ADVERTISEMENT

History Thread part 3

It does seem to be working; Charles and William are both strong believers in the Monarchy and the Patriarchy/Matriarchy of the Royal Family. I think things are in good hands for now.
And they are modernizing. William is going to be a good King IMO. I just hope Kate will be by his side.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
And now they are a nobody has been with a wreck for an economy and to boot,

How does their income per capita compare to India?
I mean, I know they’re behind the U.S., but most places that aren't a tiny tax haven principality are behind the U.S.

My point was just the breadth of the Empire is unparalleled, and I expect never to be equaled. And finally, I think in most cases the places were better off than those colonized by the French, Spanish, etc.

an Indian guy who ran the country further into the ground. Jolly good indeed.
Tories scapegoating the first wog in Number 10! Jolly good indeed.

You do know FDR was a chain smoking womanizer who also drank like a fish, right? Who was absolutely fine with internment of Japanese and who was aware of the death camps in Europe yet didn’t fight to lift quotas or limits on Jewish refugees?
A shortage of angels everywhere in a must win war.
Yeah. I don’t like him either. 😂

Reactions: goldmom
Probably because the soviets were a quasi Allie of Germany pre-June 1941 invasion.

Split Poland with Germany. Attacked Finland, annexed the Baltic states.

there was no appetite at all for a continued war against the Soviet Union though. Rightfully so…

Stalin doesn't get nearly enough blame for the start of the war. He had been wanting Germany to go to war with France & Britain since the Sudetenland Crisis. France & Britain had approached him about an alliance before the German invasion of Poland. But his demands were for territorially compensation where a non-starter for them.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
If everyone listened to him and Patton and kept going to Moscow we wouldn’t be in the predicament we’ve been in for going on a century. They were both correct.

Soviets had an absolute monster of a military at the end of the war. Would have really depended on how quickly we could have begun mass producing atomic bombs.

Cricket? We have a significant Indian community here in Jacksonville and they have some serious organized cricket clubs and leagues.
But hey at least the Brits stopped the awful practice of wives being forced to burn alive on their dead husband’s funeral pyre.

Okay I’ll go hide now. 🔥🫤
You need to stop living in 1845. But that's your choice I suppose. Your people had worse execution methods. Thing is India's gdp dwarfs Great Britain. So the British can eat shit.

How does their income per capita compare to India?
I mean, I know they’re behind the U.S., but most places that aren't a tiny tax haven principality are behind the U.S.

My point was just the breadth of the Empire is unparalleled, and I expect never to be equaled. And finally, I think in most cases the places were better off than those colonized by the French, Spanish, etc.

Tories scapegoating the first wog in Number 10! Jolly good indeed.
Your boy nearly bit the farm.

I guess I don’t know about occupying but Patton knew Stalin was worse than Hitler and getting rd of him may have been a step in the right direction. So who knows but it couldn’t have been worse. At least I think.

Oh I agree Stalin was terrible. That said I strongly question that fight the USSR would have done much good in the future, even if you could get the people to support such an action. (That I can tell you the people would have never supported it.) But Russia is a country that historically jumps from one authoritarian to the other. Jumped from the Czars to the communists to Putin. I sort of feel like the culture is not there for a democracy.

Oh I agree Stalin was terrible. That said I strongly question that fight the USSR would have done much good in the future, even if you could get the people to support such an action. (That I can tell you the people would have never supported it.) But Russia is a country that historically jumps from one authoritarian to the other. Jumped from the Czars to the communists to Putin. I sort of feel like the culture is not there for a democracy.
This is a logical take. Thank you you’re probably right. Not to open another can or worms. But your argument feels like trying to “fix” the Middle East. The Russian area doesn’t know how to not be oppressed. I also think the size of it plays in to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT