ADVERTISEMENT

History Thread part 3

He was a warhawk, like a gigantic one. He was prepping to go on the offensive against the soviets as soon Hitler was beat.
Probably because the soviets were a quasi Allie of Germany pre-June 1941 invasion.

Split Poland with Germany. Attacked Finland, annexed the Baltic states.

there was no appetite at all for a continued war against the Soviet Union though. Rightfully so…

[In 1951] Churchill became Prime Minister for a second time. He continued to lead Britain but was to suffer increasingly from health problems. Aware that he was slowing down both physically and mentally, he resigned in April 1955.

A truer Patriot you’ll never find.

He was a warhawk, like a gigantic one. He was prepping to go on the offensive against the soviets as soon Hitler was beat.

But he was right about Hitler so he got the PM job. Also a big reason he lost it right after the war ended.
If everyone listened to him and Patton and kept going to Moscow we wouldn’t be in the predicament we’ve been in for going on a century. They were both correct.

If everyone listened to him and Patton and kept going to Moscow we wouldn’t be in the predicament we’ve been in for going on a century. They were both correct.
The populace of pretty much the entire world would have had no appetite for a continuation of the war. Even though it’s fun as a thought exercise to think how history would have been changed.

I strongly question that much would be changed for the better. Do you really think Democracy would have survived???

And honestly how would we have occupied the entire soviet union?

Reactions: Torg
‘Flaws’ like being an alcoholic, war mongering racist, terrorist war criminal and all around asshole?
Flaws.

Dude's lifespan and career was the zenith of the British Empire.
He was the perfect child of it, and I think he in fact nailed it when it comes to marking their 'finest hour'.

He grasped the horror of communism and fascism for humanity.

I think history will also reflect the British Empire did a much better job of spreading the Enlightenment than any other.

I'm not for Empires, but I think the British one is on balance the best of the lot.
Compare her progeny to all others.

Reactions: h-hawk and bdoss
Yet you vote for Trump....his flaws make Churchhill look like a fvcking Saint
I’ve already explained the many reasons (Pfizer, Ukraine, israel, etc.) I won’t vote for Trump. Just because he’s not Biden doesn’t make him qualified.

I’m not a partisan putz like you.

I’ve already explained the many reasons (Pfizer, Ukraine, israel, etc.) I won’t vote for Trump. Just because he’s not Biden doesn’t make him qualified.

I’m not a partisan putz like you.

Lol....I hadn't voted for 20 fvcking years. I only became political because I saw how dangerous MAGA is

Reactions: Farehawk and Torg
Dude's lifespan and career was the zenith of the British Empire.
He was the perfect child of it, and I think he in fact nailed it when it comes to marking their 'finest hour'.

He grasped the horror of communism and fascism for humanity.

I think history will also reflect the British Empire did a much better job of spreading the Enlightenment than any other.

I'm not for Empires, but I think the British one is on balance the best of the lot.
Compare her progeny to all others.
He’ll always be British trash to me. 😊 https://mises.org/mises-daily/real-churchill

Lol....I hadn't voted for 20 fvcking years. I only became political because I saw how dangerous MAGA is
Sure thing.

I gave Trump the same opportunity I gave young Georgie Bush; I didn’t vote for him but if after 4 years he proved himself I might consider it the next time.

They both failed miserably.

MAGA’s just the right wing of the uniparty.

Churchill. I've read a ton about him, and obviously there are movies about him.

He was like all of us. He had flaws.
He grew up seeing his parents living a double life of sorts - his Mother was a wild woman to say the least. In a fabulous palace raised by Nannie’s and governesses while his parents led separate lives.

A product of the “Dollars for Dukes” era where rich Americans married off their daughters to English lords who exchanged a title for an infusion of cash.

Yet you vote for Trump....his flaws make Churchhill look like a fvcking Saint
How interesting that you rant every day about Trump being an unfaithful POS (he is) while your sig shows you’d be (phvcking) your brains out if you could…

“It is fun to be in the same decade with you.”

- Franklin Roosevelt to Winston Churchill, January 1942

Reactions: Torg
I strongly question that much would be changed for the better. Do you really think Democracy would have survived???

And honestly how would we have occupied the entire soviet union?
I guess I don’t know about occupying but Patton knew Stalin was worse than Hitler and getting rd of him may have been a step in the right direction. So who knows but it couldn’t have been worse. At least I think.

Reactions: goldmom
The populace of pretty much the entire world would have had no appetite for a continuation of the war. Even though it’s fun as a thought exercise to think how history would have been changed.
I don’t think it would be a continuation of war. USSR was close to or at the brink of collapse of the populace.

‘Flaws’ like being an alcoholic, war mongering racist, terrorist war criminal and all around asshole?

Flaws.
You do know FDR was a chain smoking womanizer who also drank like a fish, right? Who was absolutely fine with internment of Japanese and who was aware of the death camps in Europe yet didn’t fight to lift quotas or limits on Jewish refugees?
A shortage of angels everywhere in a must win war.

Reactions: LuteHawk
Quote from Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1932: "The Presidency is
not merely an administrative office, it is pre-eminently a place
of moral leadership."

In 1913, FDR was appointed Assistant Secretary of the Navy.
His wife Eleanor hired Lucy Mercer as her social secretary who
was only 22 years old. At the time FDR was 31 yrs old.

Just when the extramarital affair began is unknown but in 1918
Eleanor confronted FDR with an ultimatum to stop the affair or
she would divorce him. He consented to stop at the time but later
renewed the affair and Lucy was with him when he was fatally
stricken at Georgia in 1945 and died.

Reactions: goldmom and h-hawk
Like most of the British aristocracy who believed in the utter superiority of their countrymen over India. And every part of the British Empire.
Hoo boy are the Brits still paying for it today.
We kicked their ass at their own sport. Besides being a klingon on the US bum, they are nobodies ;) Both the US and India share the fact that we discarded their asses back to the North Sea. Winston can suck on his stoggie.

Quote from Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1932: "The Presidency is
not merely an administrative office, it is pre-eminently a place
of moral leadership."

In 1913, FDR was appointed Assistant Secretary of the Navy.
His wife Eleanor hired Lucy Mercer as her social secretary who
was only 22 years old. At the time FDR was 31 yrs old.

Just when the extramarital affair began is unknown but in 1918
Eleanor confronted FDR with an ultimatum to stop the affair or
she would divorce him. He consented to stop at the time but later
renewed the affair and Lucy was with him when he was fatally
stricken at Georgia in 1945 and died.
He also sent Japanese Americans to internment camps.

We kicked their ass at their own sport. Besides being a klingon on the US bum, they are nobodies ;) Both the US and India share the fact that we discarded their asses back to the North Sea. Winston can suck on his stoggie.

If the sport is Empire, I don't think their zenith will ever again be approached.

su9pv13ft7p61.jpg

1LMXSOo.png

Churchill was a great man but he was no GOHOX69… now that guy was amazing….I believe he saved the planet with his self aggrandizing virtue signaling. And Churchill couldn’t even hold MichaelKeller99s jockstrap. Churchill could only dream of turning a phrase full of one syllable slurs like that genius.

I read a book many years ago called "Dreadnought" by Robert Massie nominally about the arms race leading up to WWI.

Kaiser Wilhelm** of Germany was cast as a kind of a doofus cousin of the Royal family who wanted to be regarded with more respect than Churchill was willing to show. He was a participant in the titular arms race but readily agreed to build only half as many Dreadnought Class battleships for example as England.

He showed up every year with his own boat, parading up and down the Thames for the Queen's Yachting celebration in London (Her annual birthday party?) and seemed to consider the Prince of Wales and all the various family members to be friends.

However, there was an undertone about an ongoing and building animosity between Wilhelm and Churchill ... even to the point where Churchill was seeming to egg Germany on towards war when Wilhelm was still thinking the arms race was all a game and a show. (My details are from memory, but the book was an 800-page narrative and my impression was formed over many details that were offered. Churchill clearly considered the Kaiser to be a lightweight in affairs of the State.)

I became and have remained convinced that Churchill was definitely an Arsehole Warmonger...

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelKeller99
If the sport is Empire, I don't think their zenith will ever again be approached.

su9pv13ft7p61.jpg

1LMXSOo.png
And now they are a nobody has been with a wreck for an economy and to boot, an Indian guy who ran the country further into the ground. Jolly good indeed.

I read a book many years ago called "Dreadnought" by Robert Massie nominally about the arms race leading up to WWI.

Kaiser Wilhelm** of Germany was cast as a kind of a doofus cousin of the Royal family who wanted to be regarded with more respect than Churchill was willing to show. He was a participant in the titular arms race but readily agreed to build only half as many Dreadnought Class battleships for example as England.

He showed up every year with his own boat, parading up and down the Thames for the Queen's Yachting celebration in London (Her annual birthday party?) and seemed to be a great friend of the Prince of Wales and all the various family members.

However, there was an undertone in the book about an ongoing animosity between Wilhelm and Churchill, even to the point where Churchill was seeming to egg Germany on towards war when Wilhelm was still thinking the arms race was all a game and a show. (My details are from memory, but the book was an 800 page narrative and my impression was formed over many details that were offered.)

I became and have remained convinced that Churchill was definitely an Arsehole Warmonger.

FYI the Royal Family are actually Germans who had to drop their ancestral name of Mountbatten because of the war - and up through the 30’s they heard German spoken in family quarters almost as often as English.
They also are interbred to such a degree that the younger generations had to marry new blood so cousins wouldn’t marry cousins anymore.
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip were cousins as were Queen Victoria and her German Prince Albert.
Thankfully King Charles and the late Diana added new bloodlines. By the way Diana’s family have a deeper British royal heritage than the (Mountbatten) Windsors.

• Love
Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Cricket? We have a significant Indian community here in Jacksonville and they have some serious organized cricket clubs and leagues.
But hey at least the Brits stopped the awful practice of wives being forced to burn alive on their dead husband’s funeral pyre.

Okay I’ll go hide now. 🔥🫤

FYI the Royal Family are actually Germans who had to drop their ancestral name of Mountbatten because of the war - and up through the 30’s they heard German spoken in family quarters almost as often as English.
They also are interbred to such a degree that the younger generations had to marry new blood so cousins wouldn’t marry cousins anymore.
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip were cousins as were Queen Victoria and her German Prince Albert.
Thankfully King Charles and the late Diana added new bloodlines. By the way Diana’s family have a deeper British royal heritage than the (Mountbatten) Windsors.
It does seem to be working; Charles and William are both strong believers in the Monarchy and the Patriarchy/Matriarchy of the Royal Family ... and they seem to embrace the obligations and responsibilities. I think things are in good hands for now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT