zone every time. It’s also louder in north end zone. Sections 331 to 334 and 338 to 341 are my go to sections.
I concur. The higher up the better too.

Reactions: Sett1997
There really aren't any bad seats at Kinnick, although you will be looking at the field from endzone corner to endzone corner, but you won't be obstructed. If you are near the field you will see a lot but you might be blocked right in front of you but you can still see. I guess it depends on if you are more interested in play design and defensive sets or if you are more interested in all the gameday stuff that takes place on the field for whether being higher or lower in the stands is better.

Reactions: JDHawkI
I am looking on seat geek In the north endzone as some suggested, I like the thought of more leg room and see that there is an EA section in some sections (337, 339 etc) is that anything special?
Not sure what the EA section is. I can’t think of anything in the stadium that would make me pay more other than more leg room and better view. North end zone is the best, imo. Great view and unless you want to pay for the premium seats (I’ve done it once and it wasn’t worth it) I’d go with the north end zone. To be honest there isn’t a bad seat in the stadium though.

That being said as a visiting fan I would always recommend sitting next to other visiting fans. I’ve sat in a few away games as the only visiting fan around and while I have been mostly treated well I was a little nervous each time. Doesn’t help that sometimes I can’t keep my mouth shut.

bring a baseball glove. when somebody throws a full beer can at you, catch it, then drink it. maybe you might get lucky and it's a pint of black velvet. {edit I am joking and do not condone throwing stuff at people.} that last coach of yours was from my home town of ottumwa. I think he went to Texas longhorns not sure if he's still there.

• Wow
Reactions: Dr.PhilSuess
You can get good tickets for $25 on Friday before the game. Enjoy your 13-6 win. Iowa football is a shit show of incompetence.

bring a baseball glove. when somebody throws a full beer can at you, catch it, then drink it. maybe you might get lucky and it's a pint of black velvet. {edit I am joking and do not condone throwing stuff at people.} that last coach of yours was from my home town of ottumwa. I think he went to Texas longhorns not sure if he's still there.
And watch of for the Hawk female pukers ... sure you seen it on twitter. They just blow chunks anywhere and everywhere. You are basically walking into a slaughter house type situation. Bring mace or bear spray if you wear Rutgers gear. The female hawks just puke all over, the alpha Iowan males just want to fight everyone.
Good luck, better off visiting Gaza.

And watch of for the Hawk female pukers ... sure you seen it on twitter. They just blow chunks anywhere and everywhere. You are basically walking into a slaughter house type situation. Bring mace or bear spray if you wear Rutgers gear. The female hawks just puke all over, the alpha Iowan males just want to fight everyone.
I have not seen it but I bet it's all over the interwebs by now

Is it really that bad, if we wear Rutgers gear? We have had bad experiences when wearing Rutgers gear at Penn St...Really want to enjoy the game and the night life without Hassle.....and if that means leave the RU gear home I will......

Reactions: Dr.PhilSuess
Is it really that bad, if we wear Rutgers gear? We have had bad experiences when wearing Rutgers gear at Penn St...Really want to enjoy the game and the night life without Hassle.....and if that means leave the RU gear home I will......
No, you'll be just fine. Will you get some comments from drunk idiots? Probably, but every fan base has them. Rutgers isn't a hated rival so I wouldn't expect you to have much of an issue.

Friend had an extra on the 45 for the Michigan St game, right off the tunnel. I kept looking at my old season tickets in the front row of the NE stands. Other than the outside club seats, the first five rows in the N endzone are the best seats in the house. Once you sit there going back to being smashed in like sardines is unacceptable, even near midfield 30 rows up.

Make another trip. Our fans are historically chippy, mouthy and drunken fools. Now they are really frustrated. Not a safe place to be. Go to a different game.

Hey RU Golfer, what is your handicap?

My son has ticket in 106 row 17. Very nice for feeling the action but I had tickets for years around rows 40-50 and I like higher up to see better when the action is in the corners of the field. So it depends on what you want.

Hey RU Golfer, what is your handicap?
When I played all the time I was 16. Ended up with herniated disk in my next and did not play regularly for 11 years. I started picking the game up again this past summer and have been hitting mid 90's. Hope to get that back to the 80s next year

Reactions: grhawk
Iowa isn't Penn St. Nobody is going to bother you for wearing Rutgers gear unless its a drunk college kid. Most people will welcome you into their tailgate. Wear your Rutgers gear proudly and enjoy yourself. Iowa people are very welcoming.

I have no idea what EA means. That section is all new and I haven't sat in the north endzone for years but I'm sure they are good seats. You will be up high. The north endzone will block the north wind if it is cold. The reviews aren't all that good for those seats because they are high and you can't see the scoreboard with out turning around. Also the bathrooms aren't easily accessed according to what the reviews show. Look what i posted below. I don't think you need to get in a hurry to book your seats. There should be a lot of them available in the next couple weeks.

Last edited:
Ignore the trolls from Nebraska on here--they have no life.
As others have said, you will be totally fine. 99.8% of our fanbase will be very welcoming (the 0.2 will be toasted). Strike up a conversation and you'll likely be invited to join tailgates. Hopefully the weather is decent and you can enjoy the area!

Iowa isn't Penn St. Nobody is going to bother you for wearing Rutgers gear unless its a drunk college kid. Most people will welcome you into their tailgate. Wear your Rutgers gear proudly and enjoy yourself. Iowa people are very welcoming.
Students are fine, they all leave. The drunken bitter middle age Hawks is who you better look out for. And the chunk blowing Hawk women. Good luck. Place is cesspool of creeps. There is a reason Trump is always in Iowa, they love being and acting like pigs. Don't do it.

You need a better hobby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT